1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PointDexter2014

PointDexter2014 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. PointDexter2014

Brand Ecco
    Style Loafer
    Model Lounge Moc Braided
    Color Cognac
    Material Leather; Rubber Sole
    Origin India
    Size 10.5D/EU 44
    Condition 9.5 out of 10

Available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

^^ i'm gonna lose my shit in a second.

4 people like this.
  4. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

video will follow after a bit of practice.

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Loake is a strong possibility, but I think we concluded that text combo, esp with the made in england on the bottom, is alfred sargent. i would be shocked if ct were doing as shoes -- from a pricepoint standpoint alone. but thats what my research concluded when i was looking for something similar.

Ask anyone. I am a live and let live guy, and rarely care whether folks use the thread as a billboard. But this is a bridge too far. That LOOKS like a listing. Those details are irrelevant to a brag. And ecco? Not thread worthy. We are really getting pretty far afield with what is threadworthy. When you are still learning thats one thing. But making no effort to figure out what's meets this thread's admittedly high bar, well that's just irritating.
    I'm sorry, I'm sure you are a nice guy and I look forward to you someday pwning this threak. But for now, please lurk more.

2 people like this.
  6. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I am going to die
    No comments????
    1/1 3x1
    Mmm
    Black weft blue waft selvage?!??!??!!??!?
    ?!?!!;&2!8/'ebidnwoef

7. PointDexter2014

First. You were making statements like that when you were interest in the BBBF. Second, I will stop posting if this how fellow members treat another member. I will take my weak post and unworthy finds to another forum. And I am not trying to sell.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is the greatest page in the history of this thread.

5 people like this.
  9. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

I'm still at a loss, but it seems truly profound

10. dz-015

dz-015 Active Member

11. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

hell ya

12. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

[​IMG]

13. dz-015

dz-015 Active Member

Awesome resource - thanks!

I will try to hit some of those spots next week - should be interesting!

14. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

i know it doesnt feel like it but its coming from a good place. i want you to be a beloved, productive member of the team. several folks have dropped hints and it hasnt sunk in. please dont bolt; take our advice and learn, then own all our asses. DM7 is the case in point.
    again, im sorry. but a number of us were thinking it; ive just had one too many martinis to keep myself from saying it.

1 person likes this.
  15. eazye

eazye Senior member

I was going to post my meager finds from the last two weeks, but I think I'll hold off.

16. TheNeedMachine

Dear sir and/or madam: you've posted a woman's trench, tried to proxy London Fog which are about as plentiful as tattoos on a stripper yet easier to find, and ecco shoes for sale (twice). Please read some of this thread and soak it in. No one is asking you to take your ball and go home; we just don't play with that sort of ball on this court.

3 people like this.
  17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Please do!

18. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

Haven't thrifted in months and I've totally lost track of this thread. Glad to see nothing's changed.

19. TheNeedMachine

Second that. Please.

20. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Anyone have a pet peeve at their thrift stores? I entered this thrift once, about a year ago but avoided it because well...this is why.
    1. Their prices are too high as in, $15 for any pair of shoes $35 for a toaster oven type expenseive.
    2. They only take cash. Fine, I get it, but let people know first. I had to leave the store, and walk to the cloest convenience store and buy 2 scratch-offs to get cash back (I won $5 though...lol).
    3. They have no organization. Literally none. Think I am kidding? Here are two pictures of their shoe selection. Piled high and no rhyme or reason. Mens and womens combined and the matching pairs aren't next to each other. Really?
    4. You are thinking this can't get worse, right? WRONG! They don't have air conditioning. That may fly by some of you, but this is Florida. It's fucking hot, and I thought I was going to die..lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With that said, came out with these two. Women's Birks and Hanover Shells (8D). Thrift gods made me fight for these shells...haha
    [​IMG]

Warning: Mediocre finds.

BB Loro Piana Blazer (43R)
    [​IMG]

Picked this up because it fit, barely, despite the size tag. Anyone know the maker? Real smoke MOPs, nice linen/silk fabric (I think) and great pattern. Sorry pic is sideways. Just couldn't leave it. Seen the label before (and not recalling anything special) but figured I would ask.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMAZING Dolphins Starter nylon jacket. Too bad it's a medium. Couldn't leave it behind, though. I'll frame it if I can't find a good home.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trafagar braces. Black floral/paisley and "Dog eat dog world" theme
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wish summer could stick around! PRL pants (SS ones had a 20 in the pocket...channeling my inner cap'n)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.