• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Size 40L Corneliani Sport Coat -
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
LINEN SILK BLEND
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Available For $3.50 SHIPPED
FTFY.....this is the thrift thread after all

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
Not much luck, just a pair of braces with the "dollar" signs on the cloth. Stamped "Made in England" on the metal adjusters, I think it's Albert Thurston.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who was the member who dissect clothing to judge tailoring?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who was the member who dissect clothing to judge tailoring?

I joked about it too, but in response to someone who had actually done it. Sorry, don't remember who.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are these shirts still desirable to the SF set?:

Ermenegildo *Su Misura* (Large-ish)
Corneliani Made in Italy (15, 39)

I couldn't remember whether Su Misura was neutral, a step up, or Italian for *your misery*.

ALSO: Big shout-outs to mainy and VLSI for the hook-ups...

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these shirts still desirable to the SF set?:
Ermenegildo *Su Misura* (Large-ish)
Corneliani Made in Italy (15, 39)
I couldn't remember whether Su Misura was neutral, a step up, or Italian for *your misery*.

not gonna make you rich, but worth picking up

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also grabbed an awesome (I **** you not) vintage Tommy Hilfiger red chambray shirt. Stay with me, here: it's got MOP buttons and sewn-in tags indicating a Nieman Marcus exclusive (LOL). I figure it must be from the late 80's, when Hilfiger was a hot new name?

Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also grabbed an awesome (I **** you not) vintage Tommy Hilfiger red chambray shirt. Stay with me, here: it's got MOP buttons and sewn-in tags indicating a Nieman Marcus exclusive (LOL). I figure it must be from the late 80's, when Hilfiger was a hot new name?

:lol: Please post photos when you can. MOP buttons on TH items would be cool to see.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to start working on a thrifted tuxedo today. First piece acquired - Brooks Brothers cummerbund, NWT.

****, it was 99 cents.

Greg613

Reaction score

My Goodwill rant. Goodwill of North Georgia on Saturday removes all the items that are scheduled for the 50% off color of the week and puts them in the back room. Takes a bit of the fun out of bargain shopping. The Goodwills still provide daily entertainment, got a Howard Miller Grandfather clock for $50.00 a couple of weeks back, pretty much perfect condition. And yet the people that price their items ask $50 for a Chinese Prada. 

You sure about that? I occasionally find items with the color of the week, granted these could have been missed. But, it seems like a lot of work for not much gain considering we are talking about items that have been on the shelves for four weeks taking up space and not selling. Or maybe you are only referring to the larger high retail items?

mjt73106

Reaction score
Sweet! So there is a eyeglass store here in Chicago called SEE, does that mean they put their store name on other makers glasses?
Those frames were actually made by Luxottica, who owns Oliver Peoples. Luxottica has almost a monopoly in the high end sunglass / eyeglass production and distribution. (LensCrafters, Pearle Vision and Sunglass Hut, and it has the license to run both Target Optical and Sears Optical. They may own SEE as well.) But they take various production models and scrub the brand from them for various house brands. Google Oliver Peoples Cocos and check out the images - Very similar to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads