• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a sign of a true man is that he is willing to unspoiler a picture of another man's dick

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are my finds from today and yesterday... Nothing super crazy, but worth the 45 minutes or so.

Eddie Bauer down jacket (1970s vintage)

Uniqlo Women's Down Jacket -Size Small (and super minty)

Anyone want to rock their inner Magnum PI? This is a Paradise Found aloha shirt (medium, I think -tag is cut)

I'm sure someone will love this linen Zegna Sport shirt... Size large.

My wife mentioned she needed a new pair of running shoes... Wish granted with these Patagonia Tsali trail running shoes.

Last edited:

GM-H

Reaction score
Okay two quick questions:

One, Is this a thing? I have never seen any Armani MTM **** before. I left it because it was a blue textured SC (unvented)

And 2nd.... This is on a Zegna Shirt. I guess its a collar stay holder or something. But does it mean it's a couture shirt?

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M\an, I think the amount of thrift fit pics posted today is a record. Everyone's lookin' good, whether in menswear or SWD.

My contribution, from this morning. Everything thrifted or traded except for the shoes.

• Samulesohn SC
  • No name PC, Made In England - channelling my in GMMcL
  • Canali cutaway collar, thrifted last week
  • Charvet tie. Needed a half windsor because of the collar
  • Boss trousers
  • AE McHales

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this today thinking it might float someone's boat here. Velvet, dual vented, all pockets basted shut. Not Brioni or even close, but the price is right: cost plus shipping to any regular, and I didn't pay much.

Measurements:

P2P, 22
Shoulder: 19.5
Length: 30
Sleeve: 25, plus another inch possible

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First one is without flash, second one is with. Please be kind! This is my first "fit pic" Rag & Bone "Sweater Blazer". Got it on sale for a steal! Originally $535, got it for $160! Bling Bling long sleeve t-shirt. Red shirt with white sleeves (Sleeves on pictured) YMI Premium Jeans
That Swazer is pretty awesome. I've never seen anything like that.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've been inspired by this thread ... i'm going to attempt some thrifting tomorrow
most likely i will not find anything even remotely worth posting up but i'll be happy if i can find just one shirt or jacket that i can actually wear

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing your location makes me think you'll easily come home with at least a few obscure high-end SW&D pieces and maybe a Kiton suit or three.
given that I am a noob, I will most likely end up with some fake hermes and gucci stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads