1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

2. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Aaaaaaaaaand they're mine. PM incoming.

3. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, look to be shell from here. Last pair of those I had sold for $425

5. catside

catside Senior member

Gray, solid suit always works, brogued dress shoes and striped shirt in blue white tones sporty it up in case they are more casual. Don't go too crazy with the tie, bordeaux grenadine, finally no pocket square.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Now, pretend you have only one suit...and it is a blue birdseye. [​IMG]

7. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Good chance I'll be in the area tomorrow, how about you just shoot me the store address and I'll pick up your scraps :D

EDIT: Based on the tile, racks and cart...I'm 99% sure i know where lol...I won't be that far over, so you're safe.

8. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Go with the UPscale denim approach.
    wearing dark bootcut denims, matching shoes and belt (Brown), a nice shirt, and the most Badass tweed/ S.C that you can make work with the rest of the fit. if you can, do the pocket square, just to show you care a little for the fit. now look at the fit in a mirror, and try to put a tie on. a contrasting one usually works.

have fun at dinner, not worrying about spilling a drink on your pants. [​IMG]

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Noooo....shoes are gross, you want a new suit instead!

10. catside

catside Senior member

Who has a single suit which is blue birdseye? Man! Then pull one of the blazers in your listings and go with yacht club / security officer look. A navy blazer is a man's little black dress. Fits every occasion.

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I would but....

[​IMG]

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

How's the weather? I'm assuming a bit chilly? I would rock grey odd trousers, whatever shirt you got, brown shoes, sport coat, if you want, rock a tie, if not no biggie. If all fails, rock a 2 piece, as long as the fit is good.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It's always hot to me. lol. Unseasonably warm this weekend I think though. Looks like I will be wearing the suit. I have exactly one tweed that fits and I would definitely be too hot in that. Don't think I could get away with not wearing a jacket though. Man, I suck at this. I should spend a little time here and there working on keeping a few things for times like this.

14. landscapes

landscapes Well-Known Member

Not my style at all and maybe its just my Scandinavian heritage speaking but I love this.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

On the positive side. I will actually be able to wear shoes to dinner. Today I wore shoes and took normal steps for the first time since sept 13th. Felt really good.

16. eazye

eazye Senior member

Please for the love of god, no bootcut denim with a SC, no offense size 38R. Do the suit, light blue or white shirt, dark knit or grenadine and some dark brown shell wingtips if you've got them. Possibly a pocket square, but one wrong move in that department could throw the whole outfit.

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

Also, Jesus Christ there's a lot of win on this page!!!!!

18. Harvitz81

Harvitz81 Senior member

Made a quick stop at the goodwill near my apartment on the way home from work today.

Only had 20 minutes before they closed, but walked away with these:

Hugo Boss Suit 40R -
    Had to go digging for the pants, but found them quick enough. Bonus I think when these are separate as you don't pay suit price and both were on 20% discount. Then again - always sucks to find an orphan with no matching after spending time digging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually spent about 3-4 minutes on these Hugo Boss pants first trying to match them up to the jacket above. Ever so lighter shade of gray and I was a little disappointed until I looked next to them on the rack and found the above matching pants for the suit.

[​IMG]

And last - there were 2 Harris tweeds, but one of them full of moth holes. This one though was nice and clean. Probably about a 40R as its too small for me as well. Must be Harris Tweed donating season cause that is 3 in the past week for me - though all too small and available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left two pairs of Mezlans that were $10 each and in decent shape. Might head back tomorrow and grab them after looking at completed auctions to see if they are worth it.

Definitely want to head back though as in the 20 minutes I was there it looked like no one had really hit up this place yet.

19. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Perfect.

20. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

Pretty sure this is the Woolrich I'm looking for... anyone feel like going polar bear wrestling?

Size small, I believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.