• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I passed on but thought was curious just from the tags. Was a nice heavy coat - double breasted unvented....

Usually Lord & Taylor isn't really known for selling high quality suits. I pass on them all the time. I did picked up 2 of their shirts. They are okish.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recognize the logo on this Marinella tie I found this weekend?

Last edited:

lastdonb

Reaction score
Wow, stay off through the Thanksgiving holiday and there are mega finds......too many to mention. Just Wow.

Went to a couple of GW over the weekend, found my first Aldens, not just any old Aldens, but fraternal twin Aldens:

Cape Cod collection, Burgundy and Congac, both 9D, must have been factory returns, little to no wear. I wear a 9½C and these are very very tight. Being listed on the bay, but available. Must be factory return/defects, the burgundy pair has an FD stamped on the sole, also, the logos have been removed or covered up.

Burgundy 9D Cognac 9D

Congac

A recent HSM navy blazer 44S (available)

PTP 23 Sleeve 24 Shoulder 19½ length BOC 30:

Pretty interesting non clothes find, a new without box
Tramontina 9-qt. Professional Chafing Dish with an extra food pan

available for your holiday party needs.........(shipping is around $28)

http://www.amazon.com/Tramontina-9-qt-Professional-Chafing-Dish/dp/B000ZMFDLO

Last edited:

guyver00

Reaction score
Finally went to the thrift stores around my house after almost 2 months of not thrifing. Saw this and made me crack:

Then I saw 2 Polo shirts, same size and interesting colours, but not what i want so I just left them. Do they do good on Ebay? I can proxy.

But here are some of my best finds:

2 Richard James shirt, size 16, possible for trade

BB non-iron shirt, available

Best for last, black SC

Anyone know what is this Joyce store? Debating whether I should trade or consign for some $$

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally went to the thrift stores around my house after almost 2 months of not thrifing. Saw this and made me crack:

Best for last, black SC

Anyone know what is this Joyce store? Debating whether I should trade or consign for some $$

HAHAHAHAHA @ DanHill.

Consignment $$$ for that Joyce Isaia!!!

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My return to thrifting after thanksgiving produced these three shirts, all available:

Thomas Pink 15.5-34, Borrelli 16, Steven Alan L

Had to leave behind a beautiful cornelani double breasted that was orphaned.

With all this Marshalls/Tj's talk going on earlier in the day I decided to stop in. So much nice stuff, Tons of Vince, a lot of black label and purple label. All pretty expensive though. Happened upon these sweet NSW Raw Selvedge Jeans for me

Retail:

What I paid:
:slayer:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over 10 shops in three days revealed NADA. I am picky but still.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stopped at 1 store on the way home last night
gDTGp.jpg

7BJ6a.jpg

dem aldenz! 9D too
$4.99
Oh, if anybody is a 17.5 and wants some cool (vivid) shirtings at a very reasonable cost, please PM me
Are you sure it's Alden? I don't remember if they use the combination last sizing on BB ones or not.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
I knew that logo looked familiar...it's the logo for the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City. My brother lived in SLC for over 20 years and when he passed from cancer several years ago we held his celebration of life at the Huntsman.

http://www.huntsmancancer.org/

Does anyone recognize the logo on this Marinella tie I found this weekend?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thank you, Mercuryman, for the information. Condolences on your brother. Even though it's been years, as you say, I know how it feels when the memories of loved ones lost to cancer get dredged up.

I've heard good things about the work done at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I will make a donation and wear the tie proudly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads