The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Quote:
    Okay, I'm confused. I know this was covered earlier, but can you elaborate? Here's what I found:
    [​IMG]

And there were a few of these that I left (I think it was actually a slightly different older looking label, but very similar):
    [​IMG]

I thought this was the best and was a never-leave:
    [​IMG]

?

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ You're right on track. The label you picked up is the current Collezioni label. Decent, but not crazy. Bottom label is current black label/mainline. High quality and very expensive at retail.

Loved this book when I was little! Forgot all about it till I saw that picture. Haha!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

3. catside

catside Senior member

:inlove:

That's a good price!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Awesome tie. But I bought that same design on sale and flipped it in the summer of '10. :)

DUDE. You know what to do and who to PM once you do. Srs.

Spoo <---[​IMG]

Looks like someone did a shitty job letting the sleeves down, is that right? Are they 26.5"?

5. 46n2

46n2 Senior member

Got these Fratelli Rossetti's today...I don't know how to tell if they are real alligator or what. Anyone know how to tell? Call in Spoominator ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Huh....I hope they were overpriced or beat up....

Wow! That Oxxford and Brioni..... :slayer:

Love that pattern!

Excellent haul, as always!!

:drool:

7. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Stained Hermes on the left: Tie Crafters candidate or lost cause?

[​IMG]

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

The Nostalgia Movie Critic! I use to watch his videos!

Yeah, the Brioni pants had some major stains on the lining and I didn't want to mess with it. The Jil Sanders shirt was really worn out. I also passed on some Corn jacket that was unvented.

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

OK, boys. Here we go. (40R dudes: You're going to want to get at me. And then be patient as I crumble under the flood of PMs) 7+ stores today (lost count). Several hundred dollars spent. Then again, several firsts/lifers. So... Up first, a handful of squares. All hand-rolled, no name brands. Likely keeping. [​IMG] Next: Ties Ricci, Ricci, Zegna textured (I'd say grenadine, but I know I'd be wrong), NWT Vineyard Vines -- All available [​IMG] Charvet, Gucci, Hermes and in the front: UNLINED, SKINNY, VINTAGE BRIONI in midnight blue tonic with silver dots -- All available [​IMG] Woven silk (I think?), Zegna (KEEPING THESE) [​IMG] Shoes: I don't always buy Cole Hahns... [​IMG] But when I do, they're mint condition suede, USA made with welted and sewn sole. (8D, though, so available -- preferably to trade for suede in my size) [​IMG] Shirts: Jcrew Haberdash, Paul Smith, Brioni [​IMG] Harvie & Hudson tux, Charvet NWOT, BBGF, BB purple label [​IMG] The flat front trousers: NWT PRL (thought they were Italy, they're not; they're Malaysia. :( So keeping). Zegna super recent, RLPL black cords, Canali, Tom James (keeping), Hiltl (likely keeping) [​IMG] But GMMcL: Does it get better? Sure. Suits: Corneliani (from earlier in the week), PRL by Corneliani (exploring trade now, so temporarily unavailable) and .... [​IMG]
    [​IMG] But freaked if it isn't 40R (50R EU). So wish it were my size. Look at the lining on the Corneliani: [​IMG] Again, this is 40R
    But GMMcL: Does it get BETTER? Eff you. But yes. Sport coats: Boglioli, Brooks Bros Made in Italy, mystery guest [​IMG] But GMMcL: Does it GET BETTER?
    Brooks Bros is dual vented, ticket pocket, throat latch AND LORO PIANA FABRIC [​IMG] AND Boglioli is cashmere blend. [​IMG]
    BUT GMMcL: DOES IT GET BETTER??
    [​IMG] 100% hand-made. I've never seen this much handwork. Feels like cashmere, too, though there is no material tag (not surprisingly). Very good condtion, though a few of the seams need attention. Fits like a 42R. But it's not my style, so available.
    Oh yeah: And a case of CFL lights for less than $0.50 per bulb. Should have bought 3 cases. [​IMG] So, on my "found by me in the wild at prices I'd be willing to pay" life list I've done: Zegna higher end (su misura, etc.), Brioni, Loro Piana (hey, it was a women's polo but it freaking counts!), RLPL, Attolini, and now true Savile Row and Isaia. Hey Kiton: I'm coming for YOU! [​IMG] Edit: The passes were many and varied -- mostly due to price. But I did see alligator belts for the first time. Three of them. One of which was Trafalgar. But the store knew what it had and priced accordingly.

10. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

A something is better than nothing day. Excellent condition,15 1/2-33 and available.

[​IMG]

11. WiseguyMMIV

WiseguyMMIV Member

Ralph Lauren black peak lapel tuxedo jacket that looks like it was never worn, in my size. No alterations required. $6.75.

12. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

& Son?

Does MsSpoo have a say in this? :lurk:

13. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

First GMMcL, wow. Second, I have a PRL tie with EXACTLY the pattern I that Ricci, just diff colors. Are they associates companies?

14. Randy

Randy Senior member

15. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

Double-post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.