• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
ˆˆˆ And now you got something to wear while you hunt down the grail. Right choice.

jlandman1

Reaction score
Insane Robert Graham shirt

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice....but did the store accept IOU's as I know you didnt buy them....right? :nest:

I thought about pleading that SWMBO purchased them but she ran off to the restroom while we were in line to pay. I'm so screwed over there.

CesarC

Reaction score
Comments

To those of you patiently awaiting packages from me, you should be receiving them this week! Tokens of appreciation included. Been struggling to get my act together recently, under the burden of overcommitment that seems to be here to stay.

UNAVAILABLE

Pocket squares
L (thrifted): no-name silk, Turnbull & Asser, 2x no-name cotton+silk or linen+silk (? no tag)
R (C21): 5x Turnbull & Asser, 1 Pucci (2 TnA for me, rest proxied for MZHammer)

abcm2 -- anybody know this brand? Made in Italy, seems pretty nice.
Good news: my size, fits me very well, double-vented
Bad news: pinstripe orphan
Destiny: will look for pants for a few weeks, then inevitably harvest MOP buttons whilst sniffling

Records: Heifetz plays Gruenberg commission (on shellac, it seems!), and another Grand Prix du Disque winner -- Ciccolini plays Saint-Saens

AVAILABLE

Ties
Ancient madder made in USA, wool knit

PRL cords, 38x32

Bill's Khaki's, 34x32

Oxxford navy cashmere flannel (!), first non-trashed Oxxford for me, c. 41R/L

Quick Measurements:
Shoulder: 19"
P2P: 22"
Sleeve: 25"

Formal Thrift Fit (as seen in Thrift Thread Fits: Formal Wear
bigstar[1].gif
)

Wore this for a law school prom.

Details
tux: 1940's midnight blue flannel, thrifted by dexconstruct
PS: Turnbull & Asser, thrifted (posted above)
Studs, links & tie: Free, store was closing

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally found something worth posting. Isaia Napoli - in my size,
I mean it looks like it was tailored for me! Already wore it to work and got compliments. Thinking of selling it, honestly feel like I have to watch what I'm doing when I wear it in case something happens to it. It doesn't even look like it had been worn. Any tips on how old it is and the best way to market it on eBay or other? Christ's sake, look at thatbutton hole! It's purdy, no? I have a hard time wearing my Men's Wearhouse coats after wearing this.
Thrifted this a while ago just because it was pretty badass,
but it ended up sitting in my closet for months (and needed altered) so I decided to list it today. I think this is the 4th or 5th time I've picked up one of the crappier RL lines just because it was a nice looking piece and it always paid off. Fetched $80 about an hour after listing it :lol: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230967399255?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649
Each of these is sexy as F***K. Woodworker, if you get rid of that, you can sell it directly to me. But you'd be an absolute fool if you did. (BTW, nice to see a fellow woodworker here. Remind me to send you some shots of some of my projects. Before kids consumed all my free time.) EDIT: Highlife: nice ties. Cesar: nice squares.

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good Ceaser....Went to law school prom with my wife back when we were dating when she was a 3L

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No expert, but this is good, right? Popped a cherry or two on this one.

brianG

Reaction score
A couple of interesting Goodwill finds.

First: A pair of women's vintage Big John jeans. Made in Japan. Sort of a higher rise. Really thick denim. The leather patch is ridiculously thick as well. A cool find in the pocket can be (barely) seen in the second photo; an old NYC toll booth receipt from 1992.

Second: A pair of Chimala grey denim. Made in Japan. All of Chimala's hand distressed goodness. Tagged size 36. Available. Any info about the brand Chimala? From what I can tell, they are a ridiculously priced company making distressed denim for the likes of JCrew and Madewell. I believe their designers used to work at 45rpm. Anything else?

brianG

Reaction score
No expert, but this is good, right? Popped a cherry or two on this one.
These are Jean Shop's, right? I've always been a fan. Their "Classic" fit is ridiculously huge though. The fabric is great though, and their details are top notch. Never found a pair that fit well, however.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a good weekend.

First a RL Rugby linen button-down for me:

Next a Sea Island Cotton Turnbull and Asser 15-35

collar 15
sleeve 35
p2p 22
waist 20

BB Country Club Blazer with Loro Piana Super 120s 46L. Someone found one of these a couple days ago, (maybe AndroFan?) nonetheless Synchronicity is real folks!

p2p 24
Shoulder 20
Waist 20
Sleeve 26
Length 34
Andover Shop Navy Flannel Pinstripe Suit about a 40L. Pants are double forward pleats. British meets Ivy styling. Really cool.

SC
p2p 21
Shoulder 18.5
Waist 19.5
Sleeve 25.5
Length 33
Pants
Waist 18
Rise 12
Inseam 31, 1.75 cuff to be let out
Leg opening 9
Corneliani Wool Cashmere Blend Sportcoat. 41L The styling on this one is... strange. Had it not been for the cashmere I may not have picked it up.

p2p 21.5
shoulder 17
Waist 20
Sleeve 26
Length 31
And finally my favorite find: Ermenegildo Zegna Couture XXX (Trofeo?) green with blue windowpane sportcoat EU 58L US 48L

p2p 23.5
Shoulder 21
Waist 22
Sleeve 25
Length 34
Everything but the Zegna is available :spam:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Second: A pair of Chimala grey denim. Made in Japan. All of Chimala's hand distressed goodness. Tagged size 36. Available. Any info about the brand Chimala? From what I can tell, they are a ridiculously priced company making distressed denim for the likes of JCrew and Madewell. I believe their designers used to work at 45rpm. Anything else?

I'm a big fan of Chimala, but you basically hit the nail on the head. Japanese workwear goodness. Shame they aren't smaller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads