The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

As a Falcons fan, I know the feeling of being let down by Petrino. As also a UGA fan and knowing y'all got Petrino to dump the Falcons in the middle of the season, I can't help but say

[​IMG]

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

But also Fray, Finnamore, Borrelli, etc.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

5. Towers

Towers Senior member

My Fray is okay, not breathtaking. I wouldn't put it on the level of the Kiton and Hermes in the trades thread.

6. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

are they higher then say, loro piana, Luciano barbera?

There's so many. I'm just curious what's the TOP...and perhaps what makes them so much better?

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Wasnt going to.... but couldn't help myself and went out to the only store within a half hour drive which was a Savers. 50% off the old color and 25% off everything else in the store.... Wasnt that busy really. Didnt get there till around noon though.

SORRY IN ADVANCE SPOO [​IMG]

Not too bad a start. Usually dont flip through the short sleeve stuff but after the below stuff was found (and this was the only store I was going to) figured I should spend the 2 minutes and do it. Came away with these two. Not 100% convinced the 1st one is real [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Couple pair of pants.The first pair is very well made, lots of the same details as Incotex and tag looks similar, but made in Italy???

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A few long sleeve shirts

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

OH YEAH!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

And at two prob orphan jackets but wasnt leaving them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. suited

suited Senior member

Thx for the previous comments in regard to the pic I posted - I think my issue when during my first haul or two was knowing what not to buy. I've been fortunate enough to get rid of 90% of that stuff at a small profit, but I still have a few pieces that I'm hoping will be gone soon....so if anyone is interested in a bright salmon paul fredrick blazer or a christian dior monseiur SC, just let me know. The Dior actually has a couple of followers, so I'm hoping one of them will act soon.

Can't complain today - 3 oxxfords and the Brioni, although the oxxford suit is a bit dated. The last HF is a tweed, and the pants are Canali. I haven't sized anything yet except the Brioni which I will probably end up keeping, and I might keep a couple ties, and a couple of the SCs in addition to the Brioni.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. suited

suited Senior member

Thanks!

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Brian and suited, great hauls! I'm glad you guys were able to pick up such great finds during what appears to be a crazy time period!

Re that Prada, I don't have the best eye, but it looks like most of the Prada I've picked up that has the red rubber tag on the front. I don't know whether it helps, but if I suspect a fake, I check the stitching pattern on small tags, such as the size tag. It's fairly easy to do those pretty crooked and most of the legit items I've had in my possession do a pretty good job of lining up a stack of tags, even the smallest top tags. Not a very scientific approach, but it helps me make a quick decision if I'm at a store.

Secret Santa Announcement
    Just wanted to remind everyone that there is less than two weeks to find, pack and send your items! I know some have already sent and received their things, so props go to those that are so organized and efficient to get things sent. We'd all appreciate seeing what you receive, so if you wouldn't mind posting a photo of your goods (if you haven't already), it would really be great! I was also thinking that we could all post photos on/around/near the same date and repost photos if you have already done so. I thought around the 14th as it's a Friday and most should have received their packages by that day. Let me know if you have feedback on that.

Also, and this is important, please let me know via PM when you receive your secret santa gift. Some have messaged me and I really appreciate is as I'm keeping a list of who has received something. If, in the end, you haven't gotten anything, I can get in contact with your secret santa.

On the same note, if you can't get your gift out in time or you won't be able to find something, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! If it's due to a lack of time, I'm sure I can help out by contacting others that might have things lying around that they're willing to proxy. Worst case scenario, you can email a gift card to your secret santa for $20. If you are having trouble paying for gifts/shipping, again, let me know and I'm definitely willing to help you out! I know holidays can be stressful in both time and money management, so if there are any issues, I'm willing to help out in any way that I can!

I haven't been able to get out in awhile, so I'm living vicariously through you guys! I can only offer up a few pictures of the Christmas markets/decorations that have gone up in the city center. Spoiler contains nothing about thrifting, so feel free to ignore it!

Every year, they hang rows and rows of full sized Christmas trees upside down along the main street in the city center. I always wait for it and have quite a few pictures from it each year. This is a terrible picture from this year. It extends down the entire length of the street.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

+1 on Borrelli. Biggest MOPs I've seen on shirts!

Yes, 40S this way, please!

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

DAMMIT! I just realized the the tie I passed 2, 3 weeks ago at NM Last Call that says "VC" on was Isaia!!! [​IMG]

It was only $20 or so!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thought you guys might appreciate this, came in from a consignor yesterday...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.