• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcb9

Reaction score
Just picked up what I'm pretty sure is a piece of luggage made out of elephant. Dated 1926, with the OG key! I've never handled the stuff before so if anybody can confirm or deny this, I'd be really grateful.

Edit: It was also made in my hometown.
nod[1].gif

Looks like Snuffleupagus to me.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2nd thrift fit EVER. Was going for a EazyE look the other day w/ my new RRL tweed jacket. I know Sleeves are waaay too long, but its going to the tailor soon, I haven't had a piece of clothing i've wanted to wear this badly for a long time though, so *******! Pants have a subtle salmon-ish check to them that doesn't come across well in pics. Also, for everyone who didn't see my last pic, IM WHITE! Suprise! (i guess, i didn't realize that was the public perception of me till last time LOL)
I don't know man, looks too big in the shoulders and chest too, even over that sweater.

div25sec9

Reaction score

I don't know man, looks too big in the shoulders and chest too, even over that sweater.

I'm going to have to agree on this as well. It's a pretty cool jacket, but too big. Sell it and put an ebay notification for the same jacket but in a smaller size. Not only will it fit a whole lot better, but the cost difference between selling and buying will most likely be a lot less than alterations.

AMProf

Reaction score
Not to pile on but yeah, too big. Like way too big. Like David Byrne too big.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YIkes, I have to agree with Wes, here, bro...I guess it's time to get your bench up to 350 lbs. so you can fit that!
thumbs-up.gif

2nd thrift fit EVER. Was going for a EazyE look the other day w/ my new RRL tweed jacket. I know Sleeves are waaay too long, but its going to the tailor soon, I haven't had a piece of clothing i've wanted to wear this badly for a long time though, so *******! Pants have a subtle salmon-ish check to them that doesn't come across well in pics. Also, for everyone who didn't see my last pic, IM WHITE! Suprise! (i guess, i didn't realize that was the public perception of me till last time LOL)

Also, INCOMING, I fit all of this:

In this:
images

No way! I thought you were an AZN brotha! BTW, when did you start waring ties?

New Thrift!

Last edited:

sthenosall

Reaction score
As a follow up to my last post: I stopped by a new place this morning and didn't have much time however there was a truly massive selection of top quality shoes. Dozens of Allen Edmonds, Florsheim, Mezlan, Johnston & Murphy, Cole Haan as well as a larger pair of Crockett & Jones and a smaller pair of Alden's. They were all in very good condition, some very much wearable in the condition they were in and some that with a little TLC would have been almost like new! If anyone is looking for anything in particular let me know. Rey had wing tips, cap toes, loafers and driving shoes. Really a remarkable election. Next time I have a chance ill take some more time and really look at sizes and what not.

amadar

Reaction score

Just picked up what I'm pretty sure is a piece of luggage made out of elephant. Dated 1926, with the OG key! I've never handled the stuff before so if anybody can confirm or deny this, I'd be really grateful.

Nell

Reaction score
Does anyone know when APC switched from button to zipper fly (or if they still do both)?

Quick thrift fit. Excuse the mess, taken in my buddy's room while I was in transit.

Norman Hilton 3/2
PRL OCBD
Mabis from Hans - Huge thanks, very generous with these
AS for Harrod's tassels
Pants will be too slim for most, but I'm in an environment where classic isn't necessary

Last edited:

Jpmorris

Reaction score

My unspoken fears... spoken lol. I thought when I put it on " i look like a brick", but I like it sooooo much. Oh well, to Ebay she goes. I should be able to get more than $125 out of that bad boy, right?!

div25sec9

Reaction score

As a follow up to my last post: I stopped by a new place this morning and didn't have much time however there was a truly massive selection of top quality shoes. Dozens of Allen Edmonds, Florsheim, Mezlan, Johnston & Murphy, Cole Haan as well as a larger pair of Crockett & Jones and a smaller pair of Alden's. They were all in very good condition, some very much wearable in the condition they were in and some that with a little TLC would have been almost like new! If anyone is looking for anything in particular let me know. Rey had wing tips, cap toes, loafers and driving shoes. Really a remarkable election. Next time I have a chance ill take some more time and really look at sizes and what not.

I'd be interested in anything 11.5!

Randomore

Reaction score
Couple things.

First for me.
J crew messenger bag. Millerain fabric. Awesome.

Brooks brothers flannel.

LL Bean shaket, awesome tartan fully lined with soft furryness so pissedthis doesn't fit. Tagged XS fits like a slim medium available

Another Brooks Brothers flannel. This one didnt fit my gorilla arms so available. Tagged S but fits M

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Ok, Suits/SC forthcoming later. Again, im sorry if this is long, but I used to spoiler everything and no one sees anything and then I get PM's like, "how'd I miss that" etc etc. Its all pretty good stuff, so deal with it.
This is the bomber you're looking for, right?

NM Lizard, great shape ~9D

6x Bills FF 38x34 or longer

Oh hai, 8x Brioni Cannes size 40

Trafalgar 2000 limited editon

T/A tux shirt, 16

for a BIG man 18.5x36.5

fred perry M

Fairfax for barneys, never heard any of this, but its the only shirt i've seen other than borelli with buttons this big!

wearing this to my next rave... lol

Is this the caruso? Diffusion? Nice shirt.

OG FF Blackwatch, (sansabelt but who cares?)

I'm assuming this is real, because if it was fake they could at least get closer to the label im familiar with, right?

BR XL (so was the other)

XL PS with logo (awesome)

16-35-36 slimfit varvatos USA

DOPE Bally Moto (keeping for now, see fit, this is how its supposed to fit, right? (short that is)

PS 15.5 brioni and borelli 16.5

Aquascutum trench NA as i've been looking for one for awhile and my size.

RLBL cherry popped!

PRL country, popped! This stuff is supposed to be $$$ right? XL

Old enough to be valuable?

This is real military/navy issue right? IF so school me on age/miliary issue stuff in general, PLEASE, I know some of it is valuable, and see a lot but always pass due to ignorance.

Apparently this isn't as cool as i though, but oh well, i think its still worth some scrilla.

Is this a boglioli summer line? Its really, really nice linen with MOP, and im keeping, but was curious.

Cherry popped, my size so NA

4x burberry for the bay Xl L L M

Finally! A solid navy tie YAY.

SC and suits later.
FIN.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PMed, dibs on 11E.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, Suits/SC forthcoming later. Again, im sorry if this is long, but I used to spoiler everything and no one sees anything and then I get PM's like, "how'd I miss that" etc etc. Its all pretty good stuff, so deal with it.
This is the bomber you're looking for, right?

Damn bro, so tempted to dib! Dude, dibs on anything nice you got, suits, and SCs in 40s!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads