• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since these are still out of flipping range, and they are not my size, behold the glory of Marshalls. Both were on final markdown for $657.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures of the new "hat rack" I put up in my closet as I was able to do it for under €15. It was a pretty simple project made from shelving brackets and fabric covered styrofoam balls.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. You guys should all enter! I'd love to see more of us win.

In the spirit of the bragging thread, I should mention that I managed to win on a month when the prize was $500 instead of the usual $50!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

So what's the moral obligation here (a styleforum gentleman's bet)? Only items you thrifted yourself or are we doing thrift trades as well?

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a consignment store today, found this with the brand marked as "Coat" on the tag. It felt nice so I took a closer look...

:nodding:

Fits perfect NA, I'll take some better pics later.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures of the new "hat rack" I put up in my closet as I was able to do it for under €15. It was a pretty simple project made from shelving brackets and fabric covered styrofoam balls.
Love that, nice job!

Won these on Ebay as a lot (grenadines I think - not labeled as such by the seller, N/A):

From those industrious brothers!

Finally found my first Ralph Lauren Black Label anything - In staple-ish colors and they all fit so N/A:

Interesting Polo shacket - throat latch, nice buttons, two pockets + hand warmers, elastic waistband:

I don't often buy Mezlans, but when I do, they're Brown Suede Double Monks (10D - Available):

And two Carroll & Co. Suits:

Recent POW Flannel (on its way to Spoo as we speak):

And this vintage beaut - Tweed Three Piece Suit! This thing is rad: ticket pocket, double vents, horn buttons, handiwork everywhere:

Wish it fit, it's about a 38s.

CesarC

Reaction score
That's a great idea! Must have a spacious closet to be able to do that. Do you worry about exposing your hats to potential vermin? It's something I'm paranoid about.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just 3 things today, vintage shoe trees.

BB slim fit OCBD for myself.

And hows this for a BB tie? :smarmy:

I was at the BB store on Michigan literally 2 days ago fondling a tie very similar to this one, $80? No thanks. $1.50? Yes please.

Nice trees and I like the tie. I've been finding some good bb ties lately, I just wish the middle section of their ties wasn't so narrow, makes it about impossible for me to get even a decent knot.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Went to a consignment store today, found this with the brand marked as "Coat" on the tag. It felt nice so I took a closer look...

COAT is Boglioli's casual line. Boglioli makes ETRO's suits/jackets.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I could find some hats size 7 1/2, I have the perfect space for a display like that.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Nice job Hans...I am going to steal that idea.

+1. been looking for a reason to start wearing hats LOL

That's a great idea!  Must have a spacious closet to be able to do that.  Do you worry about exposing your hats to potential vermin?  It's something I'm paranoid about.

Thanks! If anyone wants some details (it's painfully simple), check the spoiler.

I bought short brackets and hooks. The styrofoam balls were the biggest ones I at the shop, but I didn't look at other places. I covered them with a thin layer of foam to bulk them up a bit. Cut the styrofoam balls in half. I started with a saw, but it obviously got a messy. You can do a cleaner job using a hot wire. Heat it over a flame or use a couple of batteries (dangerous, but will work). Cut a **** in the bottom of the flat side of the styrofoam and glue the hook into it. Cover with fabric and use a zip tie to hold it to the bracket. This prevents sewing/gluing the fabric and is quick. The styrofoam is at an angle, but hold the hats perfectly fine.

We turned a small bedroom into a closet, so we finally have a decent amount of space. As far as vermin are concerned, I am not terribly afraid. It's a good point to bring up! :nodding: I have most of my fall/winter hats out now, but as it warms up, they might go into storage. Something to think about! I was more concerned with dust, but I have a brush that takes care of that.

You know that's a a Boglioli, right?!?! :slayer:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

COAT is Boglioli's casual line. Boglioli makes ETRO's suits/jackets.

I wasn't aware they made for Etro...love most Boglioli I see, only like about 25% of the Etro, though. Weird.

I wish I could find some hats size 7 1/2, I have the perfect space for a display like that.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you. Mine come from everywhere....new, consignment, ebay, thrift. They're dirt cheap in thrifts...no one thinks they're desirable or bothers to check on the brands/ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads