1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Damn.

I can't believe I forgot @Nataku !

Honestly, most of you guys are super awesome! I've really enjoyed learning on here and have come a long way!

2. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

*please be 30's, please be 30's* he silently whispers to himself... [​IMG]

3. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

oops should have read ahead, I just couldn't contain my excitement when I saw them.

4. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

Man that belt is sweet. Who makes it? That'd be perfect for the Spring time.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  5. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Wow, big thanks to everyone that offered to help out the guys that didn't get their gifts! I've PMed you but I also wanted to say thanks again!

1 person likes this.
  6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Trafalgar.

7. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Only a couple of finds today, but it was a quick stop.

I immediately saw a pile of 5-6 pocket squares. I liked the first one I grabbed...

[​IMG]

I immediately recognized this pattern:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I looked at the others, but no other Herm├Ęs. I asked the woman whether she had any more in the back. Her response was what you ALWAYS HATE TO HEAR...

"Oh, you should have been here earlier, there were some really beautiful ones in that pile!"

:fu:

I doubt it was someone that wanted one for its intended use. I am nearly certain it was an old woman that was going to cut them up to make cat toys or some other goofy shit.

I always picked up these jeans. NWT Lee '50s selvage cinch back. I am not a denim guy, so I had to look them up when I brought them home. Apparently it was from a 2011 line that had a lower price point. Made in Poland, a country not well-known for their denim. :happy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I'm probably just a jaded dick, but these latest "contests" (38Rs and #takebackthethread) both seem disingenuous and weird to me.

If you want to be a good dude and give stuff away, just do it on the down low and don't make a big, attention-grabbing production out of it.

11 people like this.
  9. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Yeah make a new thread for it please.

10. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

Not that it needs saying, but Gmmcl is truly awesome. Bought a tie from him at a (criminally low) great price and it's a complete staple, beautiful material. <3 <3 <3

11. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Picked up some scraps left behind from you CT dudes today. Westport cleaned out, so got down and dirty for my Alden, Orvis, VV :satisfied:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Magician Shaun

Magician Shaun Well-Known Member

I have to agree. He sent me an amazing Navy blue flannel St. Laurie Suit that fits perfectly, he tossed a nice patterned purple tie in the pocket, and only asked me to pay shipping! All around stand up guy.

On another note I found a pair of Stetson black cap toe oxfords today
    [​IMG]
    Can you tell me which shoes are Allen Edmonds and which are Stetson?

I also picked up two suits that under most circumstances I would have passed on, 2 Brooks Brothers 346 Suits in sizes 44R and 43R. The only reason I got these at $12.50 each was because they were brand new. No tags but the pants were not finished and the all the pockets, breast, and side, were sewn shut on both. I figured they had to at least be worth $12.50 brand new.

Was I wrong to buy these 346 suits? I know that they are of questionable quality but they must be flippable new right?

Lastly I got an unstructured beige cotton HIJKLM UVWXYZ Jacket. Also new without tags (breast pocket sewn shut and extra buttons in baggie in left breast pocket) This was the tag
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Can anyone tell me anything about this? I have never seen it before.

I also passed on a woman's Orvis because it was made in my wife's home country, CHINA, and even she thinks that makes it crap.

13. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

if there are any guys out there who wear a 17.5/34, I found some Robert Talbott Bespoke shirts in staple blue at a goodwill today, but I left them because they were starting to show wear on the collar and the cuffs. If you want them to wear or replace the collars or whatever, send me a message.

14. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

It truly disturbs me that you didn't pair them up properly.

1 person likes this.
  15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. ridethecliche

Stetson in the center, ae on the sides.

17. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

beat me to it.

18. 1ofTheCoolKids

1ofTheCoolKids Senior member

19. Magician Shaun

Magician Shaun Well-Known Member

I realized too late that too make that any challenge at all I should have cropped the photo so you couldn't see the color of the inside of the shoe as it was a dead giveaway. Otherwise the shoes appear almost identical. Are the Stetsons worth $5.95? They are too big for me, 11 D/B. They are in great condition with very little wear.

[​IMG]

20. ridethecliche

If it fits, feels good, and fills a void in your wardrobe that needed filling, then keep it. If you're buying because you think it's cool, but you wouldn't really wear it much, if at all, then bad buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.