1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

Mine was full of RLPL and RLBL all on yellow tag clearance, I picked up a few items ill post later. I'm going back now to see if I missed anything and to check out another store in the area. oh, and whoever was pricing screwed up and put all the higher prices on RLBL!

They also had one of those PRL plaid shawl cardigans at deep discount that were being posted by a few members last week. Slightly different as it has a chest pocket. PM if you want me to proxy if its still there. Size L.

Also saw lots of Hugo Boss, a few good Dior ties, and a whole rack of PRL wool trousers with side tabs and suede edge on the pockets. None my size though and too expensive for flipping. Again, PM if you want me to check for you.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

^^ Mine was full of US Polo Association and Donald Trump as usual. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

4. Towers

Towers Senior member

Modest finds

Canali wool/silk jacket;
    [​IMG]
    Rooster Irish linen;
    [​IMG]
    Unworn feeling PRL jeans, still super stiff but with a fake selvege line (that fooled me);
    [​IMG]
    still not sure about these as they're slim fit and I have to crowbar my quads into them. If anyone has trades to offer up in 34 I'm open
    PRL seersucker;
    [​IMG]

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

+1. Mine always sucks, they never pull in anything Italian made.

6. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

- think " one month of the thread, in one store" and you will haul it very fast...........[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got you bro........
    there is an extra suitcase here for you and your lady to use.

7. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Damn it feels good having time to go out again [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  8. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Those boots are unreal. Much nicer than a lot of the super expensive fake military boots folks are dying for.

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Maybe snowbirds? I see stuff from Liemandt's all the time. They were an middle-tier men's clothing store for years in downtown Minneapolis. They also had a store in the Galleria later on. They closed in the 90's if I remember right. I remember being in the Galleria store a couple times.

Yeah, that's what I'm dealing with. I guess a lot of the upper midwest is getting thrown into the deep freeze too (N. and S. Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc). They say if you take a pot of boiling water and toss it up in the air, it'll evaporate. I'm going to try that tonight when it's supposed to be the coldest. Needless to say I won't be going out Monday or Tuesday. Not sure if my car will even start.

+1

I've been to just about every Marshalls in the TC area. Some get a small spattering of high end stuff (a few high-end ties and some weird RLBL jeans), but I've never found the amount of quality stuff that some of you guys do, let alone find it marked down to dirt cheap prices. A local Marshalls had like 4 Duchamp and a few Versace Collection shirts and I thought that was cool. :plain:

10. evolutionofRW

evolutionofRW Senior member

This literally had me cracking up!! You guys are hilarious! Wes, that picture is epic!

1 person likes this.
  11. evolutionofRW

I'm wondering who makes Polo's made in Italy shoes also. I have a pair of penny loafers that say "bench made in Italy" but I'm not sure who they're made by. They remind of a pair of Polo loafers that I had that were made by C&J...

12. evolutionofRW

Quick story....I went to one of my spots for a quick stop in yesterday and I saw one of the biggest donations from the same donor that I have ever seen. This guy must've loved Zegna! There were at least 20 Zegna ties--about 12 were the newer ones with the gold writing on the back of the tip. Then there were 5 Oxxford suits, a couple of Oxxford orphans, an Oxxford Navy blazer, and at least five Zegna suits. In addition to that, there were at least 10 Zegna orphans with pants nowhere to be found. There were also some corneliani orphans. The Zegna suits were trofeo and Tindari. Most were made in Italy but some were made in Switzerland. They were pretty much all mint and were size 48-50R. They were all well made and in very nice patterns and colors. Pretty much every one featured working cuffs. They were also priced very nicely. I almost bought it all. If it was all my size I probably would've (except the orphans). I am a 44R.

I ended up taking a 3 piece full cashmere navy chalk stripe suit by Oxxford, and two other nice suits by Oxxford. I also pulled one of the Zegna suits and a corneliani sport coat. If I could've found the pants to some of the Zegna orphans I would've bought a couple more Zegna suits because the orphans were the nicest ones. The ties were all absolutely beautiful and modern in nice patterns and not the old ugly patterns that zegnas usually have. I had to pass on all of them though because they were all very worn in the area of where the knot was. I loved all of them and couldn't even buy one. I will post pics of the suits soon..

Just some random things from the last week or so. There is so much more but no pics yet. It's been pretty steady for me lately. Good solid finds. Everything is available.

Crazy PRL wool pants fully lined size 40-32 (check the pics)..Some of the craziest details I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heavy Barbour sweater (no size tag, I think it's a small or medium) and BB suspenders

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two identical pairs of NWT PRL navy suede pants 36/32

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Patagonia retro X jacket X 2. XL XXL respectively. Seriously they seem unworn..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beautiful Pendleton robe in medium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

A surprising number of items for the little fellas today.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

evolutionofRW I have those same wool prl pants. One of my favorite winter pants I own.

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow! I can't wait to see pics, especially of a pure cashmere Oxxford 3 piece... :drool: I think you made a big mistake leaving the rest of those suits behind though. Especially in nice patterns/colors, mint condition and at basic thrift prices. I'd go back and grab all the complete suits in good shape if I were you. There are a bunch of 48-50 R guys on here who I know would love some of that stuff and even more guys on the bay who pay big $$$ for high-end suits in their size. I know a lot of guys who'd kill for a classic Oxxford navy blazer as well.
    :drool:

16. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

A few finds over the holidays back at my parents. Nothing like some of the stuff posted here but I'm working on it. lol

Orvis Khakis, size 40

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

USA London Olympic Jacket, Tagged XXL, fits more like an XL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Burberry Navy Blazer, available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zegna, size 34

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Handful of ties

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RL Polo Chinos, older NWT, 34x32

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RL Polo Sweater, Merino/Rabbit Wool, tagged L

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]

18. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Lucky! Wow, suede pants!!??

19. eazye

eazye Senior member

Wes, that yellow DB...... :drool: Is it linen?

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Probably linen/wool blend....too small for you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.