• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just thrifted this same shirt a few days ago.
I was wondering when you were going to check in. Good for you Dig! :slayer:

That show is silly!

Are you getting picked up for a second season? :happy:

Did anyone watch Lilyhammer on netflix? Another excellent series, and with Steven Van Zandt too.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just thrifted this same shirt a few days ago.
I was wondering when you were going to check in. Good for you Dig! :slayer:

Are you getting picked up for a second season? :happy:

Did anyone watch Lilyhammer on netflix? Another excellent series, and with Steven Van Zandt too.

That show is silly!

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm or deny authenticity? I believe I read Gucci

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
In the trenches now. Anyone think net old stock Gant and Sero shirts would flip? Most have plastic collar still. Some have the collar where you use a pin and have pin included.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
^ ranging from $7-$10 net old stock that is. Also some BB made in USA but I know I'm grabbing those

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Gant yes, depending on the age.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
for those who prefer to acquire their straw hats in winter, I just picked up a pair of NWT PRL seersucker pants, WHT/BLU 32-30 cuffed. PM me if need, happy as always to proxy no mark, you all know what they look like.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about Charvet? I think their quality is up there with the big boys, too.

Charvet is damn nice stuff, though I have never been a fan of their thin MOP buttons, but I know some who prefer those. Very little hand sewing. Their fabrics are amazing, though. I think each maker has their pros and cons. Charvet is definitely up there in the rankings, though.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed on their fabrics. Still the softest shirts I've ever handled, topping all of the above as far as fabric softness/handfeel goes (Kiton, Truzzi, Fray, Borrelli). Also agreed on the non-fabric criticisms.

Charvet is damn nice stuff, though I have never been a fan of their thin MOP buttons, but I know some who prefer those. Very little hand sewing. Their fabrics are amazing, though. I think each maker has their pros and cons. Charvet is definitely up there in the rankings, though.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: shirt quality:

The couple of Finamore shirts I've handled have been incredible. The Kiton for Oxxford shirt I found is similarly impressive, though I lost the hand-felled seams when I had the shirt taken in.

Last edited:

amadar

Reaction score
In regard to top shirt quality - I have to throw Sartoria Partenopea in there as it has not yet been mentioned. Handwork and fabrics up there with Kiton, with a more consistent neapolitan (trim) fit. DISCLAIMER: I am selling these things, but I wouldn't be nearly as qualified to make this statement if I had not handled these shirts - they are fairly rare and under the radar (especially in the US).

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, can't forget Loro Piana shirts. Their MOP buttons are awesomely thick like Fray's/Borrelli's, and their fabrics are amazing as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads