1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46n2

46n2 Senior member

Found these Norwegian welted handmade Stefano Bi's today. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also some Polarized Maui Jim's with case that slipped through the cracks and were in the sunglasses pile o' death and not in the glass case. Stoked
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

If you thrift for a living, then I guess that's okay. If not, it's just a bit too much like the ref. and the head coach passing signals during a football game.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

NYE thrift fit: 1940 vintage tux. Happy New Year, y'all.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  6. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

My hairline has been permanently undercut, sadly, by God

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Spoo you're a fucking class act.

As for me, it turned out that it's 25% off at the local gw. I went a little nuts but I think I found some really neat things!

Had second thoughts about a few things so I left them. Regret maybe one of those things, but it'll pass!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. thriftydood

thriftydood Senior member

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Spoo, that's why you'll continue to have good fortune. Happy New Year, bro.

3 people like this.
  10. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Nice job Matt, as always happy new year! And a happy healthy thrifty new year to everyone here!

2 people like this.
  11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

My end of the bargain.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I've told Spoo this before, but does certainly pertain about other members as well, his generosity always exceeds my expectations. Keep giving good fellas, the fortune will follow.

Happy New Year's Eve to all you wonderful guys! Have fun, be safe!

See you all on the other side, 2014 better watch out. We gonna kill it in here!!

1 person likes this.
  13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

2 people like this.
  14. highlifeman

highlifeman Senior member

Happy New Year's everyone, great hauls lately....!!

A few finds from this past weekend.....

Only the 2nd Kiton Ive found in the wild, sz 17 (has a couple of spots but should come out)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was about to leave the place I found the kiton, when I noticed a rack in the back of the store, snagged the next 3 SC's off of it.....prob all from same donor..

Wool Cotton Zegna Soft, 54 EU, has a couple of discolorations,could just be worn nap of the fabric but may come out w/ a dry cleaning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luciano Barbera by St Andrews SC, dual vent, Tagged 52 L EU
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Older but dual vent pure cashmere Zegna for Wilkes Bashford SC, tagged 54 L EU
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zegna Tie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought this for myself (wanted to wear skull logo shirt to work lol) but a little snug so avail for cost ($3)+ship if anyone wants, slim fitting medium RL Rugby stripe short w/ skull logo....(shows a little wear on cuffs)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From a stop today- BB 1818 Fitzgerald Cotton & Linen partially lined SC w/ killer plaid & stripe lining,
    , found sales receipt in the pocket from BB showing it was purchased for $448 in June of this year...

46 L
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not reg thrift prices (some of the places I go mark up fairly high on some items) almost like new Alden for Brooks Brothers black shortwings, 9.5 D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Okay. I REALLY need to stop this. Or else collect a finder's fee!

Ferrari Vintage (pre 1970) Money Clip

[​IMG]

Time left: 8d 16h (Jan 09, 2014 10:07:54 PST)
    Starting bid: US $5.00 [ 0 bids ]

1 person likes this.
  16. SpooPoker

LOL Dig

1 person likes this.
  17. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Had a nice shoe run today.

L to R:

Moreschi - Ostrich/Calfskin
    Florsheim Imperial Shell Cordovan Longwing
    Martin Dingman (not sure what to call it -- tiny diamond mesh)
    Bally Captoe
    Salvatore Ferragamo Split toe Blucher

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Few quick things from today before I head out to get ready for the evening...

I have no idea about this brand, but this looked substantial and the work looked pretty good to my really untrained eye. I don't know denim at all, but this 'spoke' to me. The brand is called 'operator'. @Nataku @barrelntrigger , any info? I searched ebay and google and all I found were concealed carry hits for jackets and pants...

Tagged small, but it's huge on my arms. Also has a drawstring waist. Available.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teaser...
    [​IMG]

Orvis suedes Khakis! Size 36. Available.
    [​IMG]
    :)
    [​IMG]

Did I just make a mistake or is this an SWD grail-ish item?

Michalsky Berlin. It's basically a puffer jacket except it's a blazer. What?
    Size Large. Available.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I heard this was a thing...
    XL Available.
    [​IMG]

Other things today were an EZ shirt, a few BB slim fit shirts, a Pink Shirt, and a few other things for myself. The weirdest things that I grabbed but eventually passed on were a women's western blazer (it was crazy looking!) but the back had a few stains and I know nothing about women's clothing and the name didn't register any hits. AND a hickey freeman sport blazer made in italy. I have some pics of the jacket and tag and I'll post them later because I've never seen any of these before out in the field or on this thread. I also passed on a canali shirt because the collars were a hair worn. Oh well.

19. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Shouts to EazyE, Nataku and RideTheCliche for sending some packages my way. Cheers!

Speaking of cheers, I'd like to raise a glass to this thread and its dwellers. The knowledge level here never fails to amaze me. No matter how obscure the label, someone knows the company's history; no matter how weirdly constructed the garment, someone knows its name and its arcane purpose; no matter how convincing the fake, someone knows how to spot the fatal flaw. I have learned so much from you all and hope to one day have half the knowledge you all do.

The postman came today and dropped off some deep-discount purchases I made on Boxing Day (all thrift-funded, natch). Excuse the crap pics but the sun set a while ago and I'm too lazy to dig out the photo gear.

I heard of the Japanese brand Sassafras this summer and thought it was really cool; I'm an avid gardener and have completely torn up my backyard and most of the front lawn to turn into veggie space, including building a greenhouse and utility shed from scratch. I'm also a workwear fan but kind of feel weird about wearing it since I have a cushy desk job. Sassafras makes workwear aimed at gardeners, with unconventional pockets and loops for trowels, sprayer bottles and the myriad of other odds and ends I usually end up carrying around, so I was immediately drawn to their style of workwear since it was relatable to my life and didn't make me feel like I was playing roughneck dress-up.
    [​IMG]
    Sassafras Gardener Jacket, 14oz raw selvedge with gusseted armpits and lots of cool utility pockets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sassafras Sprayer Pant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sassafras Fall Leaf jeans, 14.5 oz. raw selvedge with insane/ridiculous/weird/awesome pocket layout for all your tools

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Needles Rebuild BDU vest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ Wow! Those are some seriously cool pieces!!

Here's my vest I was talking about. Just dug this out of the space closet at my parents house. It's been over a decade since this came remotely close to fitting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.