• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Ok gents, what's the verdict on Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Watches?

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-H705...8&sr=1-13&keywords=hamilton+men's+khaki+field

I think this is a discounted price...Not sure though...

I am not a watch guru but the brand is not familiar to me. I would definitely keep an eye on craigslist. You would be surprised how many people get nice watches as gifts and do not want them. Just make sure to meet them at a reputable authorized retailer of the brand to inspect the watch for authenticity.

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
I know I'm re-posting, but I'd love some help authenticating the Burberry polo and sweater shirt. I have doubts about both. Any info is appreciated.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the weekend.....

Vintage Botany Tweed 3 roll 2 - 46/48 XL (25 pit to pit)

Old Label Burberry SC - 42R

George Chen SC (Kowloon Hong Kong) 44R

Harris Tweed Top Coat 38R-40R

Hickey Freeman Navy Pin Stripe Suit - 44L 38/33

Hickey Freeman Gray Pin Suit - 48XL 43/32

VTG Shell PTB 9.5D?

Foot bed says "Custom - Rich Imperials - Washington - Chevy Chase"

Tweed 3 Pc Suit - 44L 37/31

Willis & Geiger Trench - Large - 26 pit to pit

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, went to the mall for a watch, ended up buy 3 pair of LVC selvedge and a chambray shirt...Pass on a NWT Kiton 7 fold for $40...Yes or no?

BTW, I'm looking for my first real watch. My limit is $500. I've been looking at this Tissot Le Locle...What say ye, gents?

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wa...tone-Textured-Dial-Watch/6486242/product.html

The Le Locle gets a lot of love on Watchuseek for the price. Solid watch, killer prices sometimes.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/thoughts-tissot-794098.html

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real cool design Dolce & Gabbana tie w/ link chain design

Non-pictured due to being cleaned : My SS GIFTS, Uniqlo Blue button up with silk elbow straps, 2 HF Bespoke suits, Rag & Bone straw hat w/ blue banner NWOT
You're welcome for that D&G
mwink[1].gif

I passed on it on the 23rd... I was soooooo close to just buying it though!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the way it looks but I'm not sure about its quality...My boy convinced me that he could hook me up with something baller for just under a grand. We'll see what happens.

If that's the new budget you have broadened your world! I think there are some great quality brands that fly under the radar pretty well, I picked up this Frederique Constant used last year for a pittance compared to MSRP in 2008 and the quality is easily as nice as my Omega. It will never steal the show next to a JLC or PP but it is a true beauty IMHO!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's the new budget you have broadened your world! I think there are some great quality brands that fly under the radar pretty well, I picked up this Frederique Constant used last year for a pittance compared to MSRP in 2008 and the quality is easily as nice as my Omega. It will never steal the show next to a JLC or PP but it is a true beauty IMHO!

Oh wow, love the purple gingham and the blue jacket. I would love me a watch with a clean face and elegant yet simple design such as the one you got. I never thought Omegas look that great. They look bulky and uhhh...Inelegant IMO.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, love the purple gingham and the blue jacket. I would love me a watch with a clean face and elegant yet simple design such as the one you got. I never thought Omegas look that great. They look bulky and uhhh...Inelegant IMO.

Well if you like the Frederique Constant I posted they can be found new for around your budget with a hefty dealer discount or grey market, also check out Stowa or Nomos (Nomos may be too far above your budget. Both of them are also great watches that give more quality at a *comparatively* lower price. Stowas can be found used for around 1K, the Nomos a bit more.

I particularily like the Nomos Orion: (credit Rippen @ WUS)

I own the Ludwig:

And the Stowa Marine:

Last edited:

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know I'm re-posting, but I'd love some help authenticating the Burberry polo and sweater shirt. I have doubts about both. Any info is appreciated.
real

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you like the Frederique Constant I posted they can be found new for around your budget with a hefty dealer discount or grey market, also check out Stowa or Nomos (Nomos may be too far above your budget. Both of them are also great watches that give more quality at a *comparatively* lower price. Stowas can be found used for around 1K, the Nomos a bit more.

I particularily like the Nomos Orion: (credit Rippen @ WUS)

I own the Ludwig:

And the Stowa Marine:

Those are the designs I like. I found this one on Amazon.com. It looks to be heavily discounted.

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Co...56623555&sr=1-22&keywords=Frederique+Constant

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are the designs I like. I found this one on Amazon.com. It looks to be heavily discounted.

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Co...56623555&sr=1-22&keywords=Frederique+Constant

That's a quality automatic however I have no experience with their bracelet offerings... There's many a reputable watch brand that has offered sub par metal bracelets. Not to dissuade you in any way just stating I have no experience.

If you want to do research take a spin around the FC forum on WUS:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f478/

Additionally, if you like the indices, I find the big date dual times (go figure
shog[1].gif
) really attractive too.
http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Co...356624031&sr=1-6&keywords=Frederique+Constant
http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Co...356624031&sr=1-7&keywords=Frederique+Constant

flatspotting

Reaction score

What model FC watch is that? Very nice!!

Shiny

Reaction score
Quiet day in office today so...thrift fit pix!

Ok, just bottom half.

Pants=Zanella flat fronts (from Wes. Thx, man :fonz: )
Shoes=AE Hinsdale (fleabay)
Sox=Pantherella herringbone (70% merino wool) Nordstrom Rack.
Tie=Rubinacci (thrifted by me)

xrossposted to AE thread, but a diff pix over there.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What model FC watch is that? Very nice!!

Thanks! I like it a lot. The watch is from 2008 Frederique Constant Big Date Dual Timezone Automatic
Model: FC-325X3P56

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics