• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Not the YSL you're looking for.

Actually not the Kiton either. But I have a buddy that collects those non-good Kiton label jackets, so if you want to send it to me, I'd happily do a proxy.
Here kitty, kitty.

Dat KASHMERE.

Is this the YSL I'm looking for?

How 'bout dat tweedy bird?

Vintage BB, yo!

'Rive Gauche' is what you're looking for. You'll know it when you see it because it will be on some crazy ass runway piece, not an old tie.

Huh? I thought "Pour homme" was the good one

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto. That sounds way too awesome for me to be able to leave behind. I'd just as soon let it sit in my closet with my small but growing "museum" collection.

$60? probably if it's in really good shape but it might not be easy to sell. sounds too cool to leave behind though, would cop.

sn0wman

Reaction score
Huh? I thought "Pour homme" was the good one

It isn't terrible, but generally flips around $10-$15 total (shipping included). Rive Gauche goes for 4-6x that.
-sn0wman

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry E, this one is too big for you....but it is my size. Don't be sad though, I may have some candy for you this week...pending measurements.
:lurk:
Quick crappy snap, but AE Elgins in exactly my size: A bit worn, but i'll wear them a bit and get them recrafted if i feel like its worthwhile. Bad news was the lady at the SA said they came in the bag and with the shoe trees, but they were thrown out.
Those are some of the coolest AE I think I've ever seen, good job!
Got some stuff processed early this weekend. A quick rundown of some of it before I head to Baltimore for the Bloc Party show at Ram's Head. Windowpane Tweed - 38R
Summer weight Gun Check 3/2 - 38R
Holy ****! Dibs!!!!
Speaking of awesome patterns... I'm thinking at least one gent might be excited by this one.
nod%5B1%5D.gif
No size tag, but fits near a 38R-40R. Measurements: 20" P2P, 18.5" waist, 23.5" sleeves, 17.5" shoulders, 30" BOC
Sleeves.......too......short...... :fu:
Ditto. That sounds way too awesome for me to be able to leave behind. I'd just as soon let it sit in my closet with my small but growing "museum" collection. You have one of those too? Noe I can tell my wife I'm not the only one. :D

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Is it really hard to quote a bunch of stuff at the same time? Or am I just really bad at computing.

ahk11

Reaction score
Not a thrift... discount find

I know there's a lot of bike people in this thread. Scored this a few days ago for myself. Loving it... except for the pain in my legs and butt!

That is ******* sick. You need to do something about those pedals though.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I wont post my ****** finds from today then, seriously, one of the only strike out days I think I've ever had. 7 stores and only a tie and a pair of braces.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped.

One of my most unique, rarest set of finds coming up on your late local news. Not my best in terms of volume or value or anything. But definitely in terms of sheer rareness and awesomeness.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Haven't been out much recently and not finding a lot around town. Went out last night and all day today and came up pretty empty. Bought a few not worth mentioning for myself and the following

Arnold Brant 3 button sport coat made of Loro Piana Cashmere (fits like a 42R or S. Arms are really short but jacket length seems regular on me)

Perfect condition WW2 era military shirt, not sure if worth the pickup but seemed too cool to pass up

Also not pictured but picked up a Levis and Liberty collab denim jacket which seemed to be somewhat collectible to someone hopefully.

Passed on a pretty recent (from what I remember of the tags) Hickey Freeman cashmere sport coat at $30 because it was a 50R. Could proxy if it's still there tomorrow.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kopped.

One of my most unique, rarest set of finds coming up on your late local news. Not my best in terms of volume or value or anything. But definitely in terms of sheer rareness and awesomeness.

lurker[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads