1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malistril

Malistril Well-Known Member

didn't even think about that... good thing the providence savers is within a half-hour walk from my house!

2. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

That's awesome. I've been wanting to make something like this for a while now but haven't gotten around to it at all.

3. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I have two of these:

http://www.amazon.com/400LB-Commerc...49992&sr=8-8&keywords=clothing+rack+on+wheels

I'm sure that MZ's was cheaper and likely just as sturdy, but I am not very handy, and so paying $70 and having it delivered was worth it to me. Don't waste money on Walmart-or-equivalent cheapies. They hold virtually nothing and are prone to collapse after a dozen or so dress shirts. You can stuff these puppies with the heaviest tweed overcoats until they can hold no more and you're still good to go.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

Woodstock, GA here. Would like to learn a few tips and share what I know as well. Just PM sometime

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

PSA - Allen Edmonds 2 for $250 closeouts. Not dirt cheap but not too bad either. Cool thing is the nice lady said you could return one free and get money....hence 1 for $125 if you want only one pair.

Been wanting the Strawfut for over a year and figured I'd give the Neumora a shot... really hope these fit as I bought the only close size they had.
    Strawfut - Brown/Linen[​IMG]
    Neumora - Black

6. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

[​IMG]

I made one similar as well for a "pre-staging" area before listing. Great minds must think alike.
    Made of iron threaded pipe about 1-1/2 inch diameter with the proper angle joints and feet. It is indeed sturdy. Mine is 6 feet long and holds a lot of heavy denim, coats and usually i have pile of stuff thrown over the top, had to clear off this side to show it doesnt bend. Best guess is several hundred pounds of clothes. It does sag at times but being threaded nicely, its not going anywhere. I destroyed many of those from Ikea, Walmart and snapped one I had of 2" diameter wood.

7. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

Those are sweet too! I'm gonna have to try one out.

8. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Senior member

A few finds from the last few months... All are available.
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For my SW&D Guys... All available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    7 people like this.
  9. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

There is a KMart not far from me that's going out of business and I know they've starting selling the all of the store fixtures. I was thinking about going by to see if I could find a couple of racks on the cheap. Anyone had any luck with this?

10. DanM

DanM Senior member

I've got something similar from Ikea - the one for my wife held up pretty well, mine was weighed down enough that a screw stripped and one side collapsed. Replaced with some heavier duty screws and all has been good.

11. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

Found today a pair of Polo RL 100% Leather (suede) navy blue pants! I never saw suede leather pants before, only jackets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Charriol belt buckle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Looks like u made it just in time, as the sale ends today I beleive. I put my order in a few days ago, but purchased the strawfut black/black mesh as well. I own the brown/brown version and could not be happier with them come summer months. Very breathable and sleek enough, so I figured I can round out with the black version before they get discontinued again.

Nuemora is a very lightweight dub monk. I have the burnished brown and enjoy that as well. In my experience the nuemoras runs a tad big, with the elongated toe box on that 333 last. I purchased my regular size, but probably could have gone down a half size. Let me know how urs work out.

FYI AE re-released the original dub monk shoe titled MORA today with the new name of Mora 2.0 for any enthusiast who have been hunting ebay or thrifts in hopes of them.

13. LeSacre

LeSacre Senior member

Cherry Popped my size NA

[​IMG]
    Hand attached sleeves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't been posting my RG finds, but they have been plentiful these past few weeks. Here is a taste

There's 4-5 more I haven't taken pics of yet and a few I've already sold and can't find the pics of

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

If any thrifters have or come across a snuff suede belt in the 34ish range, i'd more than gladly take it off your hands.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

16. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. Nell

Nell Senior member

^real, decent pattern too

18. Garasaki

Garasaki Senior member

You guys are gonna kill me, but I actually like some of those RG shirts.

Like the light blue monkeys one. And someone posted the light blue skull and crossbones.

19. marc roberto

marc roberto Senior member

I have seen other Gucci ties that look like this. Why do you think its fake? Also, just my opinion, but the typical fake ties of these brands that I've seen are with the logo and stuff all over the front.

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.