• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus2112

Reaction score

Yeah, I think so. The polo was offered in that era of AE, the catalog number then would have been 8284. Maybe you can get that info before they are sent.

Cross post - from the seller:
Numbers on inside of shoes are: 12 B, 59439, 9, 8284, COMB., 2129.

So shell for sure?? :slayer::slayer::slayer:

They ship out today, so i'll take more and better pics when they get here! :)
-James

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a flipper so I don't care. Note taken about the right label thanks.
Thanks for your reply, you might be right. I can't really tell what exotics look like, I just know that Mezlan does a lot of exotics, and the shoes looked like they might be. I'll check out the insoles tonight.

Btw, I think that the Piatelli label you are looking for is this (neither auction is mine):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320899763375
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390503925907

I don't think that Piatelli has any flip/trade value, so I'd just buy it if I'd wear it myself.

Quote:

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Also wanted to share this real quick. Got this shirt in a trade with Barrel, but it had a stubborn stain on it. Easiest way to get rid of it? Dye the whole thing blue.

This used to be khaki
whatd you use to dye it, Rit or something similar?

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Also wanted to share this real quick. Got this shirt in a trade with Barrel, but it had a stubborn stain on it. Easiest way to get rid of it? Dye the whole thing blue.

This used to be khaki

Good thinking and looks nice. I've only made one attempt at shirt dyeing which turned out pretty decent. I had too many white shirts that I never wear so it solved that problem for one of them.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This used to be khaki

Damn good idea!

Last edited:

yossi

Reaction score

This is a nice haul. I suspect it was held up for review and few saw it, so reposting so it gets its due.

Wow, big +1...and agreed, must have been held up - I read every damn post in this thread and I didn't see this one!  I've never even seen Cantarelli branded Cantarelli, and that Isaia is straight sickness.  Great finds.

Thanks! I think it was held up, yeah, but I, noobishly, started panicking that no one was telling me how cool I was. So that's especially nice to hear, and doubly so coming from you guys.

+1 Wow! Beginner luck!
shog%5B1%5D.gif

LA luck 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Not quite a beginner, so yeah: it's LA. It's confusing. New York is a way better-dressed town, to my eye, but I never had half the luck there I have here.

Nothing glamorous, but I found a few things I like over the weekend, none of it available:

Two made-in-Italy shirts that fit me great:

The Sonrisa name is new to me, but it's a really nice shirt. Looks dingy in the pic, but not in person. (And can't get the $%#$ thing to rotate, apologies.)

Anybody know who makes the made-in-Italy shirts for Barneys?

This thing I love. 100% cashmere, gorgeous gun club check, side vents, spotless, just incredibly soft fabric. Technically not a thrift; I bought it at a hippie vintage store, but I would have happily paid double and it fits me like it was made for me.

The tag I think maybe points to Belvest? Doesn't matter as I don't plan to sell or trade: I plan to wear it weekly.

Randomore

Reaction score
Trunk pic of shoes I found yesterday. All tagged 8.5. Nettletons run large. All available.

Brooks Brothers made in USA loafers

Brooks Brothers made in England bucks.

PRL brand new bucks

Nettletons shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads