• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

I thought this one was in-house! The last one I got was definitely attolini, but this one... how could you tell?

:D

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more appropriate in the "Sales" thread, but I'd rather pass this on directly to you guys:

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/fire-sale

everything in there is 80% off at checkout. $30 ish chinos with real horn buttons. Surprisingly good size selection available on the chinos. everything else is pretty sold out unless you're large or small.
could I get a link to the "sales" thread?
spam[1].gif

tubs

Reaction score
I’ve created a google form that, when filled out by thrifting regulars, creates a database with all responses about sizing, wants, basic personal information, and trading preferences that users can both search and filter. I believe this database will:
-Streamline the trading process with new and existing trading partners
-Strengthen relationships between existing trading partners, facilitate new relationships
-Provide in-field notes about traders’ up-to-date preferences and sizing

You’ll be sent a form that fills in a google sheet (spreadsheet). That means that you can access it via your smartphone through Google Drive. I played around with the sheet on my phone and found that I can’t search or filter through the Google Drive app. However, you can access the spreadsheet through the web and the filtering option becomes available. So, next time you find a 14D pair of AEs, you can look at the sheet in the store and possibly contact someone who wears a 14D to see if they want a proxy. You can create a link to the sheet, and add it to your phone’s home screen for easy access.

I believe the database should be kept private. This database is meant to serve the regular thrifters who consistently offer up their finds for the benefit of the community in this thread. Like Brian does with the Ebay blacklist, I will regulate who can access the form and resulting database. SF members may gain access to the list by no less than 10 posts showing high quality finds, a good portion of which are offered up to other members, OR a reference from a poster that I recognize as a regular. Send me a PM and include your email address to gain access to the form. I’ll recognize a lot of names, but I may ask you for “proof” of offering your finds to prevent people from freeloading.

You may copy the information to create a spreadsheet for your own use. For example, you could edit it as you see fit, adding phone numbers and addresses for people that trust you, deleting users you don’t wish to keep information on, deleting fields that don’t fit your needs, and exporting and uploading your custom database to whatever platform suits your needs (e.g. Excel file on dropbox, Google sheet on Google drive that can be accessed on your smartphone, etc). Your sheet won’t remain updated though.

Once I get your email address, I’ll email you the form and the sheet. Keep the email or save the sheet’s address, because you’ll want access to the sheet later. The answers to the form fill in the sheet, but you could also just fill out the sheet. When you want to update any of the fields, you’ll have to open the sheet to make your changes. From the minimal amount of testing I’ve done with three computers and one phone, it seems like google docs allows for multiple users to sort, filter, and edit the form all at once.

To filter on the mobile web version of the sheet, select the drop down arrow below that column’s header.

In an effort to prevent further de-railing of this thread, please contact me directly with any comments. If anyone figures out how to search the mobile web version of the sheet, please let us know.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve created a google form that, when filled out by thrifting regulars, creates a database with all responses about sizing, wants, basic personal information, and trading preferences that users can both search and filter. I believe this database will:
-Streamline the trading process with new and existing trading partners
-Strengthen relationships between existing trading partners, facilitate new relationships
-Provide in-field notes about traders’ up-to-date preferences and sizing

You’ll be sent a form that fills in a google sheet (spreadsheet). That means that you can access it via your smartphone through Google Drive. I played around with the sheet on my phone and found that I can’t search or filter through the Google Drive app. However, you can access the spreadsheet through the web and the filtering option becomes available. So, next time you find a 14D pair of AEs, you can look at the sheet in the store and possibly contact someone who wears a 14D to see if they want a proxy. You can create a link to the sheet, and add it to your phone’s home screen for easy access.

I believe the database should be kept private. This database is meant to serve the regular thrifters who consistently offer up their finds for the benefit of the community in this thread. Like Brian does with the Ebay blacklist, I will regulate who can access the form and resulting database. SF members may gain access to the list by no less than 10 posts showing high quality finds, a good portion of which are offered up to other members, OR a reference from a poster that I recognize as a regular. Send me a PM and include your email address to gain access to the form. I’ll recognize a lot of names, but I may ask you for “proof” of offering your finds to prevent people from freeloading.

You may copy the information to create a spreadsheet for your own use. For example, you could edit it as you see fit, adding phone numbers and addresses for people that trust you, deleting users you don’t wish to keep information on, deleting fields that don’t fit your needs, and exporting and uploading your custom database to whatever platform suits your needs (e.g. Excel file on dropbox, Google sheet on Google drive that can be accessed on your smartphone, etc). Your sheet won’t remain updated though.

Once I get your email address, I’ll email you the form and the sheet. Keep the email or save the sheet’s address, because you’ll want access to the sheet later. The answers to the form fill in the sheet, but you could also just fill out the sheet. When you want to update any of the fields, you’ll have to open the sheet to make your changes. From the minimal amount of testing I’ve done with three computers and one phone, it seems like google docs allows for multiple users to sort, filter, and edit the form all at once.

To filter on the mobile web version of the sheet, select the drop down arrow below that column’s header.

In an effort to prevent further de-railing of this thread, please contact me directly with any comments. If anyone figures out how to search the mobile web version of the sheet, please let us know.
Thinking this already exists.....at least there is one in my shared google docs from a year ago....hasn't been updated for quite a while.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Need like 1600 post recap... gave up on ever catching up

tubs

Reaction score
Thinking this already exists.....at least there is one in my shared google docs from a year ago....hasn't been updated for quite a while.
You're right- it exists, but I made a new one because it fizzled out a long time ago, newcomers don't know about it and it doesn't contain the detailed sizing and trading preferences that this new one does. I also plan on keeping people aware of its existence every once in a while.

Last edited:

vlassis

Reaction score
John Fluevog Vegan Two-Tone

Saks Fifth Avenue

Brooks Brothers, Ted Baker and COOP Barney's New York

Abercrombie & Fitch 2 x XXL, Geoffrey Beene Sateen Cotton

Finally a nice day with no rain and headed down to the Sally Ann for some scouting. Expanding the men's section. What's the take on the Saks Fifth Avenue patent with ribbons? Too Night at the Opera or okay for funky casual?

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MOAR

Nordstrom black herringbone 42R, made of LP camelhair. Tiny bit of wear by the inner pocket.

Magnannis with what could quite possibly be the most badass patina of all time. Needs some work on toes for scuffs.

Coach belt x3! All are 34s

Ridiculously badass Zegna cool effect slate blue SC, FUNCTIONAL CUFFS! Dual vented too! Sz 46. The bottom stitching needs closure but that's a pretty easy job from what I understand...

BB Madison 44L, minor wear on one sleeve, otherwise awesomesauce

BB Brooksease pants, I'm pretty sure they're 32 or 34, I forget lol

NOT DONE YET! :D

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wolf vs goat site confuses me. The straight fit chinos look slimmer than the slim fit chinos. Maybe it's just the cuff.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
REALLY REALLY NEED
spam[1].gif

Got the Tux and Shirt taken care of, but now really really need a waistcoat. If you guys can keep an extra out in the "suit vests" that would be great. I've been flipping though for a few months with no luck. Its an area I usually didnt look as so if you can take the minute that would be super helpful!!!
worship.gif

E&R_feb2011_full_crop.JPG

ralphlauren_purplelabel_grosgrainvest.jpg

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
puzzled.gif

Abercrombie & Fitch 2 x XXL, Geoffrey Beene Sateen Cotton

Not that we necessarily ought to pay much attention to style trends, but patent is sort of in (if on the way out?) for funky casual, though not in that style. PTB patent maybe, but not pumps like these. Why not just go to the opera?
wink.gif

Quote:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more appropriate in the "Sales" thread, but I'd rather pass this on directly to you guys:

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/fire-sale

everything in there is 80% off at checkout. $30 ish chinos with real horn buttons. Surprisingly good size selection available on the chinos. everything else is pretty sold out unless you're large or small.

Damn, why do the chinos have to be sold out in 36?
cloud.gif

Oh, well. At least I finally got my Barbour quilted jacket:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110999385753?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score

Jesus, you people take direction worse than my clients. .
this is the funniest thing I have read here since brioni s#!t
Carroll & Co. plaid wool SC; single-vented; sz 40R
sweet
[SIZE=11pt]I’ve created a google form that, when filled out by thrifting regulars, creates a database with all responses about sizing, wants, basic personal information, and trading preferences that users can both search and filter. I believe this database will
hm. Maybe. Thrifting day started out garden variety, new weird color (plum, green) LL Bean cords (lots here in thrifts) in my size
and some other not-bragworthy items but will be put in rotation. After work...Louis, Boston (!!!) labeled zegna suit
Then!
happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads