• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexconstruct

Reaction score
I was thinking about selling the buttons separately but I think MG might be right that two buttons are missing from each cuff. Still worth money I think. Hopefully some Kansas fan wants a new blazer.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Dex, did you look on the back of the buttons any to see if those buttons are gold? Probably not, but ya never know.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I kinda doubt they would be, but on the back of the button, there could be a 12K, 14K, 18K....etc

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Damn. Was worth the look anyways. Good job, regardless! Great (and very interesting) find!

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think it's time I made a serious post, not a wildly satirical one.

We are all adults here. Watch this:

ass

Most forums on the internet censor those words, but this one doesn't. We are all intelligent people that self-moderate pretty well. We all also have our own sets of opinions, but what we need to realize is that other people are allowed to have a different opinion.

We should not look at what was obviously a joke as a hateful message, because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Dex brings up an excellent point on it being okay to objectify women as used goods.

Really all I think martinigirl intended was to say some of you need to loosen up. Way to prove her prove her wrong.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ass

Most forums on the internet censor those words, but this one doesn't. We are all intelligent people that self-moderate pretty well. We all also have our own sets of opinions, but what we need to realize is that other people are allowed to have a different opinion.

We should not look at what was obviously a joke as a hateful message, because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Dex brings up an excellent point on it being okay to objectify women as used goods.

Really all I think martinigirl intended was to say some of you need to loosen up. Way to prove her prove her wrong.

You forgot "****", bro!

MartiniGirl

Reaction score

ass

Thanks, 330ck. I never got the memo where using the word "gay" was inappropriate. It was a joke, nothing more. It's not gonna happen again, either. Wishing ill upon someone for making said joke, is just in bad taste too. I'm looking your way, Deadboy. The "go jump into traffic on the freeway" was very tasteless. I never asked to be treated differently. At least 330ck is treating me like a person, and I respect him very highly because of that.

This may be yet another derailment, but I'm still gonna talk nicely about what you guys find and add my insight. Which, btw, 330ck... That Brioni and Canali are magnificent! Well done! That hat with the box is major awesome. Looks like something Napoleon wore.

dexconstruct

Reaction score

Thanks, 330ck. I never got the memo where using the word "gay" was inappropriate. It was a joke, nothing more. It's not gonna happen again, either. Wishing ill upon someone for making said joke, is just in bad taste too. I'm looking your way, Deadboy. The "go jump into traffic on the freeway" was very tasteless. I never asked to be treated differently. At least 330ck is treating me like a person, and I respect him very highly because of that.

This may be yet another derailment, but I'm still gonna talk nicely about what you guys find and add my insight. Which, btw, 330ck... That Brioni and Canali are magnificent! Well done! That hat with the box is major awesome. Looks like something Napoleon wore.

+1

And now I need to start looking in the pajama section to try and find a Derek Rose for myself. More work to do...awesome.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
+1

And now I need to start looking in the pajama section to try and find a Derek Rose for myself. More work to do...awesome.

No kidding, haha. Wonder what the D.R could go for. By the way, Dex... The Goat Suede Polo is very eccentric! In a good way. Got 1 question though..... What does that thing feel like?! I've never touched goat suede before.

dexconstruct

Reaction score

No kidding, haha. Wonder what the D.R could go for. By the way, Dex... The Goat Suede Polo is very eccentric! In a good way. Got 1 question though..... What does that thing feel like?! I've never touched goat suede before.

I will refrain from making any unseemly jokes about what you may or may not have touched before. I honestly can't tell the difference from regular suede, except that I feel like someone will pay more for it on eBay.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I will refrain from making any unseemly jokes about what you may or may not have touched before. I honestly can't tell the difference from regular suede, except that I feel like someone will pay more for it on eBay.

