• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garasaki

Reaction score

nohio

Reaction score
My first Hermes. Hot pink. Can anyone tell if it is legit?

There is a small flaw on the front and the tip is a little off center. Available if anyone wants it.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first Hermes. Hot pink. Can anyone tell if it is legit?

There is a small flaw on the front and the tip is a little off center. Available if anyone wants it.

Hot Pink? Either my monitor color is off, or you need your eyes checked. Nice tie though...looks good from here.

hot%20pink.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Sweet little score from the other day. Was at a more remote shop and it rolled out with a bunch of shoes. Probably had been out for hours, folded up it's much more unassuming. It was one of those moments where my eyes actually got huge when I saw it.

Now if I can just re-attach one tiny spring inside we should be good to go.

They had a Maltese falcon, I bought a Maltese falcon.

This may or may not have been bought just because of watching this a while back. I know it's an awful copy, but it looks pretty awesome on my shelf.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a couple things, two sweet cotton knit ties. Much softer than the wools knits I've got and just in time for summer.

Vintage duck decoy

Vintage Coach glove leather messenger bag.

And another steamer trunk. Not sure what color it's going to be. Red or yellow probably.

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to hit the thrifts again. I keep wishing I will land an incredible haul like you all. But I did have some AWESOME luck, that I didn't realize until I started taking these pictures just now (see end of post).

Thrift synergy, Cap. Vintage NOS Lord & Taylor Seersucker pants. My size, but double pleated.

Interesting La Martina Polo Shirt. Seems very well made. XXL but fits much slimmer, I'd say.

Vintage BB 3/2 Wash and Wear Cotton Jacket (about a 44)

Sperry 10.5 Brown Boat Shoes

Black Loro Piana Cashmere fabric for Nordstrom Blazer, 46R.

Cool Marmot Windbreaker, XL

PRL windbreaker with tuckable hood. Has some spots, XL

A couple of days ago I found this Orvis vest. Awesome suede vest in pretty good shape overall. I was a little disappointed that it made it into the "boutique" section at a whopping $15, but picked it up anyway. I didn't know it was this awesome until just now. Orvis Suede Vest, with extra buttons and all. In really great shape and had a little extra bonus in the pocket. Started taking picture to post here and felt something in the pocket. What could it be?

Last edited:

JL3212

Reaction score
eazy--The ties look cool and that messenger bag looks sweet. Nice finds!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey is that purple tie available???

Unfortunately no, I use it for my pictures, and have worn it relatively recently. It's a Zegna I bought forever ago. I did happen to see one just like it on Neiman Marcus' website, only in navy blue. I'm very tempted to buy it myself, but considering that they're ties are so cheap at the outlet, I can't justify the price.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Ermen...%3D217%2C&eItemId=prod152940146&cmCat=product

Just a couple things, two sweet cotton knit ties. Much softer thane the wools knits I've got and just in time for summer.

Vintage duck decoy

That's neat. My grandpa used to carve his own ducks.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some recent finds...

Knot cufflinks

Austrian coin cufflinks. This is confusing, because I don't know this coin. Normally, the back has Maria Theresa, but in this case it has Franz Josef. Any European coin guys know anything about it?

Zodiac cufflinks

Suede Hogan purse

Fusold coat

Cashmere double breasted jacket

Ballantyne polo. Anyone need this?

Charvet shirt

La Martina shirt

Van Santen & Van Santen shirt

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dollfan thrifting money is the best. No ebay work required.

@hans those zodiac cufflinks are sweet!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads