• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FillW

Reaction score
What do you guys do about cleaning shoes you buy at thrift shops that you intend to wear yourself? I shined a pair I bought this week then cleaned the inside a little with a sponge. Do you spray Lysol inside them?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
Went back to the Salvation Army that yielded 4 Brionis the other day, found one more Brioni and 9 recent Burberry London shirts as well as a Vineyard Vines tie.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pendleton virgin wool shirt. XL. Wish it was a M. ebay here I come....

I guess I didn't realize Pendleton was flippable until about a week ago, I have literally passed probably 100 nice shirts up.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe others' MMV, but Pendleton doesn't seem to be that hot of an item.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luciano Barbera cashmere and silk ... shirt or jacket? I can't tell... But it is good looking and feels great.

Unfortunately, it is huge on me!

Worth selling on ebay?

AHS

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
These were almost certainly worn with socks, and only once or twice if the wear on the outsoles is an indication. If they were my size, I wouldn't hesitate to wear them. But for the price I paid, they are worth listing on Ebay.

I have a pair of Trail Gloves and love to run offroad in them, with socks... If I ran in them without socks, they'd get stinky and gross rather quickly, like my rock climbing shoes do.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrift Fit for Aloha Friday, 1/4/13... Reyn Spooner aloha shirt (thrifted), J Crew Vintage Cords (thrifted), Chaco Sandals (clearance rack).

scatterbrain

Reaction score

Randomore

Reaction score
Non clothing finds today. Michael Jackson vinyl collection, thriller off the wall etc in pristine condition. I think someone was collecting them not playing them. And some original artwork by Tim Burton. Pretty happy about these :)

yossi

Reaction score

I guess I didn't realize Pendleton was flippable until about a week ago, I have literally passed probably 100 nice shirts up.

That reminds me, I found a red, elbow-patch Pendleton hunting shirt a few months ago that was not only NWT, it still had a security tag on it - the plastic kind that looks like a bloated mauve tongue depressor. Needless to say the thrift shop didn't have one of those machines that takes them off. It took me 40 minutes with a Leatherman to get the thing off.

LA thrifters, I'm about to blow up a spot, but I don't think it matters since today is it's last day of operation. Pour out your cheapest 40 for St. Joseph's on Lincoln in Santa Monica, original home of a bunch of great **** I found this year. I stopped by at lunch today and it was a depressing, threadbare mess. They're doing $20 to fill a plastic bag with as much as you can, but if any of you can find anything remaining of value I'll be very impressed.

So the question is, where are Santa Monica Catholics going to take their Burberrys when they get tired of them now? I've got some hunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads