1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

I don't even want to tell you what my Frank Thomas collection is worth ... and what I ended up spending amassing all those cards.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I can imagine... I have cards that were once worth $70 (I'm looking at you, 1995 Upper Deck gold Jerry Rice!) that are now worth perhaps $2.00.

3. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

That's what I believe too and is what keeps me somewhat sane regarding thrifting. There could be so many scores in every category and no possible way to search everything there, so I just stick to what I know best and trade that gold for whatever I want at the time.

4. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Hmmmmm, worth a thought, but i had assumed that any rookie cards of current players would be worth coin, as would 92-96 dream team cards, jordan's, Barkleys,shaqs . -would sell to sneaker collectors, etc, i was an avid collector in the mid 90's. and kicked myself when i met YAO MING, and remembered that i had his rookie card......but not with me..[​IMG] i could go on.....

if you had a lebron rookie card in there for example? =your money back. put it this way, i would have given you $$$ or high value item for trade, plus postage for your $40 investment. you could have easy doubled your money or more. that's just from me, other guys would pay for specific teams or players. say this as i'm looking at a hand full of recent cards..[​IMG] but hey, i'm the guy who collects stuff i loved when i was a kid. so, i would be willing to gamble on it.

Go WARRIORS!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That you? Just sent you a 20% SF discount refund.

1 person likes this.
  6. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

[​IMG]

Went to the local at lunch time. Picked up this nice green tweed number and these NZ sixpence cufflinks. £5 for it all!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Yeah that's me, dude you are the man!! Seriously you didn't need to but many thanks!! I got you a beer next time you're in Chicago![​IMG]

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

This summer

1 person likes this.
  9. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

10. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

No, I hate it when I'm the only bidder on a sweet Zegna SC for $50 and no other bidders are bidding and then I get outbid at the exact last second. No personal shot because I don't know the winner but damn it made me mad. I was picturing what ties I was going to wear with it and everything.

2 people like this.
  11. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Guys who make decently priced dress socks?

I know this isn't the thread but I know most of you will have an opinion.

Thanks.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

5 hours? How long does it take to get set up?

1 person likes this.
  13. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Not as bad as your spot getting blown up about to e-thrift a poorly listed polo bear sweater, for 9 days I was the only watcher and there were no bids then a couple hours before the auction 9 more watchers and dozens of bids

4 people like this.
  14. DanM

DanM Senior member

This. I've had auctions in the past that I was sure I could snipe, only to see them listed on PTO and suddenly go crazy.

2 people like this.
  15. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

i'm prolly the only guy on here who can't do ebay. [​IMG]
    usually get mrs 38R to do it and give her the cash.. but she's asleep. not gonna wake up the wife to buy a rare video game....

married guys know what i mean.......

1 person likes this.
  16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What the fuck! I loved final fantasy... I have them all in my parents basement somewhere

*time to call mom

3 people like this.
  17. DanM

DanM Senior member

Part of the fun of having my Paypal account is occasionally investing in a must-have for myself, no spouse authorization necessary.

6 people like this.
  18. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

the item i am watching for 1ofthecoolkids as a prize would make you choke on your coffee....................

and spoo, i have a gold mine here that will never see the light of 'bay. - pun.

1 person likes this.
  19. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Hit one spot today with the kiddo only b/c I had a return that needed to go back. Picked up 7 recent suits w/ flat front pants. 6 Boss and 1 Varvatos USA. Not really picture worthy, but for about 20 minutes of work, I'll take it.

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I really want to play FFVII now...

I have a rom on my laptop that I'll probably use to play through the game. I tried looking a few years ago and it was impossible to find. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.