• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie

Reaction score

I've been lurking here about a year. I figure it's about time for me to make my first post. These are my favorite finds that fit me from the past few weeks. Cucinelli shirt Black velvet blazer
I believe this is a Belvest tag. Can anyone confirm or deny?
A pair of nice Aris hangers. Top to bottom: Borrelli, Barbera, Belvest Peak lapel tuxedo. Unvented. Looks to be in mint condition.
Brioni. Certainly a grail find for me in my size.
So, this should be what a first poster should be doing, lurking, learning what is crap and what is nice, then posting what should be posted...not licensed crap, not "Lauren" Polo, etc. Great pickups and glad the thread has helped you figure out what's worth picking up and what to pass!

amquarles

Reaction score
pretty sure I saw a pair of aldens size 13 for 10 dollars
at goodwill...

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WHAT CAN I SAY

Eddie,

I know you do this full time but that does NOT take away from the most amazing discounted haul I have EVER seen in my life. I thought you got around 10 items or so but as I kept scrolling down my mouth continued to drop. Everything was f*n amazing!

The TB cardigans, the TF everything, the scarves, the Lanvin shoes. My f*n goodness.

Hands down. Most amazing hau!!

Congrats man

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait. APC is good?? I pass that stuff up all the time.

Well, they are known for making decent selvedge denim. Some would call their stuff intro to selvedge. Nice stuff.

That means you should want to get rid of more than just what you posted. Let us help you clear those closets!

Hey, that sure is a nice haul! /slowplay

By the way, there will inevitably be some people here that don't recognize all the brands, and thus aren't sure if everything you posted truly is esophagus-shittingly awesome. To those people, I say: Yes.

Noice. Although for my money Jose Canseco would be more topical these days. Or 'Rod' Ford.

So... through various channels (thanks, Spoo!) I got a message the other day from one frenchy, letting me know that he'd left a pair of Wings + Horns hi-tops at a nearby thrift.

This makes for a difficult choice. On the one hand, hey, W+H shoes. Sweet. On the other hand, if frenchy has been through here recently, there's probably no point in checking anything else. If those shoes are gone too, the whole trip is bust

Well, I decided to go anyway. The shoes were gone. But I did get some middling stuff that just happens to fit me perfectly.

BB ESF OCBD, BB ESF BD, T&A tie, NWT Club Monaco OCBD

Then, picked up this suit today. Not sure whether to keep (for a flip) or return. Can anyone advise?

On the one hand...

Kinda dated lapels...

Imperfection on the chest, more noticeable from farther away...

Unvented and ewwstained...

Double pleated pants...

Few imperfections that could probably be razored off.

On the other...

So, what to do?

Easy, flip on the bay and get $$$!

Question for you guys: I saw a genuine croc belt Saturday but passed because the goldtone buckle was dated and ugly in style. Is real gator/croc always a guaranteed flip, or was it a good pass?

I would cop if the price is right.

Was the buckle removable?

+1

Is this the label I'm looking for?

Diffusion. I think Brian was able to successfully flip them.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutouts to shadesofbeige for an awesome trade for some NWT West is Dead selvedge jeans!

I thought ok NWT...I've seen NWT, with one or two tags but gaddamn! It is brand spanking new!!!!!!!! What a awesome guy!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sn0wman

Reaction score
I liked the coat and color even before I knew it was Kiton! Nice find!

Chet - great haul, best of the year so far perchance?

Found this boring old navy blazer this weekend:

Wait a minute...

In

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Diffusion. I think Brian was able to successfully flip them.

Hmm, I guess I did only recently learn what selvedge actually looks like...

I almost picked up a pair of vintage selvedge a week or two ago. I passed because they were overalls. Later, I looked on Ebay, and found Big Mac overalls selling for nearly $300. Can't skip stuff like that anymore without researching!!

I will attempt to flip the R&G. We'll see what happens.

I also picked up a few sellable ties (two BB Makers and one Coach).

sn0wman

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but it was one of my last posts as a newbie. Ended up showing up about 5 pages into the history almost a day later. :)

Anyone recognize the maker of this tag ? Made in Italy for Brooks Brothers.
Thanks!

I went through the thread of Italian labels but didn't see this one. Anyone know who made this for Brooks Brothers? Guessing around 2004-2006, but that's only a guess.

Thanks!

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ย Hmm, I guess I did only recently learn what selvedge actually looks like...

ย I almost picked up a pair of vintage selvedge a week or two ago. I passed because they were overalls. Later, I looked on Ebay, and found Big Mac overalls selling for nearly $300. Can't skip stuff like that anymore without researching!!

ย I will attempt to flip the R&G. We'll see what happens.

ย I also picked up a few sellable ties (two BB Makers and one Coach).

I would pick up all APC, jeans or otherwise (except for madras by apc, that's their diffusion line) They aren't necessarily the top of the line stuff but they are a very popular brand. No matter what it is you won't have a problem selling it. (and if it's mediumish range let me know ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads