• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Leather

Reaction score

^^ Could be related to the inevitable yearly reunion with the in laws looming in the not-so-distant future (tomorrow).
:laugh:
It would be nice if I actually published such a sought-after book. That's just the end-product of Randy's Photoshop handywork.
Another great haul! I've only seen Caruso labeled stuff at NMLC here. Really nice stuff!

I could have sworn I picked up a copy of that book though last time I was in the Cities.

Yeah, I'm looking at it now... Has a page titled "Best Stores in St. Paul", and gives the directions "Get on the I-94 E. Drive 257 miles"
Did you write that?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, seriously? Wow. Nah, wasn't me but I sure hope there aren't any thrift/discount stores mentioned in there. :devil:

Oh man, I love that look of that denim up close in those pics - and that top button, just come on!  So cool! 

Oh these are absolutely insane. Now that I'm home and got a better look at them and tried them on, they blow my Sugar Canes out of the water. The fly buttons actually have the finger print lines pressed into them from the guy pressing them on. Hand hammered rivets. Denim pockets. Etc.

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once Concealed check those guys and make sure they are still there, maybe we can do a thriftthread group buy.

Vintage Leather

Reaction score

Haha, seriously? Wow. Nah, wasn't me but I sure hope there aren't any thrift/discount stores mentioned in there. :devil:
Oh these are absolutely insane. Now that I'm home and got a better look at them and tried them on, they blow my Sugar Canes out of the water. The fly buttons actually have the finger print lines pressed into them from the guy pressing them on. Hand hammered rivets. Denim pockets. Etc.

Those are amazing denim.

The directions I gave will take you to Wisconsin. The Board of Tourism guide recommend "charming shops and boutiques" along Hennepin, and other consignment/antique shops. Unless you are making the hunnits selling 30 year old women's clothing, I think you are safe!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is stuff from two stores, nothing great, just a couple of stop-ins.

NWT Samuelsohn Brown Cashmere Tie

The lady at the checkout line told me these came in new, but I don't believe her.
Dr. Marten Original Made in England Size 11

Skeet Blankets.

2 Pair Limited Edition Trafalgar Braces -Santa (Great for the Season) and Golfer

Trafalgar Braces

Armani on the Bottom Size 34
Bills M2 on Top Size 34

Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto Size XL

Burberry Polo Size L

I think all of this stuff is available.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Hit up the good Marshall's that I know of in OC. They had 2 of those tweed PRL coats that were posted here the other day, I think they were 46R and 44L. Thoughts raced through my head of getting both and Voltron-ing them into something that'd fit me. Then I snapped out of it (must find some good big guy tweed this fall). 0 panther socks to be had there. They did, however, have some Billy Reid ties for $29 a piece, one of which is still calling my name... Thrifts have been ****** lately, but that's ok, I need to sell everything here anyway.

Also excuse the **** picture but...Is this too busy? (I know, I know, wear a blue solid, but this Zegna is nice!) Wish the V wasn't so deep.

Also... Found this great rotating napkin/book/dvd holder. Proxy anyone?
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

flatspotting

Reaction score
Haha, seriously? Wow. Nah, wasn't me but I sure hope there aren't any thrift/discount stores mentioned in there.
devil.gif

Thats super cool about the buttons showing the finger print... I think I might have to get some denim from them, and denim pockets too... I don't even know if I've seen that before.

Why couldn't you be really skinny, or short, or something so you didnt fit them :p

highlifeman

Reaction score
These past two week's are by far the busiest of the year for me at work, so I haven't been thrifting in a while. However, I did get some packages in the mail the other day, HUGE shout to Highlifeman for hooking me up with some pristine antique J Press charcoal flannel trousers on the cheap!!!! Got them back from the cleaners today, fit pic below. I also received my Secret Santa Thriftmas present from LooknGr8, a grip of ties to go along with a vintage BB DB blazer and topcoat. Thanks man, you rock!!!!!
So, since I snagged these J press trousers from 1966, I thought I'd mate them with this J Press tweed sack jacket that I picked up last year, but have yet to wear, as I think the sleeves need to be let down a smidgen. I've also been itching to try out this Allen Flusser made in Scotland fair isle sweater, pared with my go-to BB non lined collar OCBD, Lands End green,silk knit tie, and AE Dalton's. Sorry for the disheveled sweater/shirt/tie appearance, I threw this outfit on in a hurry. Now, back to work with me.
cloud.gif

Man those are awesome.....don't really need any more jeans but for some reason I really want a pair of these...doesn't look like they have any sales or pricing info on their site that I could see...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats super cool about the buttons showing the finger print... I think I might have to get some denim from them, and denim pockets too... I don't even know if I've seen that before.  

Man those are awesome.....don't really need any more jeans but for some reason I really want a pair of these...doesn't look like they have any sales or pricing info on their site that I could see...

From what I could find, they retail about $280. Definitely worth the bread, these things are insanely well made. They have a phone # listed as well as their shop address if you Google the name. Maybe you can call them and ask some questions about fits and stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads