• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn yall, Gmmcl, dat hunting jacket..... :worship2: And errrbody else.... :drool:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While not the least bit surprising, in my (massive, at this point) amount of on-the-ground experience, the old adage largely holds true: brand is a proxy for quality. Obviously, use your own devices to flush the details out.

Working in market research / behavior analysis / bunko sciences, I get stuff forwarded to me all the time, most of which I do not read...but this one was interesting and relevant here (from Dec 2012):
http://www.neurosciencemarketing.com/blog/articles/brands-count-seen-or-unseen.htm
...the talking point being: a recent study showed that people wearing apparel with visible premium branding were viewed more positively and actually treated differently in person.
You can read about the experiments and results in the article (it's short - about 1 page in the real world), if that sort of thing grabs you.

Last edited:

Stewie

Reaction score

Nah they were the quilted (Liddesdale / Berrington), not waxed jackets or anything...with missing quilt threads, soiling, excessive wear.  I grabbed the only waxed Barbour they had, which has pretty minor wear and OK by most folks.  The other 2 I grabbed were the best of the quilted.  I'm getting all sorts of grief over leaving the Barbours and Paul Stuarts - here and in PM's - sheesh!  I won't mention the Burberry made in Italy stuff...you wouldn't have liked them anyway.

Here folks is a smart thrifter. It's quite obvious that he know's what will sell and what wont if he is going to flip the items. I still see guys asking if this is the right Dior, the right YSL, etc and yet they purchased them for the hope of flipping and those items, unless bid by those who dont know the difference as well, will hardly be worth the time or money.

Props to you, ATL! :slayer:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Ok stuff from Little Rock over new years, and stuff from today: (also, i normally spoiler it all, but screw it no one seems to see that **** ever)

Sulka 15.5/33 i think, Orvis vest L, BB makers old and 16.5/R?

Saks leather for me

Someone has got to have this, right?Its so special brand, but it is sweet. I think its 38-40 range.

First Santoni, and some AE. Both 9D

MOtherfucking artioli gators, for ME, ME ME. If you don't like these, stfu, i think they're the whip. $102 Ebay, they just finally needed to be shown.

MINT Florsheim imperial V cleat shells. 12C

First tailored Jpress, and its a full sack 3/2 single vent, from 1961!. Any further info on this would be appreciated. It has a small hole or two, and its big 46ish, but ill measure. Tentatively dibbed.

Hickey Blazer in 44, just snagged as a staple for someone here, it was cheap.

Armani black label FF cords. 32x31 I think.

2x basic blue thin herringbone shirts, 15x31, hamilton customs in great shape. I got these as a favor for one of you little dudes who wants nice staple ***** on the cheap.

MITurkey HB suit, dual vent, ff, peak lapel, monochrome pin cord?

Zegna high performance, probable orphan, but sold and dual vented so whatever.

What would you call this fabric weave? If you can tell that is.

A first for me, and NWsome tags at least.

Another first, smedley sea island sweater Xxl

Brioni (mine), WG M bush poplin field shirt, FlippaK (could someone still please school me on this brand? Ebay isn't very helpful for mens.

Another first! Found in Arkansas no less!

I bought this because its badass, and it set off my spidey sense, I kopped and as i've looked at it more I want to say its Sulka, any thoughts?

50L Sammy blazer for EvilAbed.

Last but not least, consignment (i dropped 135, which is very uncharacteristic), belted back, elbow suede patches, patch pocket, vented back, leather buttoned awesomeness.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can this be the new spoo signal?

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
Truth. Also, why is that not my size?! In school colors, too.
plain.gif

Ok stuff from Little Rock over new years, and stuff from today: (also, i normally spoiler it all, but screw it no one seems to see that **** ever)

Someone has got to have this, right?Its so special brand, but it is sweet. I think its 38-40 range.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Also, how's this for a Pendleton?

Wow, this thing is sublime. What size is this marked as?

Those Vasques are what you're looking for. Also keep an eye out for Skywalks. They will say that on the underside of the sole.

****, dat Finamore.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
I promise I did not **** the land before you got here
laugh.gif
Nothing at all?
suuuuuuure you didnt
lol8[1].gif
....... no pics till next week, but from memory.

JPress Knit Tie
JPress Tweed
Nice Zegna 3 Button "Jacket" (not an orphan)
Hugo Boss Tie for me
Robert Graham Paisley Tie (Should pay for gas for the day)
BB Mainline Suit (reunited orphans)

Thats it
confused.gif

2 Full Rows of TF @ $80/each & 4 more full rows of Brioni at $60/each. TF's were all super wide though.
Also had 5 or 6 rows of Versace Ties at $60/eah

can this be the new spoo signal?

I vote no. Whoever did the gif didnt even make it spin 360
facepalm.gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a slow week...
Top to bottom: PRL by Corneliani black crushed velvet 32x30, Linen PRL trousers 33x30, Orvis wool and cuffed trousers 40x33ish

Are the Holland and Sherry ones worth picking up? It's thick silk... and is this Balenciaga real?

Vintage BR safari jacket

Corduroy cuffs

half lined Oxxford and BB made in Italy, thinking of keeping the Oxxford if I can clean it.

Can anyone help me see when this was made?

Other than the arms hows the fit? are the pockets too low, make it look dated?

Oh man, that RLPL wool tie...
drool.gif

The Oxxford jacket could use a bit waist suppression. The lapels look a bit wide for my taste but it looks good on you.

Bro, I would be all over that madras sc if it weren't for the low gorge...

Sulka tie! That script is identical to the jacket I got recently.

The RRL tweed is soooooooooooooo bad ass! I was able to dig mine out today! So stoked!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suuuuuuure you didnt
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
....... no pics till next week, but from memory.

JPress Knit Tie
JPress Tweed
Nice Zegna 3 Button "Jacket" (not an orphan)
Hugo Boss Tie for me
Robert Graham Paisley Tie (Should pay for gas for the day)
BB Mainline Suit (reunited orphans)

Thats it
confused.gif

2 Full Rows of TF @ $80/each & 4 more full rows of Brioni at $60/each. TF's were all super wide though.
Also had 5 or 6 rows of Versace Ties at $60/eah

facepalm.gif

I would of cop the Tom Ford POW! A few days ago, I passed on two Drakes tie about $35 a piece at NM Last Call...I was so close to cop but they were in this funky ass summer/spring hippie color. Also, I couldn't find the $40 Isaia 7 fold tie somebody was asking me to proxy...Sorry, bud, I will try harder next time.
shog[1].gif

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
facepalm.gif

I would of cop the Tom Ford POW! A few days ago, I passed on two Drakes tie about $35 a piece at NM Last Call...I was so close to cop but they were in this funky ass summer/spring hippie color. Also, I couldn't find the $40 Isaia 7 fold tie somebody was asking me to proxy...Sorry, bud, I will try harder next time.
shog[1].gif
Seriously 5" wide.......

Jpmorris

Reaction score
For the record that finamore probably has the biggest MOP I'd seen (in terms of surface area, its probably about the same as borelli in terms of total mass) BUT I saw a Talbott Estate today... expensive and too long in the sleeve, that CRUSHED them, I mean, these buttons would've been comical if they werent so sexayyyyy. PSA I'll take any talbott estate you find...
@Mainy, thanks, I don't know why it didn't come to me in the store, but once i pulled it out again I was like... this is sulka script, its got to be. (now I can rock it with my b/w pinstripe suit a la Spoo (Yes spoo, I will totally steal your steez, alll day long))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads