• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinmyself

Reaction score
so, i've finally had some time to try on my full rig.

first is a paul stuart three piece.

then an ermenegildo zegna thanks to 330ck

not sure which one fits best, and i didnt have much time to take anymore snaps.

any feedback would be great!

got shirt from acosbysweater (huge thanks)
truzzi bow- found link here from (jhwk)
shoes are just a stand in, i have opera pumps, but they're getting repaired (shout out to 330ck for those also!)

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being ill for the last few days...Didn't get a chance to make it out...Very jelly at some of your pulls...

Got the TV stand from my uncle...Nothing high end but this thing is sturdy and weight a ton...The best part? It's free!!!

Being playing RE6 on it all day!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, that's funny. I wonder if it was just a typo or if they really thought sticking a pair of Chucks in the dryer was a reasonable proposition.

The Gerry puffed coat I found the other week has the same instructions. Maybe that's just how they did it in the 70's?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple things from yesterday
Skeet comforter, patch pockets, working cuffs

Filson x 2 XL

First CT in my size that I've found that hasn't been beat to ****, been looking for a blue spread collar too!

Sweet Rivetz of Boston for myself

**** ugly Versace for the bay, 99 cents

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, happy new years to everybody!!!!!! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. :D

Pawz

Reaction score
Found some fancy, woolen, plaid trousers.

What do I wear with them?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear my tartan trousers with solid colored turtle neck sweaters. Very 1968.

Pawz

Reaction score
Thanx! =^.^=

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been hitting the stores and come upon something you've donated?
I'd dropped some shirts off in a charity donation box at supermarket parking lot. This week as I was flipping through shirts at a GW I came upon a CT shirt that was vaguely familiar.
I was tempted to buy it to give it a good home. :happy:
Happy New year!

acosbysweater

Reaction score
be careful on that boglioli stuff guys, it all looks stained to me, like some sort of water damage or something. probably isn't going to show up well in the photos but might be super plain in real life :/ incredible prices for k-jackets though

I'm waffling on the blue one. Also, I don't feel you should be sizing up. The Boglioli Coat I picked up on the bay in a size 50 is too large for me. I would go for a 48 and I'm 5' 11" 155 lbs.

Secondly, how can you tell those are K-Jackets? There isn't a strand of colored buttons attached at the collar and you don't know what the label on the inside says. Even so, they're a great price for COAT level jackets.

Edit: Bought the light blue/chambray in a 48. There's one mark on the back that looks like a small abrasion, but that's the style these K Jackets go for anywho. Looks like it is in fact a K given that some neighboring sizes in the same color are clearly marked as such. There are some COAT options up there for the same price.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Couple things from yesterday
Skeet comforter, patch pockets, working cuffs

Filson x 2 XL

First CT in my size that I've found that hasn't been beat to ****, been looking for a blue spread collar too!

Sweet Rivetz of Boston for myself

**** ugly Versace for the bay, 99 cents

skeet comforter, LOL

Last edited:

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Nice to know re Boglioli levels.

Is there just "coat" and "K-jacket," or are there more?

I've since edited my post after looking at more sizes than just 48. All three 48s that were available had no clear distinction of level.

From what I've seen on high end sites, the K Jackets often have a finer material composition. In FW, lots of cashmere while in SS, Silk/Linen dominate. That said, this "K Jacket" that I just ordered is Cotton/Poly. That's fine since I'm going to be rough on it.

Here's a post from another thread that will lay it out far better than I could.
I know there have been a lot of questions on Boglioli jackets in the past too, I've had a lot of these jackets over the past 10 years so I think I can help.
Their trademark line, Coat, started in the 1990’s as neo-Italian take on Neapolitan tailoring; they made the jacket slimmer due to fabric and construction and used a special “tinto in capo” (garment dyeing) process to give the jacket a vintage look…basically responding to trends seen in jeans and shirts at this time. Worn in. Distressed. Coat is their mainstay, and in many ways the zenith of their production and obsession with materials, especially cotton, and recently more with linen and silk.
Due to the success of this, Boglioli started to experiment (pre-wash, dyeing, etc) with other fabrics like (combed) cashmere and wool…and the K Jacket was born (2003 I believe). For the most part, I think the construction of these two jackets are pretty similar, although almost always I like the touch of a K Jacket more…it drapes better, it possesses that tactile sensation that you can’t quite put into words but you understand…I love them. And I hear Boglioli doesn’t make a big distinction between the two but I think there is.
Boglioli also has a standard label for some of their partnerships (with Guabella, tailors, department stores other than Barneys’ who they make a Coat and K Jacket for) which is all over the place. Whereas most Coat and K Jacket lines have very little or no shoulder padding (“senza spallina”), spring/summer editions usually have no canvassing (but still wonderful structure I might add), these often have more padding in shoulder, often don’t have working buttons, and are often fully canvassed. I’ve even seen one that was fused, which I think was a bad move, to put their name on the jacket. I also saw a cardigan-blazer in textured cotton that was absolutely amazing. But in nonrefundable situation I would not take the risk.
There are a few other lines, Dover and Wight which came in late 2000’s I..the wight concept was for Japan and was based on a total unconstructed form. The Dover was a bit more constructed and formal or elegantly styled…but sometimes in Jersey. So still no real structure to the line. Both these lines are discontinued and but have become Dover 2G line (which I have not seen).
Basically, I think anything outside of Coat and K Jacket can be a little experimental- can be amazing but often a bit off. A lot of people dismiss Boglioli as a trend or casual jacket, but if you look at the construction, attention to detail…it’s really a kind of revolution in jacket making. I travel a lot and my Isaia, Zegna crossover, Luciano Barbera’s don’t hold up as well as this. There is a real beauty and practicality to a prewashed distressed material...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads