• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm voting for: that's the god damned coolest sweater I've ever seen. Except for the fact that it isn't. But that's besides the point. Enjoy your turkey today boys. An go COWBOYS!!!
Yeah, sorry. I can't get behind it either. Sorry, dude.
This describes my family.
There's lots of THIS kind of thing on facebook right now.
Dig, you da bomb. Happy turkey day all arount Edit: also, my fam is red sox pats vs yanks giants, so I feel you. My issue is who to root against in this game. Not a fan of either. Sorry.
On f*cking Long Island for the holiday to see fam. Will be back to normal thrifitng action Saturday.
Apologies in advance to Spoo, but I'd rather commit hari kari. So sorry bro. Then again, you're well prepared: after all, you live in Jersey. Ok, that was 2x rude. Muse be the scotch. Sorry, dudes!
The number of CT/NY thrifters on this board, no wonder I don't find anything :fence: [COLOR=FF00AA]Happy Turkey day.[/COLOR]
Yeah, nfs. Mofos need to get off my mothertrucking lawn.
Happy thanksgiving everyone. We of all people have LOTS to be thankful for.
+1000000 Enjoy the day dudes! Here's my tday fit. Whitebalance off jacket is beige with rust and navy micro houndstooth. Also, add a madder square. Pretty sure the consensus will be I should have gone gray flannel trou and suede shoes. But I was told that was too formal for a family gathering. So this is what we've got.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanksgiving boring thrift fit, side note **** refs that game was rigged

j crew cotton sweater ebay $10
lands end tailored fit cutaway $12
pants j crew urban slim $10 ebay
mocs minnetonka thrifted $5

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it got missed in the earlier discussion...so though probably quite a few of you guys are like meh....since
I'm a vintage head and really appreciate one offs, this to me is truly an amazing find. It is all hand painted, obviously
by some one with great talent. It does have a couple patches, beat up, but still amazing in my book.
Posting pics in full for those who missed it.

This is so damn ugly but I can't seems to keep my eyes off of it just like a butherface with a round booty!
ffffuuuu.gif

Randy

Reaction score

Great outfit. Your pants may be an inch too short, but you can get away with that at this point. (If you were well into middle age like, ahem, the statute of limitations would have already expired for that.) Looks good!

Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool, didn't know they made minnetonkas for males

tnphelps

Reaction score

Found these two items last night at a local thrift/cosignment store. Hugo Boss Blazer and Etro shirt. Both in great condition. Keepers for me...Shirt has a strange cloverleaf pattern but will probably work with a rocker look. I am an ex professional musician. Total Cost $60. Local Goodwills had nothing...Same store had a $1500 Paul Smith Suit with tags still on it for $300 but it was a regular and I am a short. Wanted that suit..

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Out of a lot of things I am thankful for (wonderful wife and family, good health, etc), I'm very thankful for this amazing community of like-minded individuals to help remind me I'm not alone in this crazy hobby that is thrifting.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good lord, E, that is a kickass look! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thanks Randy. My grandfather was here when I showed up, and he said "that's what we used to dress like in the 40's" , :crackup:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Out of a lot of things I am thankful for (wonderful wife and family, good health, etc), I'm very thankful for this amazing community of like-minded individuals to help remind me I'm not alone in this crazy hobby that is thrifting.

Here here!!!!!! +10000000000000000

Randomore

Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving guys. Enjoy your family however annoying they may be, its the only one you have.

guyver00

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to our southern neighbors. Enjoy your quality time with family and friends.

DeadBoy

Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turkey day thrift fit. Well, none of these items were thrifted but they were bought on discount.

Jacket: Levi's
Shirt: Levi's chambray western shirt
Jeans: Naked n Famous Elephant 2 Selvedge Raw
Hat: Giants New Era wool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads