• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope this fits. I was in a hurry, so I didn't try it on.

If it don't, get at me bro!

And this is the mystery piece. Anyone? It's pretty heavy and awesome.

Wow! Not sure on maker, but dated 1940 it should bring a few bucks on Ebay if it's in good condition. The folks at the Fedora Lounge are helpful for identifying vintage stuff.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That moment when you realize that the seemingly in good condition Brooks Brothers merino v-neck sweater has a quarter-size hole. So not worth the $4.

I found the aforementioned Brooks Brothers sweater and a Zegna shirt. The shirt fit like a tent, despite being a medium. Fake?

lastdonb

Reaction score
They don't seem to be, about standard for a 16.5, something close to 23/24 p2p. I have not measured them all, but I imagine they were all from the same donor so they should be pretty close.

Thanks, always been my problem, big neck, short arms, medium build. If I get a 16 ½ regular fit, it fits like a tent and the sleeves are 2 inches too long.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]Went to an estate sale and saw a pair of shoes to flip but cannot id th maker. Help?

There is a small crown emblem/symbol and it is not the Florsheim one. I'm hoping I can attach pics from my phone.

Edit: I guess I can't add photos from my phone. Someone want to give me their number so I can text the photos? Lol Nantaku?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You know who,,,

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kind words, but I'm sure anyone would have done the same. It was like watching your sweet grandmother fall.
I am annoyed when I see intolerance to old people and the mentally disabled. I get upset when I see older people forced to stand on the bus or tram when there are clearly marked seats for them that are occupied by able bodied people. I've been known to be fairly rude when I tell 12 year olds that they should stand up and offer the 95 year old woman a seat as she's hanging on for dear life at every turn
happy.gif
Strange you mention mentally disabled...saw this today and wondered how long ago it was to be able to get away with this.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here they are, cleaned, polished and straight laced. Anybody? Not that it matters as I'll be keeping them for myself, but I'm still curious. :D

Randomore

Reaction score
Todays finds.

Wish this fit... RLBL no size tag but a slim 15ish with FC. available.

Uniqlo+Jil Sander colab this im keeping N/A

Bonobos NWT baby blue cords size 32/34 not sure if keeping.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here they are, cleaned, polished and straight laced. Anybody? Not that it matters as I'll be keeping them for myself, but I'm still curious. :D

Dayumm those look nice I don't remember the origional post what are they?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Strange you mention mentally disabled...saw this today and wondered how long ago it was to be able to get away with this.

Must have been some time ago, it's the same here. It's moved from one word to the next on what is acceptable. At one time, you could use the word "zurückgeblieben" to describe a person, literally it's to stay back or backwards. It's still used in an offensive manner.

^If those are your finds, awesome!

Whaaaattt?

:cry:

Sick! Are these from the store you mentioned yesterday?

I wish! They're actually from our cart kicking friend :D

Oh, and Eazy, did you get my PM?

Todays finds.

Bonobos NWT baby blue cords size 32/34 not sure if keeping.

Nice on those Bonobos, wish they'd fit me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads