1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COtoKS

COtoKS Senior member

Got damn that jacket [​IMG]

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

^ This is brilliant! I've been thinking about something similar for the past 6 or so months and then saw a custom job from Luxire that I thought about replicating. This is definitely cool!

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

After work fit pic. I brought out my winter white's for the first time this season. Everything about this photo is a bit sloppy, it was after the work day. I also got rid of a stray cord on the ground which makes it appear as though I'm plugged into the wall. New twist on the "robo pose."

Shout out (really, is that one word??) to Spoo for the tie!

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Quick Thrift pic
    [​IMG]
    Tweed - Norman Hilton thrifted by me
    Shirt - Brooks Bros thrifted by me
    Jeans- J. Brand on Rack Clearance
    Pocket Square - Santorelli on Rack Clearance

4 people like this.
  5. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

That Norman Hilton is great.

1 person likes this.
  6. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

really not into the wash on the jeans, or the jacket with the jeans, but could just be me.

nice jacket and ps though.

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

+1. This outfit would be rocking with some slim, raw denims.

If you're ever in St. Paul, check out Black & Blue off Selby & Dale. Awesome selection of quality denim (Raleigh, Tellason, Imogene + Willie, Baldwin, etc), and you can try out different models and such. Beats taking a shot in the dark online.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Damn Eazy nice fits, You look like you should be a Professor at a University.
    Fucking awesome Jackets!

9. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

+1 all of those are killer.

10. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

I hear ya, but for my tweed and casual jackets I've never been a fan of raw denim pairings. For whatever reason I like those kinds of jackets with the faded jeans

I'm quirky like that.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  11. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Dammit. I found that tag but didn't grab it because it was Taiwanese. Bad choice? It was a leather jacket that the store wanted $25 for it.

My brother texted me and said there was a rummage sale at a church a few blocks away. He said, "Nick! There are clothes here! You're gonna score big!" because he likes to make fun of my hobbies. The clothes there really sucked. But I found someone's collection of belts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grabbed this on the way out because it said Neiman Marcus. Doesn't look like it's worth all that much, but I'll find someone to give it to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Is a good Balmain, or no is a good Balmain? Grabbed from GW at lunch, NWOT (dual rear vents and pockets are all still basted shut, spare buttons and thread included). Apparently Italian maker label but doesn't look familiar. No mention of country of manufacture anywhere. Aaaand no idea what 65%T / 35%R fabric content might be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

The Thrift Gods are angry with me, gentlemen. I am considering a human sacrifice.

(Truth be told, I'm very busy and some of the thrill has gone out. Perhaps absence/abstinence is the best medicine...)

14. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

15. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

I believe we must have somehow run afoul of the Gods with our recent trade because my usual haunts aren't giving up the goods either. I've had to resort to e-thrifting. I did however pick up a nice, recent Burberry jacket w/ a removable vest liner from craigslist and a pair of full strap Aldens in shell, that weren't listed as such, from the bay. Just been too downtrodden/lazy to post anything recently.

16. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

if anyone wants a coupon to my site, pm me.

gonna try to get some thrift pics up soon as well.

17. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

found a nice cashmere sweater but i'm unsure about the label...tried to research but couldn't find anything...is this label associated with Johnstons of Elgin?

[​IMG]

18. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

It's not just you. Proportions look kinda off too, although that could be the angle I suppose.

I'd be inclined to say good Balmain, but someone who knows more should weigh in. Also, there is no 'good' Balmain. Only crap Balmain and oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-sell-this-and-be-rich Balmain.

19. Duke63

Duke63 Senior member

Would the T be triacetate?

20. concealed

concealed Senior member

random recent finds
    [​IMG]

L to R top row: RRL, Filson Moleskin, Ibex VT Polo, Lululemon shorts
    2nd row: PS 100% linen (dibsed) Paul Stuart made by Lorenzini, borelli, maroon Zegna sport L/S polo hidden
    3rd: J.Mclaughlin, Lorenzini (Current label?), Patagonia Polo, Burb Polo
    Bottom: Eton, tasteful (egh) RG

[​IMG]
    Marmot Jacket and Pearl Izumi 3x1 NWOT jacket
    piled in the top is a hugo boss polo, vtg made in scotland BB shetland sweater, andover shop cotton tie, brooks brothers braces, and the kiton i e-thrifted

some slightly better pics of that vtg Brooks overcoat. Suede details on top of collar make it a Chesterfield? 3/2 Roll. Probably ways 20 lbs haha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of this stuff is probably going to go into storage for now as I have no time/motivation to sell. If anyones interested in anything just holla at your boy for sizes/info.

BAD TRADER WARNING:
    STHENOSALL (KRIS from Virginia) - Sent him his item like a month ago, hasn't sent me anything, hasn't logged into SF in 2 weeks. It was a small trade, but still douchey. Beware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.