The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tben

tben Senior member

Quote:
    Hey man! Thanks! I am going to see if I can come up with some stuff in your sizes and just stuff a box. It will probably only be a small box with, like three items however.
    I think they were white. I have a pair already lying around, that I don't use. If someone could get some proper use from them, let me know.

Come on bro! [​IMG]

I really like these. Too bad they aren't a half-size smaller.

2. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

Might take some time and research....but you could try issuu.com/allenedmonds

3. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

those floors look great, wes. how do you feel about that paint color? my wife and I wanted to do something similar to that color.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Thanks Sam,

Well, funny you ask. The main color is fine, but the accent wall color clashed a bit, so it is being repainted tonight. Much better than the previous color (still visible on the window trim). It was sort of an orange sherbet color....the room had pink carpet too. The original hardwood had to be removed due to powder post beetle damage. The "new" flooring was originally intended to be the floor in my new 15'x28' ebay office...but the unexpected damage had to be repaired.

The project has to be done by tomorrow night...expect floor finishing. We have 8 guests coming for the weekend, and are currently living in our only guest bedroom....the other one is taken over by 15 guitars and 200+ sportcoats. Lol

5. thriftydood

thriftydood Senior member

Seems like you already know the answer on the Dior--doesn't look like a Dior Homme pattern, has a Christian Dior backing, isn't made in Italy, and the tag is in Spanish and references Argentina.

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Fucking gorgeous room, Wes! You guys did a great job!

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

8. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

needs new light fixtures before i'll go that far. :).

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I'm a vampire, don't you know? Hiiiiissssss [​IMG]

Don't have a vampire icon so using the devil one...[​IMG]

10. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Did we stop speaking about outrageous thrift prices?

Saw a NWT Faco leather coat, MSRP was either 695 or 795. Can't remember which
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Wow, lots of activity and I just wanted say congrats to everyone that's been bringing stuff home! I can't quote everything that was really cool, but here is a selection...

Coat looks good, but I'd also say it's just a bit long. I would look into shortening it though, even if it isn't recommended in most cases. It fits you well overall and it is a great jacket!!!!

Wow, that's one of the more interesting finds here! I love seeing the famous people thrift finds, even if I have to wikipedia some of the people. Phil Jackson wasn't one of them :happy:

I have been considering buying something just like these for about a year! I had actually just clicked "watch" on a pair and really wish these were my size.

Awesome finds and the coat looks great!

:embar: Really nice, but I think there are a lot of great looks around here :D

Nice prices! I just left a Breuer tie today that I held onto for a few minutes and had regretted since I left. You may have inspired me to go back!

Afraid that I'll have to concur, I would say it's an orphan. Like someone else said, probably part of a flannel suit. If you like it, keep an eye out for something with cashmere as it gives a jacket great texture.

Wes, looks great! I love that floor...old wood has a charm that can't be replicated, no matter how many times it's been sanded down. I'd love to see the coffee table and the inside of that closet! If you're struggling on the accent wall, have you considered painting it to match the rest of the room? A lot of times an accent wall will simply break a space up and make it feel smaller. Just an idea to save you some stress for your guests!

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Thrift fit pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PRL jacket (consignment)
    Lands End shirt (thrifted)
    Nautica tie (TJ Maxx)
    BB chinos (retail :embar:)
    Alden flexwelt pennies (traded with noob - thanks man! they cleaned up good.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

13. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Yeah that place... if it's the same location I stop at occasionally they're the ones with the $1,000 average looking vintage stereo system a couple years ago.

14. Nell

Nell Senior member

Just grabbed a pair of Acne jeans for myself and C.P. company black sneakers at the local trade in shit hole. I'm ignorant in regards to SWD - can anyone enlighten me on CP company? At first glance I assumed they were Common Projects, but google suggests different. Running to class now, but I'll throw pics up tonight.

Passed on an orange, corduroy, relatively tame skeet blanket at $10 and a pair of beat Nudie Glenn Flare 30/32 around 10 as well. Likely going to grab the RG within the week, so let me know if the bootcut deal is still your thing.

15. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you don't read Orgetorix' blog you should. His fits are almost all thrifted, and he always looks great. Great example for folks who thrift to dress in a conservative environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.