1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHo

GHo Senior member

I know a guy ;)

It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss...

1 person likes this.
  2. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

these are dope! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

LOL, Those are "Precious" as who doesn't like quality Cords? jeans, yeah. but Cords? OMG. if i didn't already swim in cords............[​IMG]

and i was advising RTC to look at Puma's, superstars,Tigers, etc for CM worthy sneaks, did i do the right thing????

-TIMBERLANDS< all day erry day. unless i'm doing the greasy stuff, or driving hard. then it's JP only jordan velcro's.

edit: explore this link to make your own sneakers with your handle on them....[​IMG]

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nikeid

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Pretty sure I see a third pair buried over on the left on the first shelf.

sure. Make fun of the addict. real funny guys.

Braved 18 inches of snow and black ice on my way to teach to hit 1 store.

Which was closed due to 18 inches of snow and black ice,

Fail.

4 people like this.
  5. brianG

brianG Senior member

A couple of finds from the last few weeks I've forgotten to put up.

Really cool Dana Lee Leather/Chambray trucker jacket. Slim large. Available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Awesome RRL reproduction navy colored pea coat. Embroidered eagle insignia and type. Genuine horn buttons. Slim medium. Available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. R01gt

R01gt Well-Known Member

Here's my finds from the last week, seems to be pretty hot around here lately - hopefully it keeps up:

Shirts - (top to bottom) Zegna, Luciano Barbera, super minty Orvis Signature w/ orange contrast button stitching, Hermes, Brioni and Kiton. The Kiton is cotton/linen blend, basically NWOT and I LOVE it - probably my favorite shirt find to date.

[​IMG]

Ferragamo Cheetah Pattern, Zegna Napoli Couture (first time for me), Hermes - if someone could authenticate the Hermes I would appreciate it. I'm 95% sure it's legit as I believe the spelled out name keeper and "H" lining are only found on their woven ties like this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older Brioni pinstripe suit - unvented jacket, pleated pants, etc. but not gonna leave it behind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older D'Avenza window pane suit from same owner as the Brioni - still dated, unvented jacket, pleated pants - but also not leaving the first D'Avenza I've found

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Polo made in Italy - half lined, linen, unstructured - even though it's pin striped, safe to assume this isn't an orphan right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Polo made in Italy thick wool blazer - really like this one - dual vents, peak lapel, ticket pocket. Missing one button unfortunately - hopefully I can find a replacement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly - can someone authenticate this Dolce and Gabbana sport coat? Looks pretty well constructed to me but the small size tag is throwing my off a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I wore my tims today all day. I walked through slush puddled and I DGAF! It was awesome. Looks like I'll have to wear them tomorrow too.

PS: I just stitched the lining of the BB 346 I found earlier. It fits pretty damn well. I think there's a certain navy blazer that's in your future!
    PPS: I need to start looking for onitsuka tigers. I have one pair of puma's that I LOVE for streetwear, but that's all I ever wear... My streetwear closet is severely lacking especially for jeans and shoes and I'm really hoping to remedy that!

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

OMg!!! I'm totes freak'n out about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Dana Lee is super hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

These right here are my JAM! Anybody's looking for a birthday present for me, a pair of these in an 11 or so, would do nicely.
    [​IMG]

10. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Older Brioni pinstripe suit - unvented jacket, pleated pants, etc. but not gonna leave it behind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older D'Avenza window pane suit from same owner as the Brioni - still dated, unvented jacket, pleated pants - but also not leaving the first D'Avenza I've found

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Polo made in Italy - half lined, linen, unstructured - even though it's pin striped, safe to assume this isn't an orphan right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Polo made in Italy thick wool blazer - really like this one - dual vents, peak lapel, ticket pocket. Missing one button unfortunately - hopefully I can find a replacement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly - can someone authenticate this Dolce and Gabbana sport coat? Looks pretty well constructed to me but the small size tag is throwing my off a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dope haul!

11. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Anyone find Jordan IVs in almost any colorway in 11.5/12 hmu
    Also Brian G goes harder than anyone in the last few pages

1 person likes this.
  12. eazye

eazye Senior member

I've been watching the bay for the perfect pair of Lanvin's, ever since noob posted his outstanding pair a few years ago. No luck yet.

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

I had a pair of these when they first came out. Still my favorites. I also had the Space Jams, I remember my mom shitting a brick when I told her how much they cost. :D

3 people like this.
  14. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

if anybody finds Jordan 12's -Do want, size 10.5/-11.
    [​IMG]

Reebok "Hexalite" blacktops, blasts,omni-pumps, or kamikaze's. aaaaaaaaaaghghhhhh i want those!!!!!!!!!!!!
    anything from that era in good condition.

edit: oh, and in the morning i'm going to a place better than disney land........... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  15. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Church's in my size, made in Italy, pretty expensive for thrift , but priced the same as some timberlands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plectrum by ben sherman

[​IMG]

Older find, but these are looking good after being to the cobbler and some polish. Allen edmonds (I think) for evergreen

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Dollywood?

17. Towers

Towers Senior member

If you need your boots polished, please don't use Wes as it turns out he won't surreptitiously sell them to me.

1 person likes this.
  18. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Even better............

19. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Noted!

And BOOOM! 100 posts, ya'll have to call me Sir now!

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Oh....Sorry, it changed.....1000 is the new Sir.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.