1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

passed on a lanvin tie last night...was hideously ugly two-tone blue pattern. very slightly stained...

good pass?

2. DanM

DanM Senior member

99.9999999999% of the time, Lanvin is a pass.

3. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Interesting read, and I think you're right. Beyond that, most everyone on this thread knows that GW screws up on daily basis. That's how we get vicuna and the like for pennies on the dollar when it could fetch a lot more if sold online. I once found a pair of candlesticks with swastika bases on shopgoodwill.com. I got in touch with the GW in question, voiced my concern and was told by the nimwit in charge of online sales that it was perfectly OK to sell swastikas because they're part of history. I followed up with a member of the chapter's board who took care of it by canceling the sale (by then, someone had bought the candlesticks). The board member was a super nice fellow and said, candidly, that you can't expect good judgment from folks who get paid what GW pays. Exactly right.

If there is a story here, it's that the cops were so careless with personnel files that they ended up at GW--that's where the focus should have been, with the obvious question being, if they are that careless with their own stuff, how can you trust them to protect documents that contain sensitive information about crime victims, witnesses, etc.? But, end of day, the sad part, really, of this so-called expose is that alleged journalists spent so much time on a silly story like this when more serious things go uncovered.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  4. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

If you guys find any tiny dapper threads in your conquests, keep me in mind. I just found out we're having a boy in March.

And on the way out of the appointment, we met the president of the Braves. I almost told him that he'd be seeing us again soon.

I'm going to start reading baseball instruction manuals to my wife's belly.

10 people like this.
  5. JL3212

JL3212 Senior member

Congrats!

6. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

My first pair of tiger shark shoes. AE Nassau's in really good condition. Complete with Tassels on the Shoe Laces. They go up tonight.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

pnutplug,
    you never thought that they were bhuddist candles?? that the germans thought the ultimate race was from tibet, which would make the ultimate race "ASIAN" ???? so they adopted the symbolism from tibetan scripture?
    why would you complain about bhuddist symbols on candles? wtf??? grow up man. history is old. candles are nice. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

This...

When I was in Nepal back in the day, swastikas were all over things in gift shops. The symbol is far older than the 1930s.

9. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Yep...a friend of mine did a "History of the Swastika" years ago for EXIT magazine which later ended up in the aforementioned book I put out. From pre-runic rocks glyphs found in Germany dating to 2000 BC thru skinheads of the 1990's and points between. Must be online someplace - dude's name is Robert N. Taylor; title of the piece is The Swastika, Sacred and Profane.

10. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

I know. If only George Clooney's stylist tossed George's old threads at the Brockville, Ontario, Canada Salvation Army things would change, though.

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

12. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Synergy

[​IMG]

EDIT: Never mind. Burn test indicates they are faux fur.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  14. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

15. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

This is the first time I can say that I agree with Pnutpug :satisfied:

If you are dumb enough to just give away your SS #, Checking #, and Signature then you deserve whatever happens to you.

17. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

ugh these things disgust me

18. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

Congrats!!!!

19. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Congratulations!

20. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Thread Status: