1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

You actually get that dressed up to work from home? My wife gets annoyed when 3pm rolls around and I am still in my PJs. Although once in awhile I will dress up with a tie and jacket, than go sit in my office... by myself... alone... in my tie. [​IMG]

Once a month I get to visit my customer in person, so get to actually dress up than.

1 person likes this.
  2. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Nat...Primal has some great imagery, and alot of people like them...not the best jerseys, but still a nice pick up!

I think you are wrong on that A-2 It looks right to me...how about a better picture of the stamped label!

Nice pickups on the albums...Blind Faith the original? Hmmm...SRC..somehow I hadn't heard of them...sounds like a great pickup tho after listening to them via youtube!

3. codhead

codhead Senior member

Tried over on the label thread, with no response.So any assistance from you guys would help:

Help in IDing a label inside an ivory silk tuxedo jacket please guys.

The black label appears to say Nicola Blair but I can find absolutely no reference to a designer of that name. The shop (Vincci) was in Jermyn Street, London and seemed to cater for rich middle-eastern playboys. Much of their stuff was Kiton for Vincci etc. I have 3 x Kiton-made sports coats and the Vincci reference number starts with KITxxxxxxx, this one starts with BRIxxxxxx

The composition label was inside the right inside pocket, can anyone identify the manufacturer from this label please? I've been through the first 20 pages and the last 20 pages, please don't tell me I'll have to trawl through the middle 50.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Thanks for the input!

The A-2 just seems too "new" to me. The leather is very soft and supple. Has brass zippers. Zipper pull marked "Scovill Gripper". The stamped label is very faded. That's about the best I could do. It's hard to make out but it looks like the manufacturer was Benton Brothers. Couldn't turn up anything on them.

Thanks! Yes, the Blind Faith is an OG pressing of the rare banned cover. My heart skipped a beat when the guy ahead of me picked it up, then relief came when he put it back and kept going. He grabbed all the Beatles, Stones and some Chicago. I'm happy with my finds. SRC is a great band. Psych-rock group based out of Detroit. I've known about them but could never find their albums as they are pretty scarce. Been wanting their self-titled LP from 1968 for a long time. Was thrilled to find this, their 3rd LP from 1970. Some great tunes on this one.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  5. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Oh my. Thankfully that is three sizes too large for me...

6. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Finally got pictures taken of that Fox Fur Coat. Been in contact with the Fromm Museum and they tell me that its Silver Fox Fur from the 1940s. Things like this, with a past and history, are the reason that I keep thrifting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]

8. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Lets see clothing related? Nope.

Cool vintage? Check.

[​IMG]
    Nice vintage infinity mirror! Yea...boring to some, but I dont care :D

Also..as always, since I post so late..I get overlooked or else I post crap...but no love for this Brioni Tux?
    I know the shawl collar dates it a bit, but a decent pickup still? Right?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Brioni is always a good pickup

10. eazye

eazye Senior member

Fore real, what size is that? Must have missed it the first time around. Also, that infinity mirror is facking rad! The Milwaukee Art Museum had an infinity room when I was a kid. You had to put on paper slippers to go in, and I remember laying on the floor and looking down into it, which seemed to go on for ever. Really cool.

11. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

sorry Eazye..its a 42..if it was your size...I would be keeping :)

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Eh? Whats that now?

13. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Indeed? Do say more...

14. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I was quite excited about the Brioni tux that I found. It was recent, and with the synchronicity of the newest Bond movie where, naturally, he wears a Brioni tux, I thought I was sure for a windfall. At over a $5,000 retail value, it was a once in a lifetime find of its kind. I ended up selling it for a whopping $250. I'm sure Spoo could've moved it for more, but apparently even the highest end tuxes aren't worth much to most.

15. Pupatl

Pupatl Member

Is this the Banana Republic I'm looking for?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. eazye

eazye Senior member

Nat, I'm in your neck if the woods right now, just drove past a goodwill as a matter of fact. No time to stop though:(

17. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Bummer!

18. eazye

eazye Senior member

En route to Montana, hoping to pick up at least one Texas tuxedo and some cowboy boots.

19. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

[​IMG]

FYI:

[​IMG]

is holding an online (and live) auction for

[​IMG]
    Fully stocked and ready to rock.

"Raisins in my Toast" () and other WH hits included.

No minimum! Hundreds to choose from!

http://bullseyeauctions.com/Upcomin...&group=0&state=&kwd=&zip=&category=0&nojava=0

OK.

My wife is writing a short magazine piece about it, so I will be in charge of bidding. I've told her our cap, and we won't go over it. If we don't come home with a jukebox (for which we have absolutely no space), she might be crestfallen.

20. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Certainly still true on some parts.
    In flip flops?!
    I agree 100%
    Thanks!
    Not crazy about that buttoning either, I'm realizing. The Kitons are great though.
    It looks like you're doing pretty well!!
    Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.