• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Daks Staple 42R 37/29

Played catch up on some shoes tonight....

Bally Ankle Boots 10.5D

Bostonian 8 D

Bostonian 9.5 B

Cole Haan Bragano 11 D

Cole Haan Bragano 11 D

Florsheim Imperial 10.5 D

Hanover Sheppard Signature - 9.5 D

Hanover Spade Sole Wings - 8 D

Still don't know who made these made in England boots. Totally roached out, but totally awesome. 10.5

VTG LL Bean Saddle 10 D

Nettleton Basket Weave Split Toe - 9.5 D

Bally Italy Romeo 13D

Bally Italy Romeo 13 D

Bally Italy Romeo 13 D

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about books? Old books are so hit and miss. I'm going have to do some ebay/abebooks research on these.

The Lindberg and explorer books are first editions and the Emily Post is a 1923 second edition, which doesn't sound too impressive until you understand there are a bajillion editions of EP.

Books are generally only valuable if they're in excellent condition with the original dust jacket (unless of course they're extremely rare). I looked up the Lindbergh book, and prices range from $5 to $4500 for that version. Your definitely looks closer to the $5 end of the spectrum... You might get $15-20 for it if the inside is in good shape.

abebooks.com is the place that most indy booksellers seem to use to price and sell books.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...lindbergh&bsi=90&ds=30&fe=on&tn=we&prevpage=1

acosbysweater

Reaction score
330CK, wouldn't mind seeing more photos of that Litespeed frame if you want to PM some over. I picked one up for free a few months ago.

Dat fireman jacket.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ScottW

Reaction score

Turnbull & Asser (my first)
Zegna
Scottish wool, which apparently isn't worth jack based on my post-kop perusal of ebay. Oh well, I like it.

Minty set of Trafalgar braces, tiny checkerboard pattern of silver and navy. n/a

Some footwear finds from the last month, all n/a.

AE Margates

I've been using these to work on my mirror polishing skillz. Not there yet but I'm getting better.

AE Strands, well worn but they're serviceable while I'm I'm huntin, lookin for a come-up.

One of my nicest finds so far...

They were a little dry when I found them, but a couple applications of Renovateur followed by multiple coats of Saphir cream and wax polishes got them pretty nice.

Can any of you John Lobb or boot aficionados give me any info about these? The construction looks identical to some of Lobb's equestrian boots, except these aren't nearly as tall as those I've seen on ebay or with a google image search.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my nicest finds so far...

They were a little dry when I found them, but a couple applications of Renovateur followed by multiple coats of Saphir cream and wax polishes got them pretty nice.

Can any of you John Lobb or boot aficionados give me any info about these? The construction looks identical to some of Lobb's equestrian boots, except these aren't nearly as tall as those I've seen on ebay or with a google image search.

It's rare that someone here still making "Thrift Shop" references can pull something like these. Damn.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ I can't really give you any info on the boots except to say they are ******* awesome. Nice score! :slayer:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While on the subject of shoes, picked up these on Wednesday. 9 1/2 not my size, but I love Florsheim. Would love to trade with anyone who wants these and has something in a 10.5 black any brand dress shoe they don't need.

Stewie

Reaction score
So, a few items today for me...$200 drained from Paypal :) Should be able to double with one item.

For some reason I never find belts for me...so I was happy with these:

Trafalgar ( I always love the fact they tell you what and where the leather is from,) Coach, and Tommy Bahama
couple good summer belts

Spoo!

This leather (pleather?) on this looks pretty cheap but the buckle is nice...vintage Versace?

What do we think on this buckle...real or fake?

belt on it wasnt original, thats for sure. (hat was a thrift find too!)

A few records for someone to drool over:

And finally the piece de resistance....at least for me! Sorry, but its not clothing!

Should be able to get 400+ for this guy. Pretty rare find IMHO.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^ I can't really give you any info on the boots except to say they are ******* awesome. Nice score! :slayer:

Yeah, this. Holycrapballs.

Having now found my Kiton staple suits in my size, Lobb and G&G are at the top of my bucket list.

BTW, ScottW, if you're basing "value" on Ebay sold items the unlined and untipped scottish wool ties tend to do best, so that may be why you're seeing lower numbers. Personally, I like lined tartan plaid just fine (usually under a sweater), so if you like it, rock it.

Last edited:

dustinmyself

Reaction score
I know I don't post much, but I just want to share;

Today is a day I've been looking forward to for a month.

The cap'n Wes & I are going on an epic thrift journey. Right now I'm enroute to our rendezvous.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I know I don't post much, but I just want to share;

Today is a day I've been looking forward to for a month.

The cap'n Wes & I are going on an epic thrift journey. Right now I'm enroute to our rendezvous.

It will be nice to actually have someone ride along.

Have fun and good luck!

Smaller guys: I picked up a pair of new Incotex (no tags) that are a bit too snug on me. I'm going to list them, but thought I'd offer them to anyone here at cost + shipping. Definitely not super-cheap, but I don't see a lot of EU 46s on ebay here, so I thought I'd offer them. They're summer weight, 100% cotton and optical white.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of you is the driver, and who's the shooter?

brianG

Reaction score
Any Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Thom Browne freaks out there? Available, I guess. Lol

29" Waist
29.5" Inseam
A little more than an inch of extra fabric for both if you need more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads