• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of these 2 suit options? Decent price? Authentic?

I'm looking at a suit for med school/hospital interviews. I may just go with the Benjamin but I saw these 2 online.

Corneliani $460

Hickey Freeman Collection $500

Of the two I would go with the HF;[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif] the [/FONT]Corneliani is much too fashion forward, particularly the tiny lapels.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you guys think of these 2 suit options? Decent price? Authentic?

I'm looking at a suit for med school/hospital interviews. I may just go with the Benjamin but I saw these 2 online.

Of the two I would go with the HF;[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif] the [/FONT]Corneliani is much too fashion forward, particularly the tiny lapels.

Agreed, I wouldn't wear a suit with patch pockets to an interview. A bit too casual.

eprex

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. Yeah I noticed those deep pockets, a bit odd.

The Benjamin Sartorial looks nice too, fully canvassed. I really like the HF but it's plaid. Still very sharp.

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. Yeah I noticed those deep pockets, a bit odd.

The Benjamin Sartorial looks nice too, fully canvassed. I really like the HF but it's plaid. Still very sharp.

Worth noting that the cut is probably going to be slimmer on the Benjamin, particularly the trousers.

Last edited:

Hoofit

Reaction score
I found this pair of jeans last night and couldn't let the stay. They aren't selvedge but seemed like something worth picking up. I couldn't find much about them on the interwebs. Denim Dudes let me know if this is something you are interested in. Emmett Jeans 36X32 Available

XXXL Filson wool shirt

I also found some fall/winter weight trousers for ebay next fall. 1 FF POW NWT No brand part of a suit.

And this pair 2 pleats ( they are making a comeback right???) for Nordstrom mini houndstooth NWOT.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of the thrift threaders in NYC close to 7th ave PM me if you're willing to proxy (under $100) for cash or trade.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a bunch of Titleist Pro V1 balls for 8 cents each (retail is $40 a dozen)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nice! All new? I'm a groundskeeper at a golf course every summer so I have an overflowing milk crate in my room filled with pro v1's and other higher end golf balls. It'll be years before I have to buy new ones.

messenger309

Reaction score
Flipping through the ties at a local thrift and a passing rack lady (there is probably a more pc term
smile.gif
) says cryptically "Do you like labels?" I said yes by relfex and she said she would be right back.

Drops these on the rack 1 minute later...

Top row Zegna, bottom row Versace. Yes the second from the right Versace does in real life look like one of the portals from Sliders...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! All new? I'm a groundskeeper at a golf course every summer so I have an overflowing milk crate in my room filled with pro v1's and other higher end golf balls.  It'll be years before I have to buy new ones. 

Used, but good shape. I was reading about golf ball divers the other day, can't imagine diving in zero visibility water with gators and snakes.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro!

Oh, before I forget, GmMCL, hang in there, buddy! We are all rooting for you!

I vaguely remember seeing DM7's posts about buying a bookstore? What's that about? Also, 2 Zilli in one post???!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bounce2.gif

I'm trying to get back in here too... Still not a lot of time for thrifting, unless you count buying Boglioli off of Yoox
fing02[1].gif

What's up with GMMCL? DM7 bought a bookstore?

Someone fill me in

katch

Reaction score
4 J Press OCBD w/ Flap. 3 Blue, 1 Yellow. Not exactly thrift store, but sample sale. 4 shirts $62 and nobody's funk on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads