• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top and bottom seem to be 2 different outfits

Lol, yeah, I took a chance on wearing a DB with jeans...Not going to do that again, EVER!

Looks like someone used another stupid plastic hang-tag here at some point.
ffffuuuu.gif

Hey Nataku, can I borrow a hanky to blow my nose?
biggrin.gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So almost didn't get out today. So glad I went with the "well I'm up, I might as well get out" state of mind.
Started the day off right:
Cool North Face outerwear. Steep Tech designed by Scot Schmidt

First pocket squares found. Ever. In 10+ years, these are literally the first pocket squares I've ever found. Scoured the women's scarves all the time and nothing. These were hung on pants hangers and destined for the linens section! They must have thought they were nice napkins!
laugh.gif
They are all NWOT.
The day just gets better:

ffffuuuu.gif

Ties!

And the pièce de résistance. First picture is awful. Tried a few times and comes out the same. I've come to the conclusion that I need a new camera.
Pretty recent. Super 120s fabric.

Awesome finds! Love that Etro!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope there's at least a bit of truth in this...
frown.gif

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Max out unemployment benefits while doing ebay until you get back on your feet?

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts today

Armani Collezioni

Borrelli

Canali

Loro Piana

PS Paul Smith

Prada

Also left a seersucker Bergdorf Goodman shirt. Also, I will PM anybody that asked for a proxy on the socks.

Towers

Reaction score

So almost didn't get out today. So glad I went with the "well I'm up, I might as well get out" state of mind.

First pocket squares found. Ever. In 10+ years, these are literally the first pocket squares I've ever found. Scoured the women's scarves all the time and nothing. These were hung on pants hangers and destined for the linens section! They must have thought they were nice napkins! :laugh: They are all NWOT.

Looks like someone used another stupid plastic hang-tag here at some point. :fu:

Ties!

And the pièce de résistance. First picture is awful. Tried a few times and comes out the same. I've come to the conclusion that I need a new camera.

I will double your money on those pocket squares RIGHT NOW.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

:D

Rayxlui: Wow. Just wow. PM sent. :)

I hope there's at least a bit of truth in this...:(

Sorry to hear the bad news. I can tell you from personal experience though, there is a lot of truth in that. I was laid off this past March. Since then, I've had time to clear my mind, spend more time with my family, get projects done around the house, thrift and had new job opportunities open up for me. Plus, I didn't have to fight anyone for vacation time for going to Japan or going to visit my wife's family for Christmas. :D

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Trying to stay consistent on my stops. Learning a few tricks so it doesn't take me forever to go through things. Found this ladies Tag Watch that I quickly placed on eBay. Paid thrift prices. Interested to see how we'll it does.

http://www.ebay.com......
spam[1].gif
Keep this up and you're not going to fnd any love in this thread. Just and FYI

Quote:
Uniform tag + machine washable = poly or some poly blend.
Grab the matches and click play

Quote: Or one size bigger....

First pocket squares found. Ever. In 10+ years, these are literally the first pocket squares I've ever found. Scoured the women's scarves all the time and nothing. These were hung on pants hangers and destined for the linens section! They must have thought they were nice napkins!
laugh.gif
They are all NWOT.

ffffuuuu.gif

Ties!

Awesome PS haul!!!! SOO want the crown...too gaudy? lol. Seriously want these (I mentioned them a few months back) like no other....http://www.ebay.com/itm/110979572572
drool.gif

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score

1) Those pocket squares are incredible. I have never found anything beyond the occasional fake cardboard ones in some jackets...lol
2) That suit
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news. I can tell you from personal experience though, there is a lot of truth in that. I was laid off this past March. Since then, I've had time to clear my mind, spend more time with my family, get projects done around the house, thrift and had new job opportunities open up for me. Plus, I didn't have to fight anyone for vacation time for going to Japan or going to visit my wife's family for Christmas.
biggrin.gif
I'll probably be thrifting a great deal less (not that I've been out much lately anyway). It would be fun to travel for a bit, haven't really gone on a vacation for awhile...

I hope everything works out. Use this time wisely though.
Will do. Gonna spend the next day or so taking care of some financials and what not, polish up the resume and get out there. Going to head up to Boston (watch out typhoid jones!)

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Max out unemployment benefits while doing ebay until you get back on your feet?
I'll probably throw up a few more auctions than originally planned, got ass-loads of ties, some shirts, skeet blankets, etc.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
was looking to keep that more on the hobby level, have an auction every so often. but i will probably be downsizing to get some needed cash while i'm in limbo, so i suppose so.

Best of luck to you. It may definitely not feel like it now, but take the opportunity to move towards a brighter future. I am sorry to hear about it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If thats a 15.5/34-35 PM me.

was looking to keep that more on the hobby level, have an auction every so often. but i will probably be downsizing to get some needed cash while i'm in limbo, so i suppose so. 

Best of luck man. Use the time well to enjoy things that you ordinarily take for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads