1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I have just two things to contribute today. 1. Here is the Etro, the only noteworthy thing in my recent excursion. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    2. I want to pause to observe the irony that I waited weeks until my local was having a sale so I could pic up wool trou for $1 each ... only to spend $60 on detergents today. You're welcome, science.

2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Finds from Saturday:

Don't usually pick up older Zegna however this one is 100% Cashmere. EU 52R
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P2P 23
    shoulder 19
    Waist 22
    Sleeve 23
    Length 31

Corneliani made Polo 100% Cashmere
    [​IMG]
    Didn't notice until I got home that it has some small holes and also spots that had been repaired. Nothing too noticable but also too much of a pain to enumerate. Kind of my size- a little bit but I'd imagine when paired with a sweater underneath this won't be an issue. So I'm keeping.

LV Uniformes Sportcoat. Couple small issues. Really cool fabric- iridescent hopsack-like. I think it is a 39 but no tagged size. Who made this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P2P 21
    Shoulder 17
    Waist 19.5
    Sleeve 24
    Length 30

LV Uniformes Shirt. Has some stains I'm going to try to get out:
    [​IMG]

A big shout out to John Sullivan who I met for the first time on Saturday. He found these next two items but gave them to me as he prefers to only buy his size.

Kiton 16.5 (My first!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P2P 24
    Waist 23
    Sleeve 34
    Brioni Pleated Cotton Pants, 34 x 28
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Waist 17
    Rise 12
    Inseam 28 with 1.5 cuff
    Leg Opening 8.5

Everything but the 'lo available.

EDIT: add LV maker tag

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You.....,must ......adjust.......your........shutter........speed.

4. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Yeah I know. Still haven't figured out all the functions on this camera. Not to mention- end of the day lighting is so hard to get right.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

So....no one has anything to say about this? I thought it was somewhat remarkable, perhaps I was mistaken. [​IMG]

Ok then I'll give you something to talk about. Love the patch pocket pattern matching on this one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Not a thrift fit but a discounted fit (?) Errr...I guess??? [​IMG]

Ain't this a fucking kick in the nuts!

I finally got my NWT Norse Projects Roeldal blazer at 1/3 of the retail price shipped to me. I just got it today and I think this thing doesn't fit right...Apparently, my arms are too big, my back is too wide, and I think the sleeve pitch is all off. I know this is SWnD so it doesn't have to fit like the way MC jackets should but do you guys think the fit is too far off?

I even got a L according to the measurements.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/norse-projects-roeldal-blazer.html

Buttoned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Unbuttoned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's an ok fit for a SWnD jacket. Shit, I think I need to lose another 10 lbs. to fit it better. [​IMG]

Oh yeah, please excuse the ugly ass green gym tank top. [​IMG]

7. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

We all think it's remarkable we're all just as clueless as you are to what it is. :D

1 person likes this.
  8. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Sorry... That jacket doesn't fit. At all. You would, seriously, be better off in a Stafford jacket that fit. You should not buy clothing that does not fit. If you buy clothing online that does not fit, then you should return it. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not plan on losing weight or gaining weight or stretching yourself in a medieval rack--if it does not fit, and that jacket does not fit, send it back. I understand that I may be old and in the way and that such get-ups might be all the rage amongst Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks or whatever it is they call folks who wear clothes that don't fit these days..

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]
    Anyone here know any serious car collectors on the East Coast? My high school on the Eastern Shore of MD is selling two trucks to help the school stay open.

1935 International C35 1.5 ton truck
    1935 International C30 Oil Tanker

Both are restored, running and fully operational. Have been owned and garage kept by my best friends grandfather as long as I can remember.

PM me if you know someone who might be interested.

10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Looks too tight in the back and chest but too big in the shoulders? I'd return it. Even if you did loose weight it probably wouldn't look good. No offense! If it is indeed too big in the shoulders you should check out engineered garments. I have narrow shoulders for chest size and their stuff works for me. Same kind of high button stance boxy fit that our legacy does.

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Yeah, it's too tight especially in the back. I don't think the shoulders are too big. It's just the arms are way too tight so the sleeve pitch is off therefore pulling the shoulders forward. I think I'm going to put it on BnS to cover my cost...Anyone looking for a NWT Norse Project jacket in a 40? [​IMG]
    That's the problem with buying clothes online. Even with measurements provided, you won't know how the hell it's going to fit you until you've gotten it. I'm seriously thinking about just selling it on BnS or eBay...

12. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

This is the greatest thing pretty much ever
    Also barrel please give me the jacket can proxy big bootie women with gypsy cleavage

13. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.

14. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Dip dye your hair and wear a pastel crop top

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Wooden, steam-powered D-in-a-box.

1 person likes this.
  16. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

[​IMG]
    Can't wait to see this. wear a bow tie for pnutplug. [​IMG]

17. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Senior member

Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
    All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
    I'm assuming that they must of came from the flagship store in Sydney.
    I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).

18. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

If you're buying them to flip, you may have trouble selling them with their tags missing. How would you prove authenticity? Anything your size, I would grab.

You might want to get onto the Australian Members thread and ask the members there if anyone's interested. I think there's a few guys there in that size range.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  19. bboowwyy

bboowwyy Senior member

Yep good idea. Probably won't have much luck flipping without the tags. I'll ask if anyones interested before I go back to the shop.

20. eazye

eazye Senior member

It looks to have a fair amount of handwork, plus cashmere and made in England? Like my grandpa used to say, "that's a toughie". Also, why u no 38R???? :fu: :fu: :fu: edit: ^^^^ that comment was for the CD, not sure why the picture disappeared.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.