• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This should be a new thread contest

CHALLENGE. ACCEPTED.

Latest "haul"...
And a pair of shoes I'm sure are solid Ebay fodder. Romano Martegani double monk straps (11 wide).

:inlove: Double monks in a thrift? Rarer than boots.

1 store today. A wool square (with machine sewn edges. I won't tell if you don't). Currently de-mothifying in the freezer.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed my day today. DEFINITELY overspent. I went to stores where I was forced to pay 3x more than usual, but I think I came out with some killer stuff. It is all available, but I am in deep. So, that means, to those of you who I am in trade talks with, lets get that done quick because Thursday listings are coming.

First find with a story. I am in a consignment shop and looking for obviously extraordinary things that I can't find in thrifts. So I feel something that is quite amazing, pull it out, and bang Kiton...but not just any Kiton. I take it to the register despite the $88 price tag because I want this bad boy right? So the lady at the register is like, oh you stumbled across the Burberry suits, that were priced at $150-250. And I say no, just this. And she says, well Neiman Marcus is still a good brand right? 14 Micron, Super 180s, $9000 retail. Boom.

Kiton 39R 32"x31" cuff 2"

Donna Karan by St. Andrews Cashmere Blend Blue Blazer 40S

Donegal Handwoven Tweed 42L
The sleeves have no buttons on them but it looks like the buttons were once there, they are in the pocket.

RLPL Pinstripe SC 44L
Yeah yeah, it's an orphan, but its pretty cool. Who makes the Made in England again?

Paul Stuart Khaki SC 42S
It has a small mark on the top left sleeve.

PRL Corneliani Brown Herringbone Pants 34x32 1.75" cuff
Wes, didn't you just sell a pair like this for a crazy amount?

Enrico Isaia by Isaia Black 3 roll 2 Blazer 39-40R

Belvest 41-42R
I missed two holes on this one. I am pissed about it because I paid up due to its awesomeness. I hate dim lights.

Allegri Longcoat, Medium
Cracked button, but there are extras

BB Hand-tailored by Martin Greenfield Windowpane 100% Cashmere SC 44R

Vestimenta Silk and Linen SC 39-40R

x2 Hamilton Shirts 16.5

Thomas Pink Linen 15.5-35

Mason's Size Large

Oxxford AWESOME Suit, Brown Windowpane, 40S 34-35x28 cuff1.75

Oxxford Brown SC 40s

Oxxford AWESOME Suit, 40S 34-35x28.5

Chester Barrie Tweed Topcoat Size 40R
What is this a car coat?

Chester Barrie Tweed Topcoat 40R

NWT Jack Spade, XS

NWT John Varvatos Jeans 30x33

NWT Billy Reid Wool/Silk Tie

NWT Jack Spade Wallet

RLPL John Lennon Sunglasses

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed my day today. DEFINITELY overspent. I went to stores where I was forced to pay 3x more than usual, but I think I came out with some killer stuff. It is all available, but I am in deep. So, that means, to those of you who I am in trade talks with, lets get that done quick because Thursday listings are coming.

First find with a story. I am in a consignment shop and looking for obviously extraordinary things that I can't find in thrifts. So I feel something that is quite amazing, pull it out, and bang Kiton...but not just any Kiton. I take it to the register despite the $88 price tag because I want this bad boy right? So the lady at the register is like, oh you stumbled across the Burberry suits, that were priced at $150-250. And I say no, just this. And she says, well Neiman Marcus is still a good brand right? 14 Micron, Super 180s, $9000 retail. Boom.

Kiton 39R 32"x31" cuff 2"

That thing feels like the stuff of ******* dreams, doesn't it? That's just like the one I found last year. Still hands down the most incredible feeling wool I've ever handled. 'Grats.

RLPL Pinstripe SC 44L
Yeah yeah, it's an orphan, but its pretty cool. Who makes the Made in England again?

Chester Barrie

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Discount store finds as of late

RG

True Religion

Just some ties...

They had quite a few more isaia, but kind of expensive so wanted to test the water with these first. Also had a (wool?) kiton that I probably should have grabbed but money is tight at the moment.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
inlove.gif
Double monks in a thrift? Rarer than boots.

That moment when you say to yourself, "Please let those be my size!!"

My thoughts when I first saw it... I don't know much about the brand, but it appears to be fairly well regarded.

JackAndy

Reaction score
It says "Welcome to Banf" and has the distasteful rising sun flag. Just don't let your son wear that in Japan.
Does anyone recognize this print? I thrifted this shirt for my son. The tag was cut out and there's no info anywhere on the t-shirt.
He keeping it because he thinks it's hilarious but I'm really just wondering what the writing says.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
so as promised, here are some pics of my finds from the weekend.

Brioni 90% wool/10% cashmere recent sport coat. tagged 42l 3 button (may be 3/2) side vented

SICK dunhill sport coat, seems to be a 42r. 2 button side vented

NWT PRL pink linen size 44r

Brooks brothers sport coats. solid color one is a chocolate color and is cotton i believe, 3/2 side vent, pick stitching tagged L seems about a 40r.
check pattern is tagged 41r. 3 btn or 3/2 side vented. 85% wool 15% cashmere with suede elbow patches. both are ******* MINT.

bitchin medium blue striped canali super 120s suit, 3 button side vented flat front pants without cuffs. tagged euro 54L so like a us 42L. also near mint

couple skeet blankets both XL

NWT PRL custom fit Not available

nice pre 2010 borelli, size 16L. color is a LIGHT purple

dope ass eton shirt not available

is this the Dior im looking for? Seriously i have no idea.....:(....if fake i will give to my coworker with the initials CD lol

NWT PRL Italy pocket square, recent zegna, charvet, andrew's ties

5X NWT Drakes for Emma Willis 100% Cashmere ties. 2 blues are spoken for, rest available.

JackAndy

Reaction score
It says "Welcome to Banf" and has the distasteful rising sun flag. Just don't let your son wear that in Japan.
Does anyone recognize this print? I thrifted this shirt for my son. The tag was cut out and there's no info anywhere on the t-shirt.
He keeping it because he thinks it's hilarious but I'm really just wondering what the writing says.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
and since Ive never done this here are some thrift/discount store fit pics. excuse my lady friend's NASTY mirror lol. also this was at the end of the day so may not be as crisp looking as it did in the AM lol

sport coat recent zegna 15 mil 15 kopped from this thread
shirt eton
pocket square Etro outlet $25
tie izod wool blend from marshalls (2 dollars)
pants brooks brothers flannel (bought for $40 @ the brooks brothers outlet
shoes magnanni bought at neiman marcus outlet a couple years ago.
boxer briefs and socks.....target

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads