1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I just wanted to share a couple of things. I haven't been able to go out for the past couple of weeks, but I managed about 20 minutes today.

First:

We don't have TJ/TK Maxx here. The nearest is, I believe, in Munich. We certainly don't have Marshalls. That makes that a strange sight!

[​IMG]

Second:

Does anyone have a wife/girlfriend that would like a rabbit fur vest? This thing is awesome, but pricey. It is an EU size 38 and the fur looked to be mint. It's a vintage piece from one of the local fur places. Assuming my wife won't want it (she probably won't), I'd be happy to proxy. It is, however, €68. Someone out there has to want it, even for that price! Since it's a long weekend, I'm going away until Sunday night. I'm sure it will be there Monday.

[​IMG]

2. HansderHund

2013 Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Update

Keep in mind the timeline! If you're sending your gift internationally, please have it sent by December 1st! I believe some people have already sent their gifts or will be doing so soon. That's fine. If you receive yours and want to open it, that's also fine.

Here is the original timeline:
    Timeline:
    Submit your name, address, and any preferences (i.e. no ties, specific colors, sizes, etc.) by October 1st, 2013.

Names will be drawn by October 4th, 2013.

Gifts shipped domestically must be sent between November 30th and December 6th, 2013. Gifts shipped internationally must be shipped by December 1st.

Gifts photographed and posted between December 9th and December 16th.

In the original post, I also wrote the following about photographing/posting photos:

Not many could honestly resist opening their gift, so you may do as you please this year. You must post photos of your gift. However, PLEASE ONLY POST PHOTOS DURING THE TIMES LISTED (December 9-16th). This way, they will all be posted near one another. Last year, some of the posts that included a “thanks” and photos of the gift got lost in the shuffle. Therefore, there will be a standard way of posting them. Please use this format in a single post (no other posts/info/quotes/etc.). That way, I will be able to do a multi-quote of all of the gift exchange posts at the end of the week.

I ask that everyone use the same format. It will make it far easier on myself when I compile/multi-quote them. The next post has an example and instructions of the preferred format. I will probably re-post it weekly in order to remind everyone.

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

Everybody, block this asshat from your ebay accounts:
    buyer.usa

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. HansderHund

Thrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013

[​IMG]

Your message and additional photos here.

1. Title your post "Thrift thread Gift Exchange 2013" and use huge/size 6 font with bold. You can center it if you like.

2. Add 1 unspoilered photo. You are free to add however many photos that you like, but please have only one photo unspoilered!

3. Within the spoiler, you may add a message of thanks/you're awesome/who was it/whatever.

It's simple to do, but it will make it easy on me to identify all of the relevant posts. That way, we will have one post of 20+ gifts to see what everyone received.

5. HansderHund

Consider it done.

Really sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I can't believe they suspended you. I hope you're able to get it sorted and back on track.

1 person likes this.
  6. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

X2

7. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Got inspired and made 3 stops last night with a whole lot of nothing. Grabbed a (rather slim) medium Pendleton and XL blackwatch Pendleton, both not super vintage but USA made. I'll post if anyone is interested in either.

8. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

9. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

If I'm not mistaken, those are the type worn by military nuclear reactor inspectors during the Cold War. If they were hung next to a Willis and Geiger garment, you might hear a clicking sound...

3 people like this.
  10. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I wouldn't recommend it, but one way to pay for a wedding is get in a motorcycle wreck where it's the other guy's fault. Worked for me...

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

PM being prepared.

13. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Love to see the blackwatch.

14. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Someone tell me what British isle collection is?
    Not much info was it good?
    They are pretty expensive for shoes that are no longer in business

15. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

Ahhhh the XL is right but I need a 44 or 46. I wishhhhh. This seller is a great find though!

Anyone run across any outerwear, sweaters, or shoes for giants lately!?

16. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

PSA

I bought this LBCS suit but unfortunately there is wear around the jacket cuffs making lengthening them by my 1/2 not an option. If anyone wants it I'm happy to pass it along at my costs, it's a phenomenal suit.

17. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

What paypal was associated with the account?:hide:

18. eazye

eazye Senior member

19. inchture14

inchture14 Member

[​IMG]I found this tie but I can't seem to find much about the make, unless it is charles tywhirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.