• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions on the age of these? I don't do dress shoes much but found these and really liked the quality. Bostonian Wing tips from 60's?
Whats with the large nail in each heel? l
Hucklecat...that is what is referred to as a V-Cleat or you'll hear the nickname Suicide Heal.

messenger309

Reaction score
Nothing crazy today...

Did find a NWOT Metolius chalk bag (any other climbers out there?). Also two ties that seem nice (Pierre Balmain and Italo Feretti?).

Lol, I use one of the old metolius chalk bucket type bags for bouldering which I also thrifted
smile.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of great finds recently but these are awesome. So sweet. NOS shell gets me more excited than just about anything else I find.
Not sure I ever properly bragged about these. I'm so in love with the "new shoe" look of the sole, I've refused to wear these anywhere but carpeted surfaces. Because when I wore my C&J boots and Barrie LTD shells for the first time and scuffed the soles to look like normal mortal shoes, I damn near cried. True stories all.
Twelve little words to tell you that Brianpore is the nicest guy ever.
+1. No, literally. Because that's 13 words.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing crazy...

Fred Perry, Uniqlo

Ties... Talbott for U of Virginia, Gitman Bros, Pierre Balmain, Italo Feretti

Crazy vintage 80s Hawaiian shirt

Metolius chalk bag (my favorite, since it was in with the purses. Fortunately, I can spot that logo from four miles away!

And a little something for myself. Gap Selvage.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Won this on eBay. Got it for what I think is a flippin' steal. So awesome. Has original 1940s/1950s Bahamas customs sticker.

^^^ I purchased a vintage English-made leather suitcase that I use regularly for travel. It's the perfect size for ANY overhead compartment from the big jets to the regional jets and has been with me to 4 of the 7 continents.

^^^ On the ferry dock to Koh Chang, Thailand (April 2013).​

So who here is from Boston again? Got a Boston history question. Typhoid, is that you?

"You rang?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads