• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzied

Reaction score
lol - yeah I guess e-bay shopping isn't thrifting in the traditional sense, I wasn't aware of the other thread though, so apologies if posts are better suited there

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
If you read the thread you'd know I don't drive a Prius.

By the way, there's a thrift store specially serving attention starved bigots such as yourself. It's called Walmart.

If anyone actually tried to read up on you, You'd just fake your way thru everything. Didn't you "quit" SF a while back too?? Cause the guys were "being mean to you"...? Sounds kinda gay, brah. Embrace the gay! Drive up to Washington and marry your lover! It's ok to do that there! You're calling me a bigot??! Lol. Do you even know what that word is?! I have been nothing but nice to everyone on here. You sir... are the bigot or maybe even a gasbag. All talk, but no pictures to show proof. You know how this thread goes... "Pics or it didn't happen"

I apologize in advance to anyone who might feel insulted by this. I mean no harm!
fight[1].gif
He took my joke as a little too serious. So **** just got real.

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol - yeah I guess e-bay shopping isn't thrifting in the traditional sense, I wasn't aware of the other thread though, so apologies if posts are better suited there

no, they're appropriate for here. thrifting, marshalls/tj maxx/nordstrom rack, ebay - all fair game for this thread. I suppose you could cross-post if you really felt like it, it's up to you.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone actually tried to read up on you, You'd just fake your way thru everything. Didn't you "quit" SF a while back too?? Cause the guys were "being mean to you"...? Sounds kinda gay, brah. Embrace the gay! Drive up to Washington and marry your lover! It's ok to do that there! You're calling me a bigot??! Lol. Do you even know what that word is?! I have been nothing but nice to everyone on here. You sir... are the bigot or maybe even a gasbag. All talk, but no pictures to show proof. You know how this thread goes... "Pics or it didn't happen"

I apologize in advance to anyone who might feel insulted by this. I mean no harm!
fight%5B1%5D.gif
He took my joke as a little too serious. So **** just got real.
Not sure if serious
or Frenchy 4.0.

Either way, I'm going to sleep. Gay accusations were old in 3rd grade, and they're old now... coming from a middle aged woman.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jebus Krice! Don't you guys got work or something tomorrow morning? Don't you people ever sleep?!
lol8[1].gif

Can't we just get along! MG, you should post that Kiton SC!

Welcome back, DM7! Haven't heard from you in a cool minute!

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just thought it was a bit of an overreaction—even if what led to it wasn't in the greatest of taste.

I just think it's lame everybody seems to be giving her a pass for throwing around "lol ur gay" taunts, going along with this weird flirting thing that's been developing in the past few days, and I'm sure we all know the reason nobody has said anything. I'm trying to be fair here, and obviously nobody's making (some of) these guys flirt with you and I'm not blaming you for that, and before tonight you've generally been nice and you seem to know a lot about used mens clothes.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Not sure if serious
or Frenchy 4.0.

Either way, I'm going to sleep. Gay accusations were old in 3rd grade, and they're old now... coming from a middle aged woman.

Not frenchy. I might be R. Kelly though cause I'm gonna start singing "Trapped in the Closet" to you, hahaha! Learn to take a joke, man. It's no fun living up your own ass for so long. But it would make sense why you wouldn't like ****** then. If I'm a middle aged woman... what does that make you? A 14 year old? Do you feel the need to pick on the only woman here because I'm getting more attention than you? Does that hurt your feelings? Do you like the male attention? Do you feel butt hurt because no guy on here is saying "Oh DM7, you look so fabulous and delicious!" ... You sneeze glitter!

Quote: Jebus Krice! Don't you guys got work or something tomorrow morning? Don't you people ever sleep?!
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Can't we just get along! MG, you should post that Kiton SC!

Welcome back, DM7! Haven't heard from you in a cool minute!

He started it! Simply made a joke and he felt the need to start insulting! How childish. My hope for humanity is dwindling with people like DM7 on the planet. Lack of humor, tsk tsk. I have a hard time sleeping, unfortunately. The same could be said to you, Barrel! And I'm not gonna post that Kiton! .... Not just yet anyways.....

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I just think it's lame everybody seems to be giving her a pass for throwing around "lol ur gay" taunts, going along with this weird flirting thing that's been developing in the past few days, and I'm sure we all know the reason nobody has said anything. I'm trying to be fair here, and obviously nobody's making (some of) these guys flirt with you and I'm not blaming you for that, and before tonight you've generally been nice and you seem to know a lot about used mens clothes.

Sounds like you're actually giving DM7 the pass for being a douchebag. The bigot comment came out of nowhere and you're telling me that MY "gay joke" was more tasteless than his comment? You need to go to back to school then. I've always stood up to my bullies. I ain't gonna let them walk all over me. Granted that I've walked away with some black eyes because I stood up to someone, it's not gonna stop me. And I have absolutely NO idea where you're getting this "weird flirting" from. Maybe you see it this way, but I guarantee nobody else really sees it that way. Especially the guys who are engaging in the "weird flirting". It's harmless fun. Does everything have to be serious all the time?

CesarC

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, but people may be asleep.... I am on the east coast and somehow awake, and I just now saw this exchange. I'm all for gender equity etc., and I think that includes refraining from gay jokes as well as "popping cherries" and referring to people as EUC etc., but that's probably me being oversensitive. I do agree, however, that things seemed to have started in good fun and degraded very quickly. I need to go to sleep. Let's see if this is the same place in the morning, and not still rolling on multi-page tirades about gun control or capitalism or similar. Where's Klobber when you need a good de-rail?

EDIT: I should've said this earlier but was drowsy etc. In all fairness to MartiniGirl, that Walmart comment was out of line, even if feelings were hurt. Didn't want to start a long rampage of pages going back-and-forth, but thought I should say that for the record.

Last edited:

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Sigh.... I'm starting to understand why women aren't on this site. Some of you guys instantly think "that she's just here to flirt with you", but I assure you, that isn't my intention. I came here to prove that women can have knowledge of men's clothing. Some of you (you know who you are) have great knowledge of women's clothing and it's amazing! Women's clothing is quite difficult to understand, what with the sizing differences, Odds and Evens.

But I say 1 little thing and it's instant insanity. I have a very friendly disposition and it's misconstrued as flirting through the internet. It's quite sad how 1 joke can be turned against a person. I never expected ANYONE on here to treat me differently either. You did that all on your own.

Spoo, you were correct, sir. You really DO have to have tough skin to be on this site, lol. Guess I'll have to be serious like the rest of ya. I can't imagine you all being this serious in person either. At least Donald Trump laughs every now and then......

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not frenchy. I might be R. Kelly though cause I'm gonna start singing "Trapped in the Closet" to you, hahaha! Learn to take a joke, man. It's no fun living up your own ass for so long. But it would make sense why you wouldn't like ****** then. If I'm a middle aged woman... what does that make you? A 14 year old? Do you feel the need to pick on the only woman here because I'm getting more attention than you? Does that hurt your feelings? Do you like the male attention? Do you feel butt hurt because no guy on here is saying "Oh DM7, you look so fabulous and delicious!" ... You sneeze glitter!

He started it! Simply made a joke and he felt the need to start insulting! How childish. My hope for humanity is dwindling with people like DM7 on the planet. Lack of humor, tsk tsk. I have a hard time sleeping, unfortunately. The same could be said to you, Barrel! And I'm not gonna post that Kiton! .... Not just yet anyways.....
Hey, I work grave yard hours! I could be doing eBay but my lazy ass would rather look up used men's clothes.
Sigh.... I'm starting to understand why women aren't on this site. Some of you guys instantly think "that she's just here to flirt with you", but I assure you, that isn't my intention. I came here to prove that women can have knowledge of men's clothing. Some of you (you know who you are) have great knowledge of women's clothing and it's amazing! Women's clothing is quite difficult to understand, what with the sizing differences, Odds and Evens.

But I say 1 little thing and it's instant insanity. I have a very friendly disposition and it's misconstrued as flirting through the internet. It's quite sad how 1 joke can be turned against a person. I never expected ANYONE on here to treat me differently either. You did that all on your own.

Spoo, you were correct, sir. You really DO have to have tough skin to be on this site, lol. Guess I'll have to be serious like the rest of ya. I can't imagine you all being this serious in person either. At least Donald Trump laughs every now and then......
I think you just have to just brush off what people says on the interwebz. Not worth getting worked up over he says, she says...Go on, brush your shoulders off! We have so many different personalities on here that it's understandably so, some are more sensitive than others. We just have to keep that in mind and make sure we don't overly offend those folks. I think, in the end, more often then not, we all mean well. Sometimes, it's our deliverance that get us in trouble. With that say, MG, post that damn Kitten!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I give a holler to my sisters on welfare
Tupac cares, and don't nobody else care
And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
When you come around the block brothas clown a lot
But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up
Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up

oooo child things are gonna get easier

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh really? Now what do you like? Mini skirts, booty shorts, naked, fishnets..... I could go on, lol! I'm patient, no worries!
LL
LL
LL
Not a fan of the last one....But the middle one :nodding: And yes...some people cannot take a joke on this site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads