1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That is about the only thing we have not tried. She has already discontinued eating all of her favorite snacks do to finding medicine in them. We don't want to risk her not eating her food anymore. Most of the medication has to be taken on a full stomach.

2. PointDexter2014

PointDexter2014 Senior member

Also, the old are the new these days. Some folks are into vintage. And you could possibly make several hundred on your find. I found a Ladies Vintage Berburry Trench Coat. The exact same coat sold for $685 on esty.com. And the condition was LNWOT. But it wasn't new. So, you can possibly flip your find.

3. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Thanks for all of the love guys, I appreciate all of the kind words. A stressful morning waiting for the results has turned into a wonderful day. You guys rock.

PD - Right now, I am going to be diving pretty heavily into litigation, more specifically securities, probate, and general business litigation. As for the pants, they are for me. I have already taken them to the alterationist to have them tapered.

4. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Gran Sasso Wool/Silk Jumper - $10 @ VV
    [​IMG]

Canali for Harry Rosen - $10 @ VV
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Found some neat stuff over the last week or so:

Turnbull and Asser for Neiman Marcus (looks pretty recent)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul Stuart Hacking Jacket with Ghillie collar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Popped my Etro cherry on a tie (doe ties count against cherries? [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't pass on a NWT VV Martha's tie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one's no big whoop, but I love polo collar sweaters.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

No reason to believe otherwise - has the Yamane rivets, crotch rivet, "unmarked" waist tag (if it was a 2, 1 or 0, would be worth a fair amount), painted gull, slanted belt loops. I thrifted a couple pairs recently - one sold for $65 BIN, the other has a few watchers at the same price. If yours say "made in China" on a tag inside the waistband, not worth a whole lot...if they have the stamp inside on one of the front pockets that mentions "genes" and Japon", and no "made in Mexico" tag, you might do OK if you're looking to flip them depending on what you paid. Might be other things to look for but that's what I know of Evisu. Mine also had different inside seams (photos below / spoilered).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

I seek the expertise of this excellent thread! I picked up this Belstaff jacket at a consignment for $40 and I had some questions. First of all it is made in China so I am concerned of its authenticity. Does Belstaff make jackets in China or just England and Italy? Also in the jacket it says "tested by the beluomo expedition team" but I can't find any information about such a team. The jacket fits great and if it is indeed a fake I will rock it anyway. Anyone that has info/opinion please feel free to chime in. More pictures in spoilers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Bell Uomo means "handsome man" in Italian. Otherwise no clue on "beluomo".

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  9. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

They are defs made in China. No tag inside like you described. I was thrown off by the inner seams because yours look like traditional selvedge, but mine do not; however they do feel like raw denim. They aren't my size, so I probably will either trade or sell them. Got 'em for a great price though. Like $10, plus shipping.

10. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I'm about 99% sure that's fake, unfortunately. Someone else can chime in on it though, I'm open to other opinions. Look at the stitching on the tags...what's it look like? Poor, cheap stitching? Black or clear nylon fishing-line?

11. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Popped my Etro cherry today as well. Gorgeous scarf, but small. 12" x 44".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

13. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

yes I had a feeling it was a fake. The stitching on the tags is very poor, just wasn't sure if Belstaff came out with a lower more affordable poor-stitched Chinese line. I still love the jacket so i'll probably just un-stitch all the Belstaff tags and wear it that way. Thanks for your input!

14. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

If you can I would start doing the treat trick. You throw her treats. You can make some kind of audible sound before (kinda like a clicker, you can click your tongue or something) and throw her a treat. Do it several times a day. Throw like 8-10 treats. Throw them in a kinda fast order so she'll have to eat them fairly quickly to catch the next one. Do a few rounds a day, After a few days you should be able to sneak the pill in there between treat throws. My friend swears by this method and he has like 6 dogs.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Well, until a few weeks ago, she was great at catching treats. Not so much without the right eye now.
    [​IMG]

16. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

There's a couple of techniques that you might try with the peanut butter. Here's what we did with Cassie, the 75 lb. female Rhodesian Ridgeback who has to take 4 pills at a time and Reese, the 15 lb. Jack Russell Terrier who takes three.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since Mia is now averse to taking it, first, try giving her little bits of Peanut Butter (PB) without the pills throughout the day.

• As soon as you feel confident that she'll go for it, put some PB on your fingertip and hold it in front of her nose/mouth.
    • When she opens a bit, put your fingertip just inside her upper front teeth and quickly scrape most of the PB from your finger against the back side of her teeth. You CAN do this before she'll clamp down!
    • Immediately smear the remainder of the PB around her nose and upper lips.

Generally, a dog will continue licking (and swallowing!) until all of the external PB is off and by that time, the wad you left behind her teeth is long gone.

Next, add the pills to the wad of PB before scraping it against her teeth and follow the rest of the procedure.

Meanwhile, I finally found a pair of brown full strap loafers. Ralph Lauren Polo Sport with Goodyear welting and a Vibram style outsole. Here's a pic from eBay but my find appears to be in better condition.

[​IMG]

They fit and I'm wearing them until I find a pair of Aldens or AE's.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Anyone need me to proxy tomorrow morning?

Dig's edit: Too late, they're already gone! I scoured the store the next morning. :( Sorry, guys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Also, ask for advice on this StyleForum thread!

lefty's random dog thread.

lefty is a treasure when it come to teh doggeh knowledge!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  18. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

No Camera STILL so I'll just list what I got today. Firstly a Jos A Bank Tie Rack for myself. Needed one for a while now. Samuelsohn Wool/Cashmere sport coat. Martin Dingman Belt, NWT Banana Republic (265 retail) Made in Italy Charcoal Gray sports coat. And a Lacoste Tweed with suede elbow patches. Fits me so I might keep (not really a tweed guy). A few ties not worth mentioning either.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ARRGH does the Harmont have a dachshund logo on it? Please PLEASE proxy for me?

20. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

if you have a camera phone that will be just fine
    the lacost sounds like an interesting find

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.