• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Butter soft leather, only issue is a broken zipper and a scuff below that. Not sure if I can have that fixed but I can live with it, it is better than a back pack with a jacket or suit on. Getting a $500 briefcase for $8... Priceless
:nodding:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Robert Graham Signature Shirt XL White Blue Stripe Embroidery Paisley Cuff EUC

1337458094095.jpg

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyway I took a little bit better pictures of my black tie rig, hopefully more than one person will respond this time...
shog%5B1%5D.gif
I am getting slightly better at tying bow-ties... also I really freaking love this shirt, spread collar french cuff covered placket is super versatile I would be happy only owning this and a light blue button down collar shirt
no ******* clue about this brand but I love the 60s looking geometric patterns in the lining the roped and slightly extended shoulders really add some weight to my silhouette (not everything can be soft shouldered and Italian right?) also I love the lower button stance that buttons right at my belly button some of you might like dual vents on a tux but I am glad this is ventless overall the only things I would change about this jacket would be to give it red Dracula esque lining, turnback cuffs and slightly wider lapels, but I honestly don't think anyone at my senior ball would notice these details anyways... I swapped out to fabric covered buttons I sourced on the bay this is also probably the most accurate photo of the actual color of the suit...
(still haven't pressed the shirt
shog%5B1%5D.gif
) [/SPOILER] now that the photos have finally loaded i am going out into the field to find some kiton :)
Ian, that fits you great. Well done. You need a cummerbund or vest, though. It's not OK to go without your waistband covered with a SB tux. And you need better shoes, too, but that's already been said.
Comments Thrift Fit Wore this to a daytime reception with lots of big-wigs who've met me before, but I knew everyone else was going to be above my pay-grade but without any real authority over me, so F it.
Details: jacket: no-name 1970's washable seersucker, from capnwes shirt: Lord & Taylor, going out of business sale PS: made in Italy silk, from GMMcL belt: Coach, from Fueco pants: BB, from tubs socks: Pantherella green merino, Marshalls shoes: 1970's J&M Aristocraft lizard-skin, eBay
Bro, that jacket is not good. Those lapels are dated, and not in a good way. If you had them narrowed it might be better, but it's probably not worth spending that kind of money on what's probably a polyester jacket, if it's washable. Sorry. :confused: Oh, but the cufflink box is awesome!

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ian, that fits you great. Well done. You need a cummerbund or vest, though. It's not OK to go without your waistband covered with a SB tux. And you need better shoes, too, but that's already been said.
Bro, that jacket is not good. Those lapels are dated, and not in a good way. If you had them narrowed it might be better, but it's probably not worth spending that kind of money on what's probably a polyester jacket, if it's washable.

Sorry. :confused:

Oh, but the cufflink box is awesome!

Forgot to mention cummerbund is at the cleaners also I looked up some polishing tips and now the shoes are very shiny so I owe you guys some updated photos when everything is finally all together and I have good picture taken at ball these were just photos to show fit mostly

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made my first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro Super Sport fund today. :slayer:

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made my first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro Super Sport fund today.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thought I read "first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro"
I was like
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

then saw "fund"
butbut.gif

at least you're getting there!

Shiny

Reaction score

A Suit valet not sure what type of wood, maple I believe. Not really sure why I bought this...
I have one of these too (from a thrift). Mine has a grooved shelf at the top to put your cufflinks, change, watch etc. Also, I read somewhere that after a long day, you should let your suit jacket rest to it can air itself out. Your pants, too. A few recent finds: 4x Hermes tiez. The bunny and the dove one have some stains, which I’m hoping my drycleaner can take out.
NWOT PRL jeans. How do I know they’re NWOT? The front button still had that protective cap thing.
Black suede Church’s hand made in fine shape. Tagged 9M. Made in Italy, though.
Staple minty white PRL dress shirt with the cursive writing. Gr8 Mops.
Versace tie. First ever at a thrift(!)
Recent E Zegna tie.
Never really noticed that these Zegna ties have this stitching in the back of the neck. Very cool.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had a boys day today, took my two sons to our first estate sale and was fairly stoked by some of the buys. Also found out my youngest is a great negotiator
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
We found 3 large buckets of Legos, and carried them downstairs. The guy asked for $30 for all of them and my son looks crestfallen and says no he is going to put them back and the guy gave him ~10lbs of Legos for $20.

Got into a sold out basketball game that way before. Those little crumbsnatchers come in handy sometimes....

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I made my first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro Super Sport fund today. :slayer:

You would love my Uncle's garage. He has a bunch of classics, some have never seen rain. I know he has a 69 COPO and he might have a Yenko. Been a while since I've had a look at them.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this Italy maker?
It's pretty crappy but for $8 that fits like a glove it will make a decent bar hoping coat

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I passed on this, but I also want to make sure that it was the right decision

Prada

EZ in some of the softest damn cotton ever. Does anyone know the name for cottons that basically feel like silk? I've run into it on Brioni before so I figure it's something I don't know about.

ACNE flannel, lightweight & MOP buttons

Haberdash (by Gitman) - these are basically Gitman vintage shirts without the tag.

Oxxford colorful check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads