1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Those Supras would be pretty cool if you could paint them white and still maintain that slight waffle effect or whatever is going on up there...

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Also, guys, c'mon -- in a show where people bite it routinely, just posting character names is a big spoiler.

3. messenger309

messenger309 Well-Known Member

The good thing about having read the books years ago is...

:)

1 person likes this.
  4. AHS

AHS Senior member

Hope this makes up for my badly stained Tom Ford tie from this morning.

Five pairs of shoes -- found in about five minutes.

J. M. Weston Suede

[​IMG]

Gucci Loafers

[​IMG]

Stefanobi
    [​IMG]

Lidfort for Barney's suede monks

[​IMG]

Alden for Brooks

[​IMG]

Condition nicer than my quick iphone shots show. :D

Will take them home this evening for a little TLC: shoe trees and saphir products.

AHS

5. aglose

aglose Senior member

I will see your lame jacket and raise you,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Matching hand made tweed scarf and hat!

I also picked up some black Hanover loafers, but made a colossal rookie mistake :(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  6. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Me too, it's awesome.

Speaking of RL, shout out to user Tyrone MacStiophain for hooking it up with a nice RL madras for summertime. [​IMG]

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

• J. Crew Repp Polo.
    • Brooks Brothers cotton V neck sweatshirt.

[​IMG]

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:eh: Dig, should we be concerned?

[​IMG]

BOOM! What's minty fresh, minty slim, fits, and is runway-style awesome? (Click spoilers to find out now!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BOOM! What's 39R, slim, wool and acrylic and might be available for proxy? (Click spoilers for this info and more!).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BOOM! What's un-tucked, un-hemmed, and generally disheveled?

Me when I go thrifting.

9. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Here was today's trip out. Sorry the photos arent the greatest...

Minty pale yellow Brooks Bros No Iron Button Down (15.5 34/35):

[​IMG]

Brooks Bros Button Down (15.5 32/33):
    [​IMG]

Old J Crew (M)
    [​IMG]

Thomas Pink Spread Collar (16.5 36):
    [​IMG]

Polo Black Watch Trousers (quick measure says 34):
    [​IMG]

Huntington Black Watch (Probably new? Very minty, tagged 44):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am not sure about these, not something I see myself wearing, but for 50c thought I might as well pick them up. Both are showing a bit of wear where they would knot. Do people wear these ties??
    Paul Stuart weird crochet knit square ends tie:
    [​IMG]

JPress silk/bemberg crochet square end tie:
    [​IMG]

10. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

That is a truly great haul, and from the angle of the shot, those MacNeils look like they could be shell. Are they? Also digging the whale tie.

11. Jowen

Jowen Senior member

Thanks! I love the whale tie and the duck shirt (so much so that I am actually considering getting a PRL shirt tailored to fit)...I wish the MacNeils were shell, but they are just regular cow. I have no luck with finding shell, I am constantly amazed at the consistent shell cordovan finds...either I need to get out more or they just aren't that popular in my area.

12. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

More pics of yesterdays finds. Pics are from my phone so not the best.

Concerning the Ralph Lauren Collection jacket thanks LeSacre. Its content tags are like that of purple label and well they are purple haha. [​IMG]

BB seersucker suit 40R/34W (available)
    [​IMG]

Paul Stuart tux shirt size 15 (requires 3 studs), 2 old BB Makers made in the US size 16, Polo Country shirt size S (all available)
    [​IMG]

Acne Jeans,Acne Studio,RRL (none available)
    [​IMG]

Corneliani made Polo wool trousers x2 (not available) velvet Polo trousers 32x32 (available) black courduroy Polo trousers 32x32 (available)
    [​IMG]

vintage backpack not a sought after maker but will work for me (not available)
    [​IMG]

jacket for me by it looks like a folded streetwear company called Amongst Friends? (not available)
    [​IMG]

Harvey Lewis & Sons suit. Not a bespoke item like I had thought. It actually has a eurosized tag which says 50 but fits like a 42 (not available)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RLBL green goat skin suede pants (not available)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Matching pocket square for your tie:

[​IMG]

Not sure why I keep picking these up, I haven't actually ever worn a pocket square. But I now have a collection of about a dozen and a linen napkin I thought was a pocket square.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

That one looks like a scarf. The ideal length for a pocket square is I think 17".

15. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

I have a random question and I don't really venture out to anywhere else on the forum very much. You guys are the only people I know who could answer me. Does Ferragamo ever use US sizing on their shoes? I thrifted some loafers a while back stamped with 8.5. I wear 8.5. They fit like a glove. This guy on eBay is telling me I have the wrong size after I sent him the measurements of the insole. He says they're an 8, but if they really weren't US sized they should be more like a 7.5 and I shouldn't even be able to fit them on my feet.

Sorry for all the numbers. Thanks in advance. I still need to sell those cufflinks.

16. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

No love for my Polo Tweed?

Auction brag!

The guy selling the jukeboxes was a little peeved because he said he can sell them for $1800 and most of the ones sold at auction went for half that. He has a ton more that he'll auction closer to Christmas time to try to drive up the bids.

We're in the process of tracking down its former home via the serial number. Hopefully, it's this one: http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/e...-faces-trial-over-waffle-house-brawl-1/nQ4kH/

[​IMG]

It's loaded with 200 classic rock, country, terrible pop and Waffle House hits on a combination of 45s and five CDs. I think we'll keep most of the records, but will definitely change out the "Grammy Nominees 2006" CD.

17. tben

tben Senior member

I am not sure I am following. Is he saying that they are UK sized? Because Ferragamo, in my experience, will only ever be marked in US or EU sizing, especially if found in the US/Canada. If it helps, personally I wear an 11-11.5 and all of my Ferragmos are the same. Does this help at all?

18. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Yeah, I guess there's no reason they should ever be UK sized although I see eBay auctions of similar shoes here and there where the size listed doesn't always match the size stamped. I think this guy's just off his rocker. Thanks.

19. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Will be going through my "Pocket Square collection" with a tape measure and see if I have 10 squares or some scarves and squares mixed...

20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow! Those are some very impressive shoe finds. I'm willing to bet the Westons, Stefanobi and Lidforts were from the same owner. I just can't imagine more than one person donating slightly obscure, high-quality shoes like that to a thrift store unless you're in LA or SF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.