• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blamm

Reaction score
Alden black suede "Bootmaker Edition" - size 11 - AVAILABLE (edit - no longer available)... too big for me, but couldn't pass on these... look almost new (smell like mothballs - full disclosure)... hit me on PM if interested in trade

- looking for equitable trade
- size 9.5 or 10D brown dress shoe or boot
- 40R jacket, coat, overcoat (with long arms... 35 in dress shirt)

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clockwise from the top-

Crombie Overcoat- this sucker is sweet. Subtle herringbone pattern, velvet collar.
snork[1].gif
worship.gif
drool.gif
loooove Crombie, their stuff is really underrated. wear mine almost every day, hope yours fits. could wear that into retirement.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Found this a few days ago.

Not shown- Dual vent with internal belt across the tail.

Needs a good cleaning but overall maybe worth a flip attempt?

DeadBoy

Reaction score
FYI - some great prices on Gloverall duffle coats on the Gilt outerwear sale right now. Just scooped up two.

Oh, my poor wallet.

jcb9

Reaction score
Like I said, not trying to bash it. Just don't expect sf mainline dollars. Still a good find.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of thrift fits. Here's mine from today.

Please excuse the crappy camera courtesy of Blackberry, and the flash.

SC: Huntsman bespoke (dual vent, btw), freaking killer trade from Sully, with MOP buttons taken from a PRL orphan I picked up,
Shirt: Faconnable (hard to see, but powder blue glenplaid with dark blue overcheck), thrifted by me
No tie (*gasp*) because it was forbidden at the meeting
PS: Italian handrolled silk, unknown origin, thrifted by me (I think)
Trou: Kilgour French & Stanbury, thrifted by me
Socks: Pantharella, TJX'd by me
Shoes: AE Bradleys, traded here

I was asked by one of my co-workers where the yacht was moored.

Last edited:

amadar

Reaction score
Big shout-out to NATAKU. There was a very small delay shipping a pair of pants he kindly passed on to me, so he included a killer LP shirt as well :slayer:

Last edited:

Greg613

Reaction score

Anybody have a line on Olympic delegate badges? I found a blazer with a 96 Atlanta patch from the Denmark delegation. Probably not worth anything, but it was cool to see.

Also, air force uniform from 1962?

Not sure if it is the same one, but I also came across a coat with an Olympic delegate badge on it a while back in SS.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some cool stuff today. Mostly for me, but if you're interested in something let me know.

I don't always buy Burberry, but when I do it's a recent waxed cotton and leather coat w/ real horn buttons.

West is Dead chinos

Dockers K1 Chinos

Awesome 70's custom Hawaiian shirt. Can't wait for the warm weather to come so I can rock this.

Wings + Horns crewneck sweatshirt

Vintage Woolrich wool shirt

Killer 40's McGregor wool shirt. Side gussets. Horn Buttons. Pure awesome. Headed to the cleaners tomorrow for a pressing. Looks like it's been rumpled up for the past 30 years.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
She just sat there and scowled at me, as if I was a jerk for being in her way. Like it was my fault for standing there.

I kept my cool, didn't react to the fact that she'd just nearly ruined a $600 pair of shoes (that I bought new, at retail, because I just got sick of waiting to find a pair in a thrift)

Lesson learned.

I will

1) NEVER PAY RETAIL AGAIN

2) Keep a change of shoes in the car for stops like this

3) Remove tie bars, ties, cufflinks, watches etc before getting elbow deep in a rack full of pee stained clothes

BTW- if anybody happens to come across a Georg Jenson tie bar in an Austin area Goodwill, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Ouch. I feel you man, that's rough. That's part of the reason why I thrift in my beat up old jacket, t-shirts, light wash jeans and sneakers.

You did better than I would have. I would have had a Frenchy moment and gone Rascal tipping.
I probably would have flipped **** on the ***** as well. But I'd find it a bit weird yelling "YOU RUINED MY $600 SHOES!" at a thrift store.

EDIT - To praise Nataku's awesome haul! Mega thumbs up man!

Last edited:

GM-H

Reaction score

Speaking of thrift fits. Here's mine from today.

Please excuse the crappy camera courtesy of Blackberry, and the flash.

SC: Huntsman bespoke (dual vent, btw), freaking killer trade from Sully, with MOP buttons taken from a PRL orphan I picked up,
Shirt: Faconnable (hard to see, but powder blue glenplaid with dark blue overcheck), thrifted by me
No tie (*gasp*) because it was forbidden at the meeting
PS: Italian handrolled silk, unknown origin, thrifted by me (I think)
Trou: Kilgour French & Stanbury, thrifted by me
Socks: Pantharella, TJX'd by me
Shoes: AE Bradleys, traded here

I was asked by one of my co-workers where the yacht was moored.

That SC is DOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads