1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

The Canadian version of E's (incredible) find:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Just counted 22 moth nibbles. Maybe buying it wasn't such a good idea.

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

F50 you say??? :devil:

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

The label doesn't look right from here. Is this some knockoff from Hong Kong? It certainly doesn't look like the Barbour labels I've seen.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I say. Theres none in chicago that I know of... or?

6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

The baddest car on the planet though the Bugatti looks pretty cool in the wild

7. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I agree. I couldn't find a made in tag. I didn't look too hard though. Maybe I will soon after I'm done with games

8. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Don't fill the ammo bag, if you know what I mean...

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Dude, I made some comments in line in the spoiler/quote. I don't really like the way new people on this thread are generally treated. I understand that they can be frustrating, and have been so myself, but really, how much effort does it take to scroll past a post? And how much more effort does it take to be helpful? Cliche, buy less since you are just starting out. Just get the stuff you are 100% on. If there's a bunch of it on the rack (BB), it's probably pretty common. Get the eBay app and learn how to use it. And use that smart phone in your pocket. It's your friend.

2 people like this.
  10. eazye

eazye Senior member

But seriously, that Vicuna blazer I found a few thousand pages back is being made into an ammo bag as we speak. :nodding:

11. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Just throwing this out there, because I'm horrible at organizing things...

The end of the year is fast approaching and perhaps we should consider handing out some awards. I thought the Cheapies worked well last time, but maybe we should think about expanding it. I was thinking Haul of the Year, Best Single Item (like last time) and Thrifter of the Year. if this is a stupid idea, feel free to say so. I won't be offended.

4 people like this.
  12. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Vicuna works best as a liner, I think. I'd never wear that crap so the world could see it.

13. 330CK

330CK Senior member

Cavallino Classic is coming up, what do I get if I post pictures of 4-5 of them?

14. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

At least we don't tape people to goal posts and shave their heads.

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Worse things have happened tbh. There's a difference between people saying that you're being stupid constructively and being a dick. The former is appreciated. Eayze's post was the former.

16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I see Ferraris all the time around here, not sure if there are any F50's in the hood though. They aren't as common as Leafs and Teslas, but you know, we're a bunch of Wobblies out this way...

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

I think this is a great idea, but I have a really hard time remembering what I found myself, much less what everybody else found. Is there a way we can make nominations based on what people remember as exceptional hauls and then a final vote? Or is that to much work?

1 person likes this.
  18. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I think that nominations and a vote would be the best way to go. I could probably help out some. I nominate Wes to take the lead on this. Do I hear a second?

19. gerbilunit

gerbilunit Senior member

I also remember there being a thrift find of the year thread somewhere. that was pretty fun to read back through before i was actively a member.

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Holy shit that was awesome. Thanks.

The blazers were all 8 bucks and the pants were all 6. So 8 bucks for that cashmere blazer that I will wear will be fine.

I can pick up the aquascutum and bb khaki blazer if you think it's worthwhile.

I did get a few (okay most) of those things, but the GW here has a really generous return policy so I can return the stuff I'm not planning on keeping for store credit. Which is fine since I'll probably use most of it over the next year or so.

I really appreciate your taking the time to do that.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.