At least everyone will laugh at your jokes, hahaha. I haven't touched Horse's_Ass's banana before (yeah I went there). Tasty looking banana too. It feels the same as suede? That's hard to imagine, but I can see it. I hope someone gives you a good offer on it.

rayxlui

Reaction score

Oh, you don't want to be treated differently? Then don't let everyone know your a woman. And from your photos, your definitely an older woman. So maybe you should take some time and learn how the internet works, and then post here again. This "I don't want to treated differently", but the "hey guys, I HAVE BOOBS LOOK PHOTOS" **** may work on the older guys, (hehe, SPOO. NAT.) but ***** you old. Yo ******* saggy. This is the internet. If you expect to be treated NOT liek a woman, then don't let everyone know durrrrr. Your going to be treated differently if you tell everyone.

If gay jokes are okay in your book, then you have no right acting insulted over Deadboy's. I'm from San Francisco. That **** would get you stomped on by fantastically dressed gay guys as well as the hipster girls. to even consider calling someone gay a joke tells us your either some redneck ******* her cousin or ignorant.

While DM7 might seem like a hypocrite for comparing a girl to used Tom Ford, open your fuckin eyes you white knights. This is styleforum. We're socially awkward people that only know how to compare things to clothing. It MAKES ******* SENSE TO THINK OF A WOMAN AS A TOM FORD. That's the only way we can see it as. When someone says she's like Tom Ford level, we think, "ohhhh she's Tom Ford level, very nice". How else would be see it as? If we compared her to another girl it is like "she's so hot she's looks like Ellen Page?" Half of us are probably wondering, what the **** is Ellen Page? And the gay guys would actually be wondering "how is Ellen Page hot?" Tom Ford makes sense to EVERYONE here, cause this is styleforum.

She might have been joking, but gay jokes should not be jokes.

honestly, we got some ******* white knights here coming to your defense, but from what I see, your just some older woman looking for some compliments. and even more honestly, if you hadn't open your mouth about being a woman, these guys would not have come to your defense, cause they're ******* white knights.

**** you white knights.

330CK. Gay jokes. No. There's no loosening up about that. It'd be like saying "you ******* jew, you want some more money" or "*****r want some fried chicken". Gay jokes have hit the point where is isn't funny. **** just does not fly.

And dex. get off her ****. she has a husband already.

**** white knights.

:mike drop:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, you don't want to be treated differently? Then don't let everyone know your a woman. And from your photos, your definitely an older woman. So maybe you should take some time and learn how the internet works, and then post here again. This "I don't want to treated differently", but the "hey guys, I HAVE BOOBS LOOK PHOTOS" **** may work on the older guys, (hehe, SPOO. NAT.) but ***** you old. Yo ******* saggy. This is the internet. If you expect to be treated NOT liek a woman, then don't let everyone know durrrrr. Your going to be treated differently if you tell everyone.

If gay jokes are okay in your book, then you have no right acting insulted over Deadboy's. I'm from San Francisco. That **** would get you stomped on by fantastically dressed gay guys as well as the hipster girls. to even consider calling someone gay a joke tells us your either some redneck ******* her cousin or ignorant.

While DM7 might seem like a hypocrite for comparing a girl to used Tom Ford, open your fuckin eyes you white knights. This is styleforum. We're socially awkward people that only know how to compare things to clothing. It MAKES ******* SENSE TO THINK OF A WOMAN AS A TOM FORD. That's the only way we can see it as. When someone says she's like Tom Ford level, we think, "ohhhh she's Tom Ford level, very nice". How else would be see it as? If we compared her to another girl it is like "she's so hot she's looks like Ellen Page?" Half of us are probably wondering, what the **** is Ellen Page? And the gay guys would actually be wondering "how is Ellen Page hot?" Tom Ford makes sense to EVERYONE here, cause this is styleforum.

She might have been joking, but gay jokes should not be jokes.

honestly, we got some ******* white knights here coming to your defense, but from what I see, your just some older woman looking for some compliments. and even more honestly, if you hadn't open your mouth about being a woman, these guys would not have come to your defense, cause they're ******* white knights.

**** you white knights.

330CK. Gay jokes. No. There's no loosening up about that. It'd be like saying "you ******* jew, you want some more money" or "*****r want some fried chicken". Gay jokes have hit the point where is isn't funny. **** just does not fly.

And dex. get off her ****. she has a husband already.

**** white knights.

:mike drop:

WOAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads