• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nataku, those are super **** yes awesome

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way...what is going on around here? Why is everyone so sensitive.

I'm guessing no holidays bonuses this year?

Saw a Rag & Bone Hand Tailored sportcoat at Nordstrom Rack yesterday. Gray flannel, made by Martin Greenfield. Passed because it was around $100. Is that sort of thing desirable?

OMG! Go kop now!!! If it fits you, even better!

Check out this piece of awesomeness

That is a beautiful shade!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunn & Co Harris Tweed, 38R

Shoulders: 18
Chest: 21
Waist: 20
Length: 28.75
Sleeves: 23.75

OMG! Dibs! Come to papa!
devil.gif

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Cap,

I use to live one block away from tottenham court road. That's pretty cool, mate!!

acosbysweater

Reaction score
NAT, MY MAN.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Shout out to ATLJon for the USMA/West Point wool hoodie. Needs some slimming, but it's awesome.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unvented jackets look quite good on men who are in good shape.

GM-H

Reaction score
Stuff i picked up over the last two weeks. Everything fits so N/A

Zegna (MTM i think) Double vent, pick stitching everywhere

Zegna (made for same guy). Cashmere, ventless :(

Yale Co-op Harris Tweed. Single vent, no darts, 3/2

Polo cardi

Turnbull & Asser bow tie

NWT Vineyard Vines polo

CesarC

Reaction score
Holy hell, I've just caught up on the last WEEK of posts in one multiple-hour session
dozingoff.gif

To all of the *amazing* finds recently,
fing02[1].gif

To everyone being strangely touchy,
plain.gif

Brian, that azure paisley tie is wonderful! Love me some bright blues. (Tie trade? I got stuffs.)
Ruben, that smoking jacket is baller! WANT! PM sent.

+2

Also, happy belated birthday to GMMcL ! On that note, I'd like to send some shout-outs, especially since it will soon be the day of giving thanks...

• GMMcL for a good trade, and tonylumpkin for the lovely Hanover shell saddles (from his sick shoe haul several days ago) that I'll be wearing for the holiday tomorrow.

• Shiny -- thanks so much for hooking me up with that wine-colored flowery Zegna tie way back. Wore it for the first time recently, to the orchestra, wearing a newly-acquired navy Corneliani blazer from Brianpore. Some kickass buttons on that one! So wonderful. Have some pics, but am wayyy too behind on sorting and getting all my pics in order. (I still have to send you some stuff, Brian, but I am *not* your secret santa.)

• HansderHund and Tben for being standup dudes and giving a bro some pointers.

As an aside, I'm not sure if it's a sort of in-joke or some tongue-in-cheek irony, but why do people always mis-type Hans' handle? Hans - der - Hund --> HansderHund . It seems that s tends to wander here and there. Hans is such a good sport that he would probably never point this out, and of course all of this could also be in jest, but I can't. tell.

------------------------
As for actual contributions on my behalf, I do have some things accumulated slowly over the past few weeks when I go out for myself and for my secret santa recipient (and to proxy for some...). I picked up some more Robert Talbott and Rooster, including a nice navy knit. I also managed to pick up some awesomely thick houndstooth tweed trousers for myself and purple snakeskin pumps and matching handbag (though from different makers) for the gf
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. Also picked up grey flannel blazer with leather-buttons, vintage Evan Picone (I know, I know, but it seemed not terrible), also for the gf. Oh, and grey NWT Faconnable 31 that I'm keeping (unless someone convinces me otherwise). Some other stuff also, but either not noteworthy or for the secret santa potlatch. I was planning on taking pics and such, but gah, the time it takes to do such things.... Will do so eventually; at least before I send stuff off for the potlatch, so I can archive my finds.

Last edited:

CesarC

Reaction score
I myself prefer unvented for many styles, as it flatters my body well. Vents have a tendency to cause gapping on me, especially bad with double-vents in a light-weight fabric on a fitted jacket. For slim-fitted jackets in particular, unvented can look quite good, IMO better than double-vented. Of course this depends on the build -- I am pretty slim and athletically built.

Unvented jackets look quite good on men who are in good shape.

staxringold

Reaction score

A bike mechanic? You are doing God's work. Seriously. We'd all be better off with more good bike mechanics and fewer crafty lawyers. People who fix bikes or cars or sinks or airplanes are actually doing something, which can't be said for a lot of other folks. I imagine your time spent in meetings is minimal.

Is in law school... :(

Grabbed a nice PRL tie for myself.

Left a cotton plaid PRL tie. Christmassy so I thought about kopping but nah. Saw several Canali shirts at 9.50 a pop. Would've grabbed for myself, but not to flip. One fray sportswear one, a nice sportswear one my size but a meh pattern, and a straight blue. The big heartbreaker was an older label (but new looking) BB GF suit. Would've snagged for myself, but just 1-2 sizes too small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics