• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All N/A for now (I'm going to be out of town for some time coming up)

No pics (so it didn't happen, of course), but from Sat, Sun, Tues:

Jil Sander black unstructured SC/orphan (?)
Recent Corneliani Trend shirt with massive lapels
Ede & Ravenscroft (the oldest English clothier still around) band collar FC shirt
RLBL shirt
Ferragamo black chelsea boots
Recent Burberry SC x2
NWT J. Press lime green OCBD
2x Oxxford FF suits (navy possibly gabardine, grey glenplaid)
Barbour tattersall shirt
NWT Altea tie
Recent Burberry Kensington grey pinstripe suit
Older BBGF 3/2 sack FF charcoal pinstripe suit
Sanyo double breasted cotton trench with zip out wool lining
plum purple Brioni shirt (damaged cuffs)
Zegna Silk/Cashmere SC
Eton FC shirt
Florsheim Imperial brown pebble grain longwing v-cleats
Zegna black slip on oxfords
Gucci horsebit loafers
old Oxxford charcoal SC (probably orphan) with a really cool lining

DerHoggz

Reaction score
I saw a Brooks Brothers herringbone DB overcoat sort of thing the other day. It was fur (faux maybe?) lined, with leather buttons and had internal ribbed cuffs. I had a picture, but my phone is acting up and apparently deleted it. Anyone familiar with it, and is it worth kopping to flip? Size 40R.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a Brooks Brothers herringbone DB overcoat sort of thing the other day. It was fur (faux maybe?) lined, with leather buttons and had internal ribbed cuffs. I had a picture, but my phone is acting up and apparently deleted it. Anyone familiar with it, and is it worth kopping to flip? Size 40R.
Maybe if it was a 42R instead. 40R just doesn't sell.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

hucklecat

Reaction score
I go there maybe once every couple months. I don't particularly like that one. I prefer the SA-GW-Value Village run along Alpharetta Hwy and the GW-Value Village run along Cobb Pkwy.

Ahhh, deep in my territory, I mean thrifting spots. Really not found too much along that corridor for high end names, but sure have found some sweet old denim and vintage "old-school" threads and kicks.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anyone finds some cream flannels in 36-38, mine (old Polo) were stained and ruined recently :(.

sn0wman

Reaction score
Was able to hit a couple of stores on the way home today and found my first Aquascutum. I know nothing about these other than the fact that I see them on here from time to time and I laugh every time I say the name (probably saying it wrong)...

Also found two coats that I believe are new or virtually new (sewn pockets, etc...). One is a Burberry, still with the sleeve label and a tag inside the sleeve, but unfortunately, they drew a line on the label -- to prevent returns? Also, it looks like they wrote some numbers inside the pocket above the label. Is that just a Burberry thing? The other is a Daniel Cremiuex Loro Piana. Tough to turn down either for $5.

More on the Burberry:

Also picked up a Robert Talbott silk black bowtie - 16 3/4"- just my size. My first non-adjustable neck bowtie. Also snagged a Joseph & Lyman tie that I liked.

Enjoy,
-sn0wman

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So whats up with Sanyo? I saw Spoo picked up a trench from them awhile ago, and now Androfan grabbed a piece too. I pass on that stuff quite often, but most of it looks dated as hell. Is there a good and a bad Sanyo? :eh:

sn0wman

Reaction score
My first post!

New to thrifting and I live in a pretty small town in NW Georgia, so I thought this was a pretty decent first haul.

Trousers:
Polo RL - Black Watch Tartan
Polo RL - Glen Plaid (white and black)
Bravini - Wool/Cashmere blend tan

Shirts:
Charles Tyrwhitt - blue windowpane
Faconnable - pink OCBD (with bird logo?)
Gitman Bros. - white with navy pencil stripe
Brooks Bros. - pale yellow Original Polo shirt

Blazer:
Corbin - navy (not amazing, but solid and canvassed, and I needed one)

What do you guys think?

Welcome. Since I'm a noob too, who knows how long this will take to post to the board? I've always been partial to Tyrwhitt and Faconnable (within reason). Photos really help tell the story.
Enjoy,
-sn0wman

LooknGr8

Reaction score
--English Manor is killing me. There's way too much of that larding the racks.
--Oh yeah...is is just me, or is [obscure never heard of] Uomo Made In Italy like, multiplying and making babies on the hangars between visits to your favorite store or is it just me?

At least I found some Orvis cords in my size today.

You know I thought the Dig In Action shot was kinda dicey (I know, I know, my pix ain't exactly gonna be on the BB site any time soon) but then there was this hahahahahaha

Don't you _ever_ take a picture of your crotch again.
sorry

Hey! At least he doesn't have the gut I have. You can actually SEE his shoes!

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Sorry, but everything is either mine, spoken for, on it's way to ebay, or sold already.

A few weeks worth of pickups.

Brioni Cashmere

Brioni Wool / Silk Blend

Brioni Wool

NWT Todd Snyder x Southwick Wool / Linen Blend

NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Patchwork Sport Coat / MOP Buttons

Faconnable Wool / Silk Blend

Loro Piana Cashmere / Silk Sweater

Paul Stuart Cashmere Sweater

Pringle Cashmere Scarf - seemingly new

Brooks Brothers Women's Leather Jacket

Rubinacci Shirt - Not sure if this is the same Rubinacci as Mariano Rubinacci, but it's nice enough for me.

Ties
The Hermes was being returned with a bag of other crap right as I was at the register paying. The woman set it down right in front of me.

Supplies

Even bought a clothing rack at GW

Finally broke down and picked up a Robert Graham since it was loud and cheap...and now I'm converted. This thing sold in less than 10min, for what I thought was a BIN that was pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics