1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

[​IMG]

2. Sprezziamo

Sprezziamo Senior member

I heard about a new outlet store, with 40-80% discounts. I went there and there were about ten 46 (US36) SC. Six were horrible D&G/Armani fused. One was an awesome (but, being only at a 40% discount still too expensive) Borrelli. The other three...well, you can judge them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Like I said... There's a reason I didn't get them. It was a dry day, but it happens.

The benetton jacket was good. They don't have a good rep in the US because they're about gap level here, but their better stuff is really good.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

gahd damn dude, you thrifted Chanel.

1 person likes this.
  5. tben

tben Senior member

Just curious, what made it good?

6. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

They look kinda like some horribly dated Chanel I picked up last year that bombed terribly on eBay. But then again, the stuff I picked up wasn't black so that probably hurt my auctions too :(

Those three SC you picked up :drool:

7. freshnewbeats

freshnewbeats Active Member

Definitely women's. Look at the shaping of the bust area. Also, buttons on wrong side.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Found myself a nice pair of suede Allen Edmonds. Schautel model snuff suede...

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

So it looks like you're trying to set me up in a way to show me up, in any event, I'll bite.

I grew up in India and my mom worked for them for a long time. In fact, one of her bosses there was the reason we were even able to move to the US so they have a soft spot in my heart.

It looked like one of their older pieces and the wool feel was good. The color is versatile and would work well in an outfit for work or for going out. It's also one of their made in italy pieces which means it's higher up in a recent line, an earlier model, or both.

I've owned a lot of their clothes growing up and they've all lasted well. I still wear polo's that I have from them that were hand me downs from my father. So they're over a decade old. I have a sweater jacket from them which is a piece I've never seen from anywhere else (not that I've looked hard), but that thing got beat up through high school and college for me with beer spills and frat parties and a trip to the cleaners later I can wear it to work and not feel stupid. So it's going on 8 NE winters now.

I wouldn't buy it to flip it because I know there's no market for it stateside, but I grabbed a picture to send to my mom to see if it fit her. If it fit her or my sister or a friend (I was at GW with two girls), then I would have grabbed it. This is the same distinction between some of the tiers of RL where you buy it if it looks good and fits you but not if you want to flip it.

There you have it. Happy?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. tben

tben Senior member

Uh, wow man, calm down. I was genuinely curious what made it good. And honestly, if snippy is what you are interested, no, I am not happy. You didn't answer my question at all. I have a hanes t from my fathers bachelor party from 1984 that has been passed on and I still wear, but I wouldn't call it a quality t-shirt. I appreciate your story however.

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa..... :wow:
    You know, I've come across a total of 3 Eric Glennie ties in my local thrifts. People actually buy them (these were obviously worn). He is based in Minnesota too, not too far from where the stores I frequent are.
    :slayer: This is a crazy find, partially because the collab is so recent. I recently e-thrifted a NWOT Oatmeal zip-up hoodie from this collab and it is one of my favorite pieces. If I wasn't so damn broke I would have already bought several of the t-shirts that I've been eyeing on the website.
    I thrifted these same trousers a year or two ago. Love them! Really dig the suspender buttons too. Today was the worst day I've had in a long while. 10 stores and nothing. Not a single thing worth buying. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.....

13. tben

tben Senior member

I start fires? [​IMG]...apparently..inadvertently...

They are odd pants, but they are awesome. I wish they were my size.

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Regarding the Bennetton stuff, this is my off white, cotton, Italian made, Bennetton suit that I found a year or so ago. I love the fit and the feel of the fabric. It got slightly rained on at this outdoor wedding but never looked soggy and dried out in minutes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last week I picked up a pair of black, button fly, made in China Bennetton small wale, flat front cords but I left the tan pair hanging next to them since I have so many in tan already. After wearing them once, I deeply regret leaving the second pair.
    :(

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

BTW...I don't always keep up on the Ebay links posted here so sorry if this is a repost. Are any of the 20 followers from here? Too large for me.

1 person likes this.
  16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I dunno but he lives in Wes hood.

17. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

More like Brian's hood.

18. SpooPoker

Whoops. Jack tonight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wait....how did this get in here.....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Damn, I'm farther away and I will get it to you faster for cheaper. [​IMG]

You crack that bottle yet? I'm still waiting to try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